Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by sppunk
One Mile At A Time blog confirms CSR's Priority Pass Select has guest privileges.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...priority-pass/

He wouldn't publish it if not granted by Chase methinks.
That is hardly compelling as he cites the same ambiguous language that was quoted a few pages back.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:48 pm

Does the new Chase Sapphire "Reserve" card allow one to bring in 2 guests to the lounge at no extra cost like the Citi Prestige card? Apparently, per a poster on a separate thread, the new J.P. Morgan card (which also offer 100K points), the Priority Pass for that card also allows for 2 guests.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
Does the new Chase Sapphire "Reserve" card allow one to bring in 2 guests to the lounge at no extra cost like the Citi Prestige card? Apparently, per a poster on a separate thread, the new J.P. Morgan card (which also offer 100K points), the Priority Pass for that card also allows for 2 guests.
No one knows until they receive their priority pass select card.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Does Priority Pass info come with the card shipment? Or does tht come later?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by saFlyTalk
Does Priority Pass info come with the card shipment? Or does tht come later?
It doesn't even happen automatically. After the card shows up in your account, click "Things you can do," then "Card Benefits," and you will go to a screen that will allow you to activate your Priority Pass membership. When I did so I got a message that I would receive the PP card in 2-3 weeks.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by taliesin
It doesn't even happen automatically. After the card shows up in your account, click "Things you can do," then "Card Benefits," and you will go to a screen that will allow you to activate your Priority Pass membership. When I did so I got a message that I would receive the PP card in 2-3 weeks.
I did the same. I have quite a bit of upcoming travel in the next two weeks, so I was hoping I'd have Priority Pass sooner, rather than later. I called Priority Pass about maybe getting a digital card sooner, and I was told that I needed to contact Chase. The Chase agent told me that the credit card itself served as a Priority Pass...
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:27 am

CSR - Guest access to lounges

Hi,

I've checked the websites and got mixed posts - Does anyone know if the Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass includes free guests? Or do I still need to pay the 27$ fee per guest?

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jjoe123
Hi,

I've checked the websites and got mixed posts - Does anyone know if the Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass includes free guests? Or do I still need to pay the 27$ fee per guest?

Thanks

Yes, it includes free guests.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by penner42
I wonder how these Priority Pass deals work with the banks. Priority Pass pays the lounges when you use it... I wonder if the Priority Pass Select received from the banks with a credit card has some sort of arrangement where they only pay per use, or at least very little up front.
Definitely possible. Just like companies that self insure their employees, it's a law of large numbers thing. They might "lose" money on a few people who use the lounges a lot but it's made up by the people who don't use the benefit too much, just like a company might "lose" money on sick employees but makes up for it because they have a lot more healthy employees.

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Not everyone pays off their credit cards every month. At 16% interest chase is happy to give u all that.

Is there a poll out there to see how much debt everyone is carrying on their cards? One way to see if chase is making out like a bandant or are card holders making out?
Plus merchant fees!

http://time.com/money/4213757/averag...dit-card-debt/
People who don't pay off their CCs every month, for the most part, aren't getting the CSR though. But remember that in the premium card market, a lot of people already have these benefits on another card. For example, I applied for Global Entry and get Priority Pass via my Amex Plat, so I likely won't be using those benefits on the CSR.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:38 pm

I heard CSR has Priority Pass with free guesting privileges. This would be the clincher for me to keep the card for year 2 and beyond provided nothing else changes. I'm likely going to cancel Prestige in a month or so before the annual fee hits since I already used the annual airline credit unless I get a nice retention bonus.

Last edited by steve4; Aug 24, 2016 at 6:40 pm Reason: Additional thoughts
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:51 pm

Has anyone gotten their priority pass card after receiving the CSR?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Statman
Is it meant to come automatically? I am under the impression that we need to opt in. Brochure that comes with the card says "To activate your membership, visit: chase.com/reserve" [n.b. -- that takes me to the Chase front page] and the ts&cs later in the brochure say "One time activation required."
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:56 pm

WHAT !! It takes a while for PP ...I got my PP from AMEX PLATINUM 3 weeks after me applying for it (after I received the amex plat card).
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by wvvm
Is it meant to come automatically? I am under the impression that we need to opt in. Brochure that comes with the card says "To activate your membership, visit: chase.com/reserve" [n.b. -- that takes me to the Chase front page] and the ts&cs later in the brochure say "One time activation required."
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
WHAT !! It takes a while for PP ...I got my PP from AMEX PLATINUM 3 weeks after me applying for it (after I received the amex plat card).
Yeah, you have to go request it. You can do it online before you get the CSR in the mail, if it's in your Chase account. Go to Ultimate Rewards, Use Points -> Card Benefits. Will take a couple of weeks.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:22 pm

Try calling them, it probably won't work today (didn't for me), but maybe again in a few days if you really need it soon. If they are in the system they should be able to give you the info to use the digital membership through the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.