Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat

I'm seeing an offer of 3 nights after $5k spend on the public site now with $450 AF, best new offer?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
I'm seeing an offer of 3 nights after $5k spend on the public site now with $450 AF, best new offer?
Don't see that for me.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by phant0m
Don't see that for me.
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ritzcarlton/aep3CN

Clicking on the link in the Wiki errors out.. deleting the 2CN portion brings the above site up.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:10 am

Whoa, lots of new benefits but loss of club level upgrades.

Last edited by Troopers; Aug 5, 2016 at 11:16 am
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:21 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Troopers
Whoa, lots of new benefits but loss of club level upgrades.
It's becoming visa infinite according to the picture. When I get off the train I'm going to call JPMorgan to see if I get the new card.

My annual fee hit the 1st and it's still $395
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:46 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by frudd38
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ritzcarlton/aep3CN

Clicking on the link in the Wiki errors out.. deleting the 2CN portion brings the above site up.
Great find! Looks like the changes (other than sign up bonus) are:

- annual fee now $450
- card is now a Visa Infinite
- Lounge Club becomes Priority Pass Select
- no more club upgrades
- new $100 off airfare discount, fulfilled through Visa Infinite (note that the T&Cs imply that you may be restricted to certain airlines or flights for each itinerary)
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by United747
It's becoming visa infinite....
It is.

Also notice 10,000 bonus pts after first purchase and addition of an authorized user.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Seems like it is aligned to the new Sapphire Reserved card.

But with the increased annual fee and the lose of the upgrade certificate it would be a very difficult decision whether to keep this one.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
But with the increased annual fee and the lose of the upgrade certificate it would be a very difficult decision whether to keep this one.
Clicking through the Apply Now link, "Upgrade to The Ritz–Carlton Club® Level 3 times annually on paid stays of up to 7 nights" shows up.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Clicking through the Apply Now link, "Upgrade to The Ritz–Carlton Club® Level 3 times annually on paid stays of up to 7 nights" shows up.
Yes, I can see that.

So someone either forgot to include it the landing page, or taking out from the apply now page.

Time will tell which one.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:57 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Yes, I can see that.

So someone either forgot to include it the landing page, or taking out from the apply now page.

Time will tell which one.
It also doesn't appear anywhere in the full T&Cs linked to on the landing page
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:03 pm

P.S. - as a current card holder, I could not access the $100 off airline ticket landing page. I wonder when they will announce the changes to current card holders. My annual fee is coming up in couple of weeks (and I've already received the upgrade certificates for this coming year).
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:03 pm

Just applied and approved!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:05 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Just called. They said cards were migrated a few days ago.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:06 pm

So will this be considering a separate product from the current RC card? If yes, does that mean I can get this card as well and still get the bonus even though I currently hold the RC card and got the bonus less than 2 years ago?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.