Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2016, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by STS-134
That's kind of the point. If you don't see value in the card long term, you are one of those customers who is likely to cancel.
Maybe. Maybe not.

We all have our thresholds for bonus, emotional reasons, hassles, etc
Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by Ratamacue
Further update regarding guest access:

One more...
So wait, does that mean they handed over their CSR cards and they processed the numbers so it's possible for them to send charges against their CSR account later?

Isn't just showing the PP card enough to gain entry for the member and the guest(s)?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
So wait, does that mean they handed over their CSR cards and they processed the numbers so it's possible for them to send charges against their CSR account later?

Isn't just showing the PP card enough to gain entry for the member and the guest(s)?
Yes, no need to show your CSR. PP card is enough. Scan, sign, and Bob's your uncle.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Then there's no way they can charge you for the lounge visit.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by STS-134
I honestly don't know why Chase didn't structure the bonus points like a stock grant contract, with a 1 year vest cliff, followed by points vesting in equal amounts at 1 month intervals. For example, 33333 points will vest after the first year (after the second AF has been paid), followed by about 2778 points per month for the next 24 months, for a total of 100k points, but only if you stick around for a full 3 years.
The bank probably wants to preserve the right to terminate your account unilaterally for any reason. Such terms might make it more difficult, and invite lawsuits if the reason can be proven to be account termination by the bank solely to avoid paying the bonus.

Also, there is plenty of competition in the credit card market, and few would probably go for these terms especially if coupled with high annual fee.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
Then there's no way they can charge you for the lounge visit.
The lounge wouldn't charge you. They record the entries on your PP member number. As I understand it, that chain leads PP to get compensation from Chase, who doesn't charge you at this point but who knows how long that will last.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
The CSR is in tomorrow's NYT:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/13...nual-fees.html

It's all downhill from here. Heh.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by roundtree
The lounge wouldn't charge you. They record the entries on your PP member number. As I understand it, that chain leads PP to get compensation from Chase, who doesn't charge you at this point but who knows how long that will last.
Yup, this is how it works for amex plat/citi prestige
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomorecoach
Chase will not count your Chase business cards towards 5/24 if it doesn't appear on your personal credit report. There have been numerous reports that say so. And, I believe a blogger recently wrote the same.
Then why are you the first person to say so, when in the main thread about applying for Chase cards:
everyone seems to agree with what I said?

This is not the right thread to debate this. I'm simply repeating what is accepted knowledge in the other thread here for those who are only reading this thread.

Please go to that other thread and post there what you said here (hopefully naming a source), and then it can be discussed in the right place, and the wiki of that thread can be adjusted if needed. (The wiki of that thread currently says that Chase business cards are counted against 5/24, and it's based on people who would not have been denied for 5/24 if their Chase business cards had not been counted, but they were denied for 5/24.) Thanks.

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 12, 2016 at 7:48 pm
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by saleen22
Applied today in branch.

CPC, 845 credit sore, currently at 6/24, got denied. Called recon and they said it was denied that it was not eligible for recon. Based on the DPs here I was pretty shocked at getting denied. Any tips to get this approved?
Try the JP Morgan Reconsideration line (800-527-7415). I had the same issue when I was going through the normal reconsideration lines - 4 different reps wouldn't budge even though I have CPC and cited that I was 8/24. Called the above number and the rep had no issue approving me once I offered to reallocate 10k from my other trade lines.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Originally Posted by nomorecoach
Chase will not count your Chase business cards towards 5/24 if it doesn't appear on your personal credit report. There have been numerous reports that say so. And, I believe a blogger recently wrote the same.
Then why are you the first person to say so, when in the main thread about applying for Chase cards:
everyone seems to agree with what I said?

This is not the right thread to debate this. I'm simply repeating what is accepted knowledge in the other thread here for those who are only reading this thread.

Please go to that other thread and post there what you said here (hopefully naming a source), and then it can be discussed in the right place, and the wiki of that thread can be adjusted if needed. (The wiki of that thread currently says that Chase business cards are counted against 5/24, and it's based on people who would not have been denied for 5/24 if their Chase business cards had not been counted, but they were denied for 5/24.) Thanks.
1. I am not the first person to say so.
2. That wiki, like many wikis (including wikipedia.com), is wrong.
3. Here's an example: http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/2016/08/30/34465/ This count does not count any small business cards, including Chase business cards. It only counts the accounts on my personal credit report.

To add another DP, I can corroborate that Chase doesn't count their own business cards. I'm 8/24 on personal, 9/24 with my Ink+. 4 seperate recon agents cited 8/24 when applying for CSR and only listed my personal cards. One actually broke down it down to from which issuer too. No one said anything about the business card.

Last edited by philemer; Sep 13, 2016 at 1:37 pm
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:26 pm

Hey guys, since I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve I'm looking to downgrade my Chase Sapphire Preferred to the Freedom Unlimited. What steps do I have to take to do so if any?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:20 pm

Applied for a card for my wife on 8/30. Got a "you'll hear from us within 30 days" notice. I let things run their course. Today got a letter in the mail saying the application was denied due to "not enough accounts opened long enough to establish a credit history." She's an authorized user on 5 different credit cards, the oldest of which is 4 years old. Overall she is 4/24. Is there anything we can do to get her approved? Or should we try and apply for CSP instead?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by shinjukuflyer
....the application was denied due to "not enough accounts opened long enough to establish a credit history."...

This is a higher end card with higher income and maybe fico requirements.

I am guessing she does not have enough credit history at this point? Where is her FICO?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
What's the delivery time averaging for the PP card after registering for PP on the Chase website? I know the CSR website says to allow 1-2 weeks, but I'm curious about the turnaround time folks are actually experiencing.

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.