Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by travellingwineO
PC'ing? What is this?
I believe that Product Changing, i.e. converting an existing Chase card to CSR instead of applying. PC doesn't provide the bonus, but it would provide the benefits.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by STS-134
No risk. Amex only lets you get the bonus once, but if you held the card without getting the bonus, you are still eligible for the bonus.
I am pretty sure the Amex language is "Welcome bonus not available if you have or have had this card" without any reference to prior bonus. So, if Chase adopts this in the future, I would be in trouble.

I wonder if there would be any issues with using the $300 credit and then getting a prorated AF refund after downgrading and re-applying for a new CSR?

Originally Posted by travellingwineO
PC'ing? What is this?
PC = Product Change. Basically converting from another UR-earning Chase card to the CSR. Confirmed doable although you do not get the 100k bonus.

Anyone know if there are any restrictions on PC'ing twice in a short period of time?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cyberUAL
5/24 people....
Applied this morning and got the 7-10 day message. Called recon and was told I have too many opened credit within the last 24 months. 7 to be exact the rep counted it.
Later in the afternoon after reading couple of blogs and Reddit, I went to a branch and spoke with a banker. 10 mins later I was approved for $30K

My recommendation is go to the branch if you're part of the 5/24. Don't waste time online.

-denied online
-went to see banker at branch and ask for preapproval
-no checking or savings with chase (had one years ago)
-1 credit card IHG with chase (closed UA and Marriott a year ago)
-800+ fico
-finally approved for $30k
Hmm, I think I'll try that today. Did you mention to the banker that you were denied earlier in the day? And were you pre-approved? You mention you asked. Had you check if you were pre-qualified online?

Last edited by ChiefNWA; Aug 23, 2016 at 6:32 am
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:23 am

Recon this morning

I am on the phone now. The rep was super pushy trying to get me off the phone, talking over me etc because I have 5 cards over the last 24 months. Said I would get a letter in the mail. Finally before he hung up on me I was able to mention that some of the cards are authorized user cards.
That changed everything. He immediately said he could reconsider my application. He confirmed my information. But in the end he said because I opened 3 (!) cards in the last two years he was denying me. He mentioned because I opened a chase freedom recently that also affected my chances.
Bummer!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by cyberUAL
5/24 people....
Applied this morning and got the 7-10 day message. Called recon and was told I have too many opened credit within the last 24 months. 7 to be exact the rep counted it.
Later in the afternoon after reading couple of blogs and Reddit, I went to a branch and spoke with a banker. 10 mins later I was approved for $30K

My recommendation is go to the branch if you're part of the 5/24. Don't waste time online.

-denied online
-went to see banker at branch and ask for preapproval
-no checking or savings with chase (had one years ago)
-1 credit card IHG with chase (closed UA and Marriott a year ago)
-800+ fico
-finally approved for $30k

Interesting. I have been reading and reading. My situation is simple. I am a heavy Citi AA churner, so way above 5/24. My SO, on the other hand, just keeps getting the AA Citi Mailers, as she has a full relationship with Chase and NO non Chase CC other than the Chase Trifecta + IHG. She is 2/24 and will turn 1/24 next month as she opened her CSP in August 2014 leaving her with the FU in last two years.

So I went to her branch and Manager did not know how to look for pre approved offers for both (she did not go with me as she is working long shifts til Wednesday), but he did not try to sell me anything as my SO banks there. I might try another branch to see if I am pre approved, as we are going to her branch on Thursday to get her CSR (commission to manager to keep him happy). I told the manager I would only apply for the CSR myself if he got me a pre-approved offer, if not, it was only her. Just for the record, this branch is one of those branches where No-one knows about CSR (of course they got the paperwork) and not even the employees know how to sell it
They told me 100,000 UR Points on CSR where worth $1,000
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by BThumme
If you've been approved, you can go to the UR page, and if you go to "Use points" and go down and select card benefits, you can activate your Priority Pass. You can also see the car rental discount codes and other benefits and see what they price out as if you want.
Thank you for passing this information along! I wonder what they do if you already have a CitiPrestige open with the Priority Pass account?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Polo2883
This is the secured message I got from Chase:

Thank you for contacting Chase about your Sapphire Reserve
card.

Due to extraordinary demand for the new Sapphire Reserve
card, we cannot process rush requests at this time. We
are committed to getting your new card to you as quickly
as possible.
What's the rush anyway...
Maybe there will be a much better offer in the future! Perhaps spend only $2000 for 100,000 UR! Especially after the initial sign-up rush is over, and applications turn into a trickle in 2017.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by mh4ll
Anyone know if there are any restrictions on PC'ing twice in a short period of time?
I just converted my (private client) CSP To CS yesterday -

If you're referring to PC'ing the same card, the phone rep said that I could call back to PC again in 45 days. I was hoping to do it much sooner to get some (freedom) 5% restaurant spend in sept; maybe I'll try again anyway in case she's wrong.

If you're referring to PC'ing in general, it's not really an answer, but while investigating why I only had 2 choices of card to PC to, she initially speculated that it may have been because i've done another PC too recently (I haven't). It sounded kind of like a random guess though, so I don't think I'd put too much stock in that.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
They'll send you another PP card. I currently have 3 of them. :/
So are they separate accounts then?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Just called in and was told I was declined for 5/24. Based on my count I was only at 4/24 and that included 2 authorized user. Chase rep started naming my accounts from my credit report and he started realizing most of my accounts were authorized users. He went ahead and said he would resubmit for approval and ignore the authorized users account. I had to move around my line of credit from my United Card I opened a couple months ago with the 70k offer for approval but that was no big deal.

Just wanted to share for those who 5/24 includes authorized users. Its possible to get approved.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:14 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
As it always seems to be... I applied for this card and had to call to move credit around for approval. My wife gets instantly approved with a $30K CL... she always has it easy and she hates this hobby! lol
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by faceboy
Just called in and was told I was declined for 5/24. Based on my count I was only at 4/24 and that included 2 authorized user. Chase rep started naming my accounts from my credit report and he started realizing most of my accounts were authorized users. He went ahead and said he would resubmit for approval and ignore the authorized users account. I had to move around my line of credit from my United Card I opened a couple months ago with the 70k offer for approval but that was no big deal.

Just wanted to share for those who 5/24 includes authorized users. Its possible to get approved.
out of curiosity let us know when your card appears in your chase account.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by smurov
I, too, have 3 PP memberships and yes they are separate accounts. Only you can use the card. When I get this CSR, I'm not even going to trigger the PP. Keeping Prestige b/c of this benefit and 4th night hotel.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by smurov
Yes, but their mobile app only lets you be signed in to one (and have the 'mobile card' barcode from one) at a time.

If you cancel a credit card, PP mails you a letter a few weeks later saying they cancelled your associated PP account and asking you to destroy the card or pay them to use the card the rest of the year.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I, too, have 3 PP memberships and yes they are separate accounts. Only you can use the card. When I get this CSR, I'm not even going to trigger the PP. Keeping Prestige b/c of this benefit and 4th night hotel.
what's the advantage of keep mutiple PP cards? I have one PP from AMEX platinum ..now wondering if I should get the PP for CSR too..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.