Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by wco81
Which recon line did you call?
the personal recon line. 888-245-0625 I am only a little concerned as my existing cards don't show the new credit lines and the automated line still says pending review. I have one friend that called in around the same time with a similar situation as mine and his card is showing in his account.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:41 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by HGF
Metra counts as travel for the CSP, so I would assume it is the same with the CSR.
I think CTA is as well. Been awhile since I've bought a pass though.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by somebuddy
If I'm at 6/24 right now, I have to wait until 2 cards drop off my record? Would this date be the date I signed up for cards #5 and #6?
The dates that they're listed as opened on a credit report.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by OliverB
Just put in an application online and got the usual automated expect a response by mail. I only have a CSP and Ink Plus card. The Sapphire Preferred has a credit line of approx. 40K with only about 4K currently utilized. Annual income is above 100K but not far exceeding. No recent applications if memory serves, save for the Ink Plus, which was approved several months ago. I might have applied for the MilagePlus as well but never ended up following through. If the application for the Reserve were to be declined for any number of reasons, and I were to call the reconsideration line, what are the chances that I could request a reallocation of credit from my CSP to the new card to avoid extending additional credit? I'd be more than willing to close out the CSP for this new product as well. Any thoughts?
I was in a similar situation with some different factors. Called Chase Lending 888-245-0625 and after a 40 min wait moved some credit for approval.

I asked the rep if there was anything else I could do to help the approval, he told me he would have denied me on the spot if I wouldn't have qualified.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Is the lounge access only for the primary card holder? Or is it primary card + guest?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
How you get it expedited? I tried and they said no.
I'm not sure. I sent sm and they approved it. SM was sent 24 hours ago.

First applied from the leaked link last week, went pending.
Approved on 8/19.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by UpAt40k
And you're not a Chase Private Client?
Nope, but the manager was filling in as a teller and filled the application for me. Not sure if that made a difference.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by giesen5
Stupid question: For those of you going into the local branch, do you all have accounts with Chase other than just credit cards? If I do not have checking/savings with Chase, can I go in and check to see if I am preapproved?
I have 3 credit cards with Chase, no other accounts. I went in and gave the teller my license and That was it.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mh4ll
Surprised there hasn't been any more discussion of PC'ing as a temporary solution. Will be under 5/24 in ~3 months. Very high reimbursable dining spend tho so would like this card ASAP as the loss of my grandfathered 5x Forward has been a real hit. I currently hold CSP. If I PC to CSR, my understanding is that I can then downgrade it and immediately apply for the CSR outright and get the bonus. Correct?

If I use the 300 travel credit before downgrade, then downgrade to Freedom Unl and get a partial annual fee refund, and then apply for the CSR and use the 300 credit again -- seems like a nice profit. Any data points of Chase treating this as "abuse"? It sort of is, although if they didn't have stupid 5/24 I'd just apply outright now and not go through the shenanigans...
Any word on PC'ing now and then applying later?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: BA, AA, DA, UA, CO
Originally Posted by MapleLeafss
I would think that anybody will hit the $300 really quickly without much thought.
Well, I do see a problem for me to spend $300 till the end of the year in the Travel category. My only hope really is if I can somehow buy gift card for a hotel/airline and resell on ebay. Any suggestion?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
I have an 800 FICO score and 3 chase cards none of which were opened in the last 2 years and I also got the 7 to 10 day on the website and 30 day decision email. I cancelled the freedom card. Hopefully they can allocate that credit line now. If I tried a product transfer there was no bonus.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:49 pm

The one risk with PCing as a temp strategy is if chase ever switches to Amex bonus qualifying strategy.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
The one risk with PCing as a temp strategy is if chase ever switches to Amex bonus qualifying strategy.
No risk. Amex only lets you get the bonus once, but if you held the card without getting the bonus, you are still eligible for the bonus.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:04 pm

Applied for wife and I. She's an instant approval, I got the 7-10. PRETTY sure I'm at 4/24, or less, but not going to bother to figure it out.

Will (maybe) call Recon tomorrow.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Just going to pass this along.

If you've been approved, you can go to the UR page, and if you go to "Use points" and go down and select card benefits, you can activate your Priority Pass. You can also see the car rental discount codes and other benefits and see what they price out as if you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.