Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Approved online. I see on here and Reddit, people are calling to possibly expedite it - where can I find the phone number for that?

Also, I wasn't logged into chase when I applied. This will be my third card; my second was the 70k Chase United Explorer card, and when I applied (and was approved) it instantly showed in my Chase Account online; this one isn't. Will I just have to manually add it once I get the card?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by cslovacek
Folks, the 100K bonus is alive on this link. I confirmed when I called reconsideration line. Just apply now.
but I need it on paper (online) ..unless I see that I am not applying online
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by living
Also business cards are not reported by some banks, so that lets you get around the 5/24 as well
Yes. That has been my strategy for the last 10 months as I was gearing up to apply for the CSP. Thankfully news of the CSR came out before I did that, b/c I would've been over 5/24.

Is there general success if asking recon to remove AU and Chase ink from 5/24?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I am very interested in seeing the people who have years in this game and less than 5 cards opened in any 24 month period.
I had been applying for a lot of cards... then stopped around summer of 2013 because I knew I'd want to buy a house in the next few years. That happened in the summer of 2014. With the renovation we did on the house, we had plenty of points, so I decided I was only going to apply for cards when there was an offer I couldn't refuse.

That happened when the Amex Platinum 100k offer arrived, September of 2015. Since then I've gotten UA Explorer Business (50k), UA Explorer Personal (70k), and Citi Prestige (40k). So I'm at 4/24 (+Citi Costco conversion, Citi AA converted to DoubleCash. Neither of those show on my credit report as new cards far as I can tell.)

So I should be at 4/24, but I've been in the credit card game since 2011.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by DBCme
I've looked at Credit Karma and my own records, and can exclude* IHG and BA, giving me a net 4/24. How the heck does one convince the reconsideration line rep of this??! First attempt was a bad bad fail.

*Excluded as per previous posters have indicated (among other select cards)
IHG and BA are exclude from 5/24, meaning if you apply for those cards the 5/24 does not apply.
It does not mean that they are excluded from 5/24 if you apply for one card, like CSR, where 5/24 applies.

Originally Posted by lobo411
Is a hard pull really bad enough to possibly miss out on 100k points? After all, if declined, you can always PC.
Given the reports already being nearly unanimous in their consistency and the fact that I'm probably somewhere around 9/24, there's about a zero percent change that I'm approved, so it seems like a waste of a hard pull, yes.

I do have a branch a few blocks away, but it seems like there's at least some level of consistency in that not working out for people, either.

Originally Posted by Chimmy31
Just applied and approved in about 30 seconds! Quick, fast and easy!! Good job Chase!! Goodbye Citi!!
Over/under 5/24?

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by philemer
https://www.chase.com/prequalified

Not sure how accurate this is but it shows nada/zilch for me and my wife. We are both well over 5/24.

I'll chat with the folks at our nearby Chase branch later today.
Same here except wife is 3/24 and i'm 6/24.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
but I need it on paper (online) ..unless I see that I am not applying online
Me too, but somebody above noted that the above-linked app landing page address says "promo=df01" whatever that means. I assume that whatever that means is what people who use that link will get.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I am very interested in seeing the people who have years in this game and less than 5 cards opened in any 24 month period.
If they're under 5/24 then I don't think they're really "in the game". I'd expect anyone remotely in the game to be 10+/24, but more in the 20+/24 range.. It is a bit shocking the amount of under 5/24 here.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
After getting approved by recon for this card today, should I apply for another card today to maximize my hard pull? Like the marriott card?

Or is it not worth it and wait for a better deal due to 5/24?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Pending 7-10 days after online app. Email says "We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days." Called automated status line and it said 30 days.

Were you over/under 5/24? 6/24 w/ Ink, 4/24 w/o
Are you a Chase Private Client? No
If right around 5/24, did you have ink/store cards/AU? See above, no others
If called recon, what was the original message you received? Not going to call. Waited out Hyatt and it was eventually approved in April.
Income: 125K
credit score: 800
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:43 am

5/24 denied (really I am 3/24, but with 2 AUs)
Called to reconsideration line - no luck. Too many CCs in the past 24 months.
Income: 300K
CS: 780
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
call automated line and see if it updates to 7-10 days or 30 days
what is the automated line?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
Were you over/under 5/24? 5/24
Are you a Chase Private Client? No
If right around 5/24, did you have ink/store cards/AU? No
If called recon, what was the original message you received? Auto-Approved with 10k credit line
Income: 100K+
Credit score: 715

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.