Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:44 am

DP: 4/24, Just applied for CSR in branch. I was pre-approved in-branch for CSR. But when she put the application in, It says we will notify you in 2 week by mail.

So I am worried now. Does anyone know what does 2 weeks message means??

200K income, 4/24, Was pre-approved in branch for CSR, But application says 2 weeks.

Should i call Recon line and talk with them or just wait???
thanks
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by techoin
kinda surprised to see so many FTers under 5/24...I don't see myself being under 5/24 in distant future so no go for me
+1
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Guys,,,, The offer online still doesn't have the 100,000 bonus language ....I think I will apply at the bank.
The application page will never show the bonus.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One thing that gives me pause after the fact is I realized there wasn't any mention of the 100k signup bonus on the website. I think one person called and said they had confirmed that the bonus is in place, however. Is there any independent verification?

edit:
Originally Posted by trouble747
Why is this?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CSR is still not listed on Chase website if you browse All Cards. Is there an official page showing 100K bonus?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum + Marriott Platinum
Accepted!

Applied on the link, got 7-10 day message, called into one of the reconsideration numbers listed on the Chase cards Wiki.

Confirmed some of my info, rep came back and told me she'd have to move credit from my CSP ($15k CL on it). She said minimum of $10k, I said to move $12k. FWIW, I am also an AU on a Freedom with my mom, that has $25k on it. I'll eventually downgrade the CSP to the CF/CFU. I asked about additional credit, and she said someone else would have to consider that, so I decided to not push my luck. I can always get more credit down the road.

Confirmed the 100k signup bonus. Asked for expedited shipping, was transferred, and card was expedited for 1-2 business day shipping.

Info: $105k income, 3/24 (with 1 falling off yesterday!), and possibly an Ink card that would make me 4/24, but not positive. I have a mortgage that isn't showing on my credit score at the moment - just closed on the house at the beginning of the month. Score 780-810 per CreditKarma. Am not Chase Private Banking client.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by myworld
DP: 4/24, Just applied for CSR in branch. I was pre-approved in-branch for CSR. But when she put the application in, It says we will notify you in 2 week by mail.

So I am worried now. Does anyone know what does 2 weeks message means??

200K income, 4/24, Was pre-approved in branch for CSR, But application says 2 weeks.

Should i call Recon line and talk with them or just wait???
thanks
2 weeks usually means they did not even start to process your application. You are better wait a few hours before calling recon. (7-10 days message usually means a denial, and 30 days message means they actually need to further review your application and an approval is likely/possible.)

How did you check if you were pre-approved in branch? Do you give your info to the banker and specifically ask him/her to look for your pre-approved offers?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:51 am

my 5th credit account was opened sept 2 2014 and closed may 8 2015. do i need to wait until may 9 2017 or can i apply sept 3?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by trouble747

The URL refers to PROMO=DF01
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: AA, UA
5/24. Applied and got an email "Thank you for submitting a credit card application to Chase. Here's what you can expect next:".

I looked up in email and I got the same email before when I tried to get Freedom and CSP (both approved). I'll try calling recon after my 11AM meeting. lets see.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:53 am

Approved. Really surprised with all the 5/24 talk. In the past 24 months I have had the following CC's
CSP
Chase IHG
Chase United
Chase Ink Business
AMEX Delta
AMEX Delta Business
AMEX Gold
and I applied and got approved for the BoA card, but never activated.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by mizzou1
2 weeks usually means they did not even start to process your application. You are better wait a few hours before calling recon. (7-10 days message usually means a denial, and 30 days message means they actually need to further review your application and an approval is likely/possible.)

How did you check if you were pre-approved in branch? Do you give your info to the banker and specifically ask him/her to look for your pre-approved offers?
Thanks for information about status message. I think i will wait out few hours and check the status on auto. line again.

To answer your question: I ask the banker if i have any pre-approval for any credit cards? I have checking account with them and few credit cards too. So i just gave her my information and she was able to see pre-approval in the system for CSR for me.

I am very interested in seeing the people who have years in this game and less than 5 cards opened in any 24 month period.

Thinking of applying for wife as she is at a true 3/24. But, she had 3 cards that she was an AU on for me (2 of which were Chase cards). I had her removed a few months ago form each of the cards, but had an issue is the Experian dispute. So, at the moment Experian would show her as 6/24 with 3 open disputes on the 3 AU cards. Is Chase smart enough to realize that 2 of those cards are Chase cards for which she is no longer liable for? If so that would put her at 4/24... I really want to avoid having to have her call recon, and ideally I'd like to put in a CSP app right after.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ross11988
Approved. Really surprised with all the 5/24 talk. In the past 24 months I have had the following CC's
CSP
Chase IHG
Chase United
Chase Ink Business
AMEX Delta
AMEX Delta Business
AMEX Gold
and I applied and got approved for the BoA card, but never activated.
Are you a CPC? Did you apply online or in-branch?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.