Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Napagoer
Applied yesterday, got instant approval. Just received a notification from UPS that I will be getting a delivery tomorrow from Chase Card Services. Exciting!!!

Same. I also never asked for expedited shipping so maybe overnighting is SOP
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Napagoer
Applied yesterday, got instant approval. Just received a notification from UPS that I will be getting a delivery tomorrow from Chase Card Services. Exciting!!!
Me too. I requested expedited delivery but was told it couldn't happen. Nice to see it's being overnighted anyways.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
If I already have CSP and I get the new CSR card, does that mean my existing UR points will increase in value if I buy travel on the UR portal?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Newyorker1905
Does TSA or Global Entry reimbursement has to match card holder name? Can I use it for my wife and kids if I already have it for myself and still get reimbursed?
From what I understand, no it does not have to match the card holder name.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:53 pm

Thanks for the UPS My Choice tip.

I was approved online Monday morning and had a UPS message waiting saying that the card would be delivered tomorrow (Wednesday) -- 48 hour turnaround without having to request the expedited delivery.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, MileagePlus Silver, Executive National
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
If I already have CSP and I get the new CSR card, does that mean my existing UR points will increase in value if I buy travel on the UR portal?
You can immediately transfer all the UR points to the CSR and they gain value from 1.25 to 1.5
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:58 pm

8/24 so based on what I read here and on Reddit, decided best chance was to apply in branch. I went to branch and found I was preapproved.
Applied and approved instantly.
Fico 808
Checking with Chase 5 years, savings 1 year.
6 current personal Chase cards
Income 80k
Not CPC

And let me just add..Woo Hoo! I am excited. I had been sure I was out of luck due to 5/24. very happy.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:02 pm

here is my dilemma, went to chase branch and found out not pre-appoved. Banker only asked for drivers license not SSN, so not sure how they looked up. Anyway, I am at 5/24 with last card being CSP 3 weeks ago but not showing on creditkarma. My oldest drops off end of Sept. Should I take the hit and try applying hoping they don't see the last card on their screen or just wait? I have some spending coming up that would help with the min spend without any MS.

Consensus?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
Does the new Chase Sapphire "Reserve" card allow one to bring in 2 guests to the lounge at no extra cost like the Citi Prestige card?
Unclear. The wording is vague it's possible that guests could be allowed in.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by roundtree
Yes, go to www.ups.com and register for UPS My Choice. You'll see the notifications for shipments to your address.
I'm trying to trust register with UPS but keeps saying my address is a business address lol. I'll just wait it out. Hopefully I'll get tomorrow.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:10 pm

My wife plans to apply for this card and add me as an authorized user (at the time of applying). I am over the 5/24, will she be denied because of this? Thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:17 pm

Some years ago I opted out @ https://www.optoutprescreen.com/opt_form.cgi

Opting in, I should start receiving credit card offers, correct? do you have to do anything else?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum + Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kcardinal
Anyone know if Military members will have to pay the annual fee with this card? Mine is waived with my CSP...
i would also like to know this, on behalf of a friend that i am trying to bring over the dark side... i think he's gonna come over regardless, but getting the fee waived as activity military would make him absolutely get it.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Just got my ups notification!

Applied and approved yesterday morning; requests for expediting all denied. Should be here tomorrow!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by xenophile
Just applied successfully in branch. 10-12/24. No CPC, no other checking/savings accounts with Chase ever except for closed CCs plus currently CSP, Ink, and IHG. FICO 790. Instant approval, 28K limit.

I was in and out of the bank in under 6 minutes. Kind of shocked me how quickly this guy ran it through for approval. I walked out a bit surprised, but pleased. Then it dawned on my that I hadn't confirmed anything about the signup bonus. Called Chase to confirm approval and they said yes approved, but wait for welcome pack to see bonus they couldn't tell me. Should I be worried?
I was given documentation of the terms by the banker after she signed me up. That included the bonus info, which I had forgotten to confirm being so excited I was preapproved. Did the banker not give you any documentation at all? She had me physically sign acceptance of the terms, interest rate etc., which she copied, and with that paper were the bonus details as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.