FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1786470-combining-ur-points-multiple-card-accounts-consolidated.html)

ual902 Aug 8, 2016 11:18 am

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

I just transferred points from my mom to my dad UR points and got this message warning see below, does this mean any member in the household can combine UR points even a brother to a sister or son to a daughter? I thought it was only spouse to spouse transfers allowed? were the rules changed?!!!.

"Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards
You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, or one member of your household. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points."

mia Aug 8, 2016 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by ual902 (Post 27033306)
...does this mean...

There are two different types of transfers. The rules are similar, but not identical.

1) Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

2) Transfer points to frequent travel programs

You can transfer points in 1,000 point increments, but only to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you or one additional household member who is listed on your account as an authorized user. Once you transfer points to an authorized user, that person will be the only authorized user eligible to receive point transfers through this program.
This thread primarily discusses the second type (transfers to airlines or hotel partners), but your post reports on the first type (transfers to another UR account).

serpens Aug 8, 2016 12:51 pm

I would be concerned about the phrasing "one member of your household" rather than something more general, like "another member of your household." It sounds like you get to choose a specific person from your household and that person is the only person who can get the points. Of course, if you only have one other person in your household, then this would not really be a restriction.

With that limitation (one specific person), it does sound like you could transfer to a non-spouse member of the household. If so, it is a little more flexible than a spouse-only limitation.

Of course, it doesn't matter what I think or how I read it. What matters is how Chase interprets its own rules. Way too often, I get some business saying, "What it means is..." when it clearly says something else.

holocker Aug 9, 2016 10:54 pm

Combine UR points from multiple card accounts [Consoilidated]

I have a lot of Ultimate Reward Points in my Chase Ink Plus Account and do not want to pay the annual fee. I was thinking of opening a Chase Sapphire Preferred Account with the current no first-year fee.

Can I then transfer my UR points from my Ink Plus Card to the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card?

Travelchurner Aug 9, 2016 10:59 pm

Yes, instantly

Need Aug 11, 2016 9:25 am

Originally Posted by crazytravelguy (Post 27041919)
Yes, instantly

I think they have to be the same type of accounts. Like both personal cards or both business cards. Not sure if you could transfer between personal and business cards account.

mia Aug 11, 2016 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Need (Post 27049205)
Not sure if you could transfer between personal and business cards account.

You can. Every month I consolidate points from all of my personal and business cards to ms mia's personal account.

Need Aug 11, 2016 9:46 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 27049314)
You can. Every month I consolidate points from all of my personal and business cards to ms mia's personal account.

Instantly online or you have to call? I didn't know you could transfer UR points between spouse also! I know I could transfer them to spouse's airline program.

mia Aug 11, 2016 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Need (Post 27049335)
Instantly online...

Yes.

Here are the rules for Combining and Transferring points:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

Transfer points to frequent travel programs

You can transfer points in 1,000 point increments, but only to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you or one additional household member who is listed on your account as an authorized user. Once you transfer points to an authorized user, that person will be the only authorized user eligible to receive point transfers through this program.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to transfer points to these frequent travel program accounts.

A point transfer fee may be charged for points transferred to participating frequent travel programs. We'll let you know if there's a point transfer fee and the fee amount before you transfer points.

Most point transfer requests process by the next business day, but it may take up to 7 business days depending on the frequent travel program. All point transfer details provided must match the information on file with the frequent travel program to which the points are being transferred. Any differences between the details provided and those already on file may cause delays or prevent points from transferring. We'll let you know if your request can't be completed.

Any transferred points become subject to the terms and conditions of the frequent travel program. Chase is not responsible for the rules governing or the use of the participating frequent travel program.

Once points are transferred, they can't be refunded and the transaction can't be canceled.

You agree and understand that when you transfer points that you are authorizing Chase to send your point transfer details to the frequent travel program and our points administrators.

Participating frequent travel programs are subject to change without notice.

mhdena Aug 11, 2016 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by holocker (Post 27041909)
Can I then transfer my UR points from my Ink Plus Card to the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card?

Yes and you should downgrade to an Ink Cash instead of outright canceling.

Happy Aug 11, 2016 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena (Post 27050459)
Yes and you should downgrade to an Ink Cash instead of outright canceling.

Or he might be able to open an Ink Cash later with the 25 to 30K sign up bonus assuming he passes 5/24.

rgAAFT Aug 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by holocker (Post 27041909)
I have a lot of Ultimate Reward Points in my Chase Ink Plus Account and do not want to pay the annual fee. I was thinking of opening a Chase Sapphire Preferred Account with the current no first-year fee.

I would personally drop CSP in favor of ink bold.... if not for the bonus

holocker Aug 13, 2016 7:42 pm

Just got approved for the Chase Sapphire card- How long do I have after I cancel to card to move the points. My bill with the annual fee is due Aug 17. The annual fee posted on 7/1.

beltway Aug 16, 2016 6:54 am

Originally Posted by holocker (Post 27060680)
Just got approved for the Chase Sapphire card- How long do I have after I cancel to card to move the points. My bill with the annual fee is due Aug 17. The annual fee posted on 7/1.

You need to dispose of the points before you cancel the card.

VeryHumerus Aug 20, 2016 10:37 am

Chase UR transfer without CSP to household member?

My gf was thinking about downgrading her CSP to freedom to take advantage of the bonus categories at sams/costco and not pay an annual fee.

Since we live together and i have the CSP & ink plus, I wanted to see if she could transfer points to me without her CSP? I know you cant transfer it to airlines/hotel partners, but I dont know how it works to transfer it to someone else.