Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase allows points earned with different cards, or by members of the same household, or owners of the same business, to combine points in one Ultimate Rewards account.

These are the rules for personal cards:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

These are the rules for business cards. (All INK cards are business cards.)

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, one member of your household, or your joint business owner, as applicable. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Q: Ok, so I won't be violating any of the above rules. How do I combine or transfer my points?

A: Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Click your point balance to reveal a drop down menu. Choose Combine points. You can then choose to move your points between your own credit card UR accounts, or "Add a Household Member" to transfer points to.

If you are experiencing technical problems combining points, please see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.

Combining is not the same as transferring. The rules for transferring to an airline or hotel program are subtly different. Those rules and procedures are discussed in another thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Print Wikipost

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Sorry. I was using Transfer and Combine terminology interchangeably. Probably shouldn't do that since it doesn't mean the same thing.

Also, I was under the impression combine function is only for certain cards (fee-based) and non-fee cards cannot combine UR with another person (even in same household). It seems that info is incorrect.
I have no issues transferring from wife's CF card to my CSR card. The CF is the only Chase card she has or has ever had.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:44 am

Ink cash point transfer

I am thinking of downgrading my Chase business plus to Chase Ink Cash to avoid annual fee. Anyway, can I transfer points earned from Ink Cash to Ink Preferred and vice versa? Meaning if I get 3x points from ink preferred, transfer to ink cash then I should get 3% cash back?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Chase uses the word "Combine" to refer to moving points between card accounts. Chases uses the word "Transfer" to refer to moving points out of Ultimate Rewards to airline or hotel programs. Read the Wikipost at the top of this thread for an overview of the Combine process.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by IamHungry
I am thinking of downgrading my Chase business plus to Chase Ink Cash to avoid annual fee. Anyway, can I transfer points earned from Ink Cash to Ink Preferred and vice versa? Meaning if I get 3x points from ink preferred, transfer to ink cash then I should get 3% cash back?
There's no value in combining points from Ink Preferred onto Ink Cash. If your plan is to minimize the value of your UR points by redeeming them for cash, just do it on the Ink Preferred.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
If I am not an authorized user on my wife's Sapphire Reserve Card can I transfer the points on my Ultimate Reward Account associated with my Chase Freedom Card to her Ultimate Reward Account associated with her Chase Sapphire reserve account? If it makes a difference she is an authorized user on my Chase Freedom Card.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by holocker
If I am not an authorized user on my wife's Sapphire Reserve Card can I transfer the points on my Ultimate Reward Account associated with my Chase Freedom Card to her Ultimate Reward Account associated with her Chase Sapphire reserve account? If it makes a difference she is an authorized user on my Chase Freedom Card.
You only need to have the same address as your wife. Being an authorized user is not a factor when combining points between UR accounts.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:27 pm

Transfer Chase points from parent to son?

Hey, any thoughts on transferring points from a parent to their son? Same last name, but different addresses. Son has parent's address as a secondary address on their account (as it was their prior address). Would Chase have a problem with that?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:29 am
RNE

Originally Posted by drdavidge
Hey, any thoughts on transferring points from a parent to their son? Same last name, but different addresses. Son has parent's address as a secondary address on their account (as it was their prior address). Would Chase have a problem with that?
Chase supposedly restricts combining points solely between spouses and domestic partners.

https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_n...ateRewards_FAQ
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:46 am

I'm honestly still confused. If you have personal and business cards can you move points between the two sides? And if so and you have spouse Y and joint business owner Z (different from Y), can you move points to both Y and Z or only one of Y and Z?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by erlich
I'm honestly still confused. If you have personal and business cards can you move points between the two sides? And if so and you have spouse Y and joint business owner Z (different from Y), can you move points to both Y and Z or only one of Y and Z?
When combining points between logins, move your points in a straight line to avoid issues. This is how I do mine each month:

Spouse biz -> Spouse Personal -> My biz -> My Personal

At the end of this exercise, all UR points are on my personal CSR, which is where I want them.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
When combining points between logins, move your points in a straight line to avoid issues. This is how I do mine each month:

At the end of this exercise, all UR points are on my personal CSR, which is where I want them.
Not sure what "straight line" means. My question is really about whether you can designate a separate joint business owner account for combining in addition to a spousal one, when they are not the same person.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:08 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...designate a separate joint business owner account for combining in addition to a spousal one,....
Not directly. The software will only allow you to link a UR account to one other UR account for Combining purposes. In principle, I think it may be possible to indirectly do what you want through a multi-step transfer to your spouse, if you also have personal cards accessed from the same chase.com login, but I do not have my cards setup that way to test.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mia
Not directly. The software will only allow you to link a UR account to one other UR account for Combining purposes. In principle, I think it may be possible to indirectly do what you want through a multi-step transfer to your spouse, if you also have personal cards accessed from the same chase.com login, but I do not have my cards setup that way to test.
If I understood pallhedge, that is what he or she does. Also if I understood pallhedge, the multi-step process is what he or she meant by straight line. In other words, points from account A (Spouse biz for pallhedge) always go to account B (Spouse Personal for pallhedge), points from account B always go to account C (My biz for pallhedge), and points from account C always go to account D (My Personal for pallhedge). This satisfies the condition (or works around the restriction) that a UR account can only link to one other UR account for purposes of combining points.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge

Not sure what "straight line" means.
In this instance, it means "link accounts in the manner described & then move UR only in this manner," as opposed to trying to move points directly from Spouse Biz or Spouse Personal to My Personal.

In other words, it's a fixed chain.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:26 pm

@pallhedge @mia @serpens @beltway, thank you for your explanation! So something like this might work?
spouse personal -> my personal -> my business -> joint business owner -> joint business owner's personal

(The fact that it's static and unidirectional makes things irreversible but it achieves 90% of the goal.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.