Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase allows points earned with different cards, or by members of the same household, or owners of the same business, to combine points in one Ultimate Rewards account.

These are the rules for personal cards:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

These are the rules for business cards. (All INK cards are business cards.)

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, one member of your household, or your joint business owner, as applicable. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Q: Ok, so I won't be violating any of the above rules. How do I combine or transfer my points?

A: Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Click your point balance to reveal a drop down menu. Choose Combine points. You can then choose to move your points between your own credit card UR accounts, or "Add a Household Member" to transfer points to.

If you are experiencing technical problems combining points, please see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.

Combining is not the same as transferring. The rules for transferring to an airline or hotel program are subtly different. Those rules and procedures are discussed in another thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Print Wikipost

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2021, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I just got this card for my wife with me as an authorized user. I have a Chase Sapphire Reserve Card and was wondering if it is possible to combine points? I don't plan on renewing my card when the renewal fee comes due so rather than using up all the points want to transfer them. I do have a Chase Freedom Card I could transfer any leftover points to and try to use up as many as I can in the time being. My wife's Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is under a different login than my Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by holocker
I just got this card for my wife with me as an authorized user. I have a Chase Sapphire Reserve Card and was wondering if it is possible to combine points? I don't plan on renewing my card when the renewal fee comes due so rather than using up all the points want to transfer them. I do have a Chase Freedom Card I could transfer any leftover points to and try to use up as many as I can in the time being. My wife's Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is under a different login than my Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Yes, you can transfer your points to your wife's preferred. Chase allows transfers to immediate family members living at the same address.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:39 am

Does anyone know if we are able to change who our designated household member is, e.g., from one family member to another family member?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by KE81
Does anyone know if we are able to change who our designated household member is, e.g., from one family member to another family member?
Absolutely, you would just have to unlink/remove the receiving account. Then wait a bit and link that account to the other transferring account

It likely has to all be done by phone these days, as Chase removed such capabilities from the UR website
KE81 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 8:33 am

Chase Freedom Points with new Chase Sapphire Reserve card

I currently have the Freedom card and have accumulated about 70K points after 4-5 years. I’m planning a European trip flying on UAL. My plan is to apply for the CSR card to make my Freedom points worth 1.5X and use the points to purchase the $900 airplane ticket.

My question is about how long it takes for the Freedom points to become valued at 1.5X thru the Chase Ultimate Rewards website. Does it happen as soon as I activate the CSR card or not until I meet the $4K spend threshold? Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Transfer of points between cards is instant.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:40 pm

The Chase Freedom Unlimited Flex now brands itself as a "cash back" card. I also hear they've been discontinuing and changing rules for these no annual fee cards recently.

Can I transfer my UR points from a CSR to a Freedom Unlimited Flex to store them for a while and then transfer them back to a new CSP/CSR in the future? Or are there new downsides/blockers to this strategy with the new products/rules?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by BlueEyedBuckeye
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Flex now brands itself as a "cash back" card. I also hear they've been discontinuing and changing rules for these no annual fee cards recently.

Can I transfer my UR points from a CSR to a Freedom Unlimited Flex to store them for a while and then transfer them back to a new CSP/CSR in the future? Or are there new downsides/blockers to this strategy with the new products/rules?
You mean the Freedom Flex card, right? Freedom Unlimited & Freedom Flex are separate (but similar) products.

In any event: yes, you can always easily move ("combine") UR between any of your UR-earning personal cards. (You can also move personal->biz and vice versa, as well as combining points with qualified household members/co-owners, but those involve a little more work.)
Old Dec 12, 2022, 12:06 am

Hi there -- don't know if this need a separate thread, but thought I'd try here first. I've got a couple of Chase Business Ink cards. One in my name and a couple of others in the names of employees. I'd like to transfer the Chase ultimate points to my account. Is it possible to do this online? Couldn't see where to do so on the website.

I see there's some similar discussions from last July -- but not sure they pertain here. If someone's got a link to more info, I'd appreciate it.

What do you think?

Thanks,

S.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Salter5
.... Chase Business Ink cards. One in my name and a couple of others in the names of employees. ....
Normally, the owner would open one account and order free additional cards on the same account for employees. If this was done, all of the points are automatically credited to the owner.

If each employee opened their own account they are responsible for the debt, and the points belong to them. The rules for Combining points are explained in the Wikipost. Are the employees co-owners of the business? Do they live in your household?
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Normally, the owner would open one account and order free additional cards on the same account for employees. If this was done, all of the points are automatically credited to the owner.

If each employee opened their own account they are responsible for the debt, and the points belong to them. The rules for Combining points are explained in the Wikipost. Are the employees co-owners of the business? Do they live in your household?
thanks for the reply. Much appreciated!

business is a C-Corp and the two of us in question are both owners. I checked and the accounts aren’t linked online

We both share the same last name (we’re related) and the elder of us (my dear mother) is retiring from business and doesn’t want to “lose” the miles (which are considerable) and wants to get them over to me. Which I think a fine idea! :-) We do share some property together, where we get mail, so we might arguably say same household.

I just figure I want to do a little research first before I make a call. I can’t seem to figure out a way to make a transfer online with out accounts linked.

Maybe it’s possible to link accounts. Haven’t figured that out yet either.

Again, both cards (with distinct numbers) are in the name of a C-Corp and each has our own names as user on card. Maybe we should have linked them or set this up differently, I don’t know.

from reading the thread, I see there is a distinction between combining and transferring. That might bear looking more into.

anyone with experience getting this done, or can point me to a post or posts with info specific to my desire, your input welcome!
Old Dec 25, 2022, 6:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Salter5
....can’t seem to figure out a way to make a transfer online with out accounts linked.
To begin, your mother needs to order an Employee card on her account for you. The fact that you already have a separate card in your own name should not matter. Once the Employee card exists it should be straightforward for her to Combine her points to your employee card. Then, you should be able to Combine those points to another UR account in your own name. In principle, this should all be possible online with no assistance from Chase, but in practice their software can be unreliable.

Last edited by mia; Dec 25, 2022 at 6:54 am
Old Dec 25, 2022, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by mia
To begin, your mother needs to order an Employee card on her account for you. The fact that you already have a separate card in your own name should not matter. Once the Employee card exists it should be straightforward for her to Combine her points to your employee card. Then, you should be able to Combine those points to another UR account in your own name. In principle, this should all be possible online with no assistance from Chase, but in practice their software can be unreliable.
Perhaps I am too far into the Holiday Spirit(s), but I think this introduces an unnecessary (and impossible) intermediate step.

Once Salter5’s mom has ordered an employee card for Salter5 on the Ink card for which she is the primary cardholder, she should IMO combine her points to one of his cards on which he is the primary cardholder. From there he has full control of the UR points & can at will combine them to any of his other primary cards.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 5:23 am

Thanks to you both for suggested solutions. I will call Chase next week or two to see if i can combine without all the rigamarole. If not, will try these suggestions and report back how it works.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
How to send points from Ink to Sapphire WITHOUT linking logins/accounts?

Titular question. Want to keep my logins for biz and personal separate. Is the only way to do this to call the Ink line then add the Sapphire through card number?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.