Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase allows points earned with different cards, or by members of the same household, or owners of the same business, to combine points in one Ultimate Rewards account.

These are the rules for personal cards:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

These are the rules for business cards. (All INK cards are business cards.)

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, one member of your household, or your joint business owner, as applicable. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Q: Ok, so I won't be violating any of the above rules. How do I combine or transfer my points?

A: Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Click your point balance to reveal a drop down menu. Choose Combine points. You can then choose to move your points between your own credit card UR accounts, or "Add a Household Member" to transfer points to.

If you are experiencing technical problems combining points, please see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.

Combining is not the same as transferring. The rules for transferring to an airline or hotel program are subtly different. Those rules and procedures are discussed in another thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Print Wikipost

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: United
Just double checking!

My understanding is that if I open a Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa for my wife, I will be able to combine the points she earns on that card with the points I earn on my Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa. I will not be an authorized user on her card, and she will not be an authorized user on mine. Correct? Thanks.

Last edited by PakThomas; Mar 22, 2019 at 12:52 pm Reason: Just to clarify.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by PakThomas
My understanding is that if I open a Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa for my wife, I will be able to combine the points she earns on that card with the points I earn on my Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa. I will not be an authorized user on her card, and she will not be an authorized user on mine. Correct? Thanks.
The short answer is yes. But strictly speaking you cannot open a card for someone else.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:18 pm

Thanks for your quick response.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by PakThomas
Marriage is not a factor in being able to combine UR points. You need to live in the same household.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:22 pm

Thanks. Yes, we're married and living in the same household, and she will be opening the account.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Multiple Chase cards, single UR "account"?

I've the CSR, and about 200,000 UR points stashed away. If I get (for example) the CFU, will the UR points earned with that card go to the same pool, and worth 1.5x when uses for travel?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I've the CSR, and about 200,000 UR points stashed away. If I get (for example) the CFU, will the UR points earned with that card go to the same pool, and worth 1.5x when uses for travel?
The points will be transferred if PC downgraded to CFU, not if you get CFU from scratch, and no, I don't think you'll retain the 1.5 when redeeming.

Last edited by vanillabean; Mar 28, 2019 at 5:57 pm
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Each card has its own Ultimate Rewards account. You can manually Combine points earned by your various cards into a single account. The redemption value is determined by the card associated with the UR account -not- by the card which originally earned the points.
beltway likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Chase used the term "Combine" which may create some confusions.The term Combine make it sound like there is a central pool. A better term may be "Transfer". Basically you have a separate UR account for each UR earning card, and you can transfer among them. The value of the UR point you redeem will depend on which UR account you are redeeming from. If you transfer the CFU URs into the CSR UR account and redeem from there, you will get the higher redemption value. If you transfer the 200,000 points from your CSR UR account into the CFU UR account, you will get the lesser value.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:24 pm
mia

The terms Combine and Transfer have distinct meanings at Chase. I think it's best to use their terminology in the way they use it.
beltway and pallhedge like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The terms Combine and Transfer have distinct meanings at Chase. I think it's best to use their terminology in the way they use it.
Not having a common UR account for all cards held by a given person seems silly to me, but, OK. Thank you for the explanation.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:41 am

Not having a common UR account for all cards held by a given person seems silly to me, but, OK. Thank you for the explanation.
This point is valid, however your suggestion to use the word "transfer" to move points from one UR account to another isn't. "Transfer" has a different meaning in the Chase ecosystem. Giving it multiple meanings would only add to the confusion, not help.
beltway likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
This point is valid, however your suggestion to use the word "transfer" to move points from one UR account to another isn't. "Transfer" has a different meaning in the Chase ecosystem. Giving it multiple meanings would only add to the confusion, not help.
I didn't use any such words, I just asked if multiple Chase cards use a common UR pool, but then I learned that each card has its own UR points pool.

What's the proper word to use when contacting Chase to ask them to consolidate all of the UR points under the CSR pool so they're worth 1.5x for travel?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:49 am
mia

What's the proper word to use when contacting Chase to ask them to consolidate all of the UR points under the CSR pool so they're worth 1.5x for travel?
The word is Combine, but you will not contact Chase, this is a self-service function on the Ultimate Rewards website. I consolidate points from all our accounts once each month.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by mia
The word is Combine, but you will not contact Chase, this is a self-service function on the Ultimate Rewards website. I consolidate points from all our accounts once each month.
Perfect, thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.