Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase allows points earned with different cards, or by members of the same household, or owners of the same business, to combine points in one Ultimate Rewards account.

These are the rules for personal cards:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

These are the rules for business cards. (All INK cards are business cards.)

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, one member of your household, or your joint business owner, as applicable. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Q: Ok, so I won't be violating any of the above rules. How do I combine or transfer my points?

A: Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Click your point balance to reveal a drop down menu. Choose Combine points. You can then choose to move your points between your own credit card UR accounts, or "Add a Household Member" to transfer points to.

If you are experiencing technical problems combining points, please see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.

Combining is not the same as transferring. The rules for transferring to an airline or hotel program are subtly different. Those rules and procedures are discussed in another thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Print Wikipost

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:17 pm

My wife (same address) can transfer her Freedom points to my CSR, so I can transfer to UA/Hyatt, thats no problem, right?

She does not have any other Chase cards FWIW
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:41 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
My wife (same address) can transfer her Freedom points to my CSR, so I can transfer to UA/Hyatt, thats no problem, right?
Right. My wife does that every month as each of her cards close.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Right. My wife does that every month as each of her cards close.
Thanks! How about my mother (same address, same last name)? Does chase allow more than 1 family member to transfer points to my CSR? Mom only has Freedom as well.

Chase: "only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household."

So if my wife is transferring her Freedom points to my CSR, that means my mother CANNOT transfer her Freedom points to my CSR, is that correct?

Last edited by SuperKirby; Aug 12, 2018 at 3:03 pm Reason: ETA
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:28 pm
RNE

Thanks! How about my mother (same address, same last name)? Does chase allow more than 1 family member to transfer points to my CSR? Mom only has Freedom as well.

Chase: "only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household."

So if my wife is transferring her Freedom points to my CSR, that means my mother CANNOT transfer her Freedom points to my CSR, is that correct?
Only one person. You quoted it yourself.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... Does chase allow more than 1 family member to transfer points to my CSR?....
As written, the rule does not prohibit your spouse and your mother from both choosing you as the "one member" of their household for combining, but I do not know how the system software is written. Do you have any card other than CSR that earns UR points?
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by mia
As written, the rule does not prohibit your spouse and your mother from both choosing you as the "one member" of their household for combining, but I do not know how the system software is written. Do you have any card other than CSR that earns UR points?
I have a CSR and Freedom.

Wife: Freedom

Mom: Freedom

So maybe wife transfers to my CSR, and mom transfers to my freedom?
mia likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:56 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by mia
Your logic is erroneous. Combining is necessarily a two-party action. While OP's spouse might not be combining with more than one person, and OP's mother might not be either, OP would be combining with more than one person and in violation of Chase's rules.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:14 pm

I have a CSR and Freedom.

Wife: Freedom

Mom: Freedom

So maybe wife transfers to my CSR, and mom transfers to my freedom?
Just set up a chain. It'll be a 2-step process, but it's clean, within the rules, and Chase's technology will like it:

Mom Freedom -> Wife Freedom -> Your CSR
philemer, mia and SuperKirby like this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Just set up a chain. It'll be a 2-step process, but it's clean, within the rules, and Chase's technology will like it:

i like it.....
pallhedge likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
..... OP would be combining with more than one person and in violation of Chase's rules.
Here is the rule: You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household. The rule does not restrict receiving points, only sending.
beltway and SuperKirby like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:27 am
RNE

Wife would then be in violation of the no-more-than-one-person rule.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Wife would then be in violation of the no-more-than-one-person rule.
How so? Wife is moving points to only one household account.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:26 pm
RNE

How so? Wife is moving points to only one household account.
Wife is engaged in combining points with two people: her mother-in-law and her husband. Chase rules allow two people in one household to combine points back and forth.

RNE, bemused at the implication that (assuming the kids all grew up and still lived at home) Chase would turn a blind eye to the Brady Bunch pooling points from Bobby, to Peter to Greg to Cindy to Jan to Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! to Alice, to Carol to Mike.* "Gee willikers! People online told me it was OK," explains Mike after Chase shuts the whole family down.

*I'm purposely leaving out Oliver. Never liked him.
SuperKirby and cheapdad00 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mia
Here is the rule: You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household. The rule does not restrict receiving points, only sending.
Yes

Originally Posted by RNE
Wife is engaged in combining points with two people: her mother-in-law and her husband. Chase rules allow two people in one household to combine points back and forth.
No. Wife cannot combine with two people.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Chase rules allow two people in one household to combine points back and forth.
That's not the rule. Read MIA's response above and Phil's response below for the actual verbiage. The method I described earlier (which will now be known as the "Brady Bunch Method") works.

Mom only combines onto one household account--wife. Wife only combines onto one household account--husband. If husband wants to combine back onto wife's for some reason, then he should combine points onto mom's card, then mom should combine those points onto wife's card. Always one direction around the circle or chain.
SuperKirby likes this.

Last edited by pallhedge; Aug 13, 2018 at 5:44 pm Reason: further clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.