Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
...same as Sapphire preferred (with the UC membership)?
I think you mean Sapphire Reserve?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
One benefit I haven’t seen mentioned is the J.P. Morgan Reserve Travel line (serviced by John Paul USA). They can book the same rates found directly on airline and hotel sites without the markup seen on the UR travel booking site run by Expedia. Unlike the UR website, they charge your JPMR for the airfare and issue a statement credit redeeming UR points for the same amount at the 1.5x rate. Also, the statement credit doesn’t negate the 3x points you earn on the airfare charged.
Thanks for mentioning this. Does one connect with them via the numb,er on the back of the JPMR?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
yes Mia; thanks for the correction.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by 747FC

Thanks for mentioning this. Does one connect with them via the numb,er on the back of the JPMR?
No, log into your JPMR UR account and scroll to the bottom where it says Need Help? The toll free number is there and it’s a different number than you’d find in your UR accounts associated with other cards.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:32 pm

No, log into your JPMR UR account and scroll to the bottom where it says Need Help? The toll free number is there and it’s a different number than you’d find in your UR accounts associated with other cards.
Got it. Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by cce5858

Speaking from my perspective:

Allure: 100k UR points after 4k spend got my attention

Value: $150AF effective or (0 for me so far) for a $430 PP and $600 UC (documented if you ask for PDF) for a 3x dining and 3x travel card with primary CDW and the best travel protection benefits suite has made this instantly my top card for the past 2 years. I would say 70% of my spend goes on JPMR. But your value YMMV.

Trying to compare the perks of a $450 card to a $2500+$7500 card is simply laughable and not sure where you even find them comparable. They are different in every possible way their only similarity is that they are invitation products.

Ironically on a value perspective, the JPMR blows the Centurion out of the water. Realistically I value the Centurion at around $800-$1000. The primary benefit of that card (at least for me) is Delta Platinum and Hilton Diamond. With the Business Plat Pay with points rebate of 35% and Personal Plat 5x on airfare. The Centurion is basically obsolete in my wallet. I literally charged 4 figures the entire 2018 on that card. And with Hilton Aspire, the Diamond benefit of the Centurion is null. My Japan Amex Delta Gold for $250 a year offers me Gold medallion. And I see no tangible difference between Gold and Platinum. Both are SkyTeam ElitePlus, higher priority on upgrade list that again is not relevant for my frequent international itineraries.

If anything I find my Centurion to be offensive and contradictory to everything I do as a travel savvy millennial. It’s a card that I pay more in fees than ALL of my other cards combined. I get value from it that is niche and not outsized in any way (like a tasting menu at the HK lounge and random gifts and crap I don’t care about), and year after year I let Amex rip me off but yet I will never cancel the card because I probably will never have the chance to get it again. So yeah on a value perspective it comes pretty low.
I know this post was a while ago, but I am interested about where you said the united club benefit is "documented if you ask for PDF".
PDF of what? Who did you ask?
Do you have a link/copy you can share?
I've gotten the UC card every year since I've had the palladium->reserve, but never saw it documented.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
why would there be status comped when this card is essentially the same as Sapphire preferred (with the UC membership)?
Because there used to be status' comped?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:32 pm

One benefit I haven’t seen mentioned is the J.P. Morgan Reserve Travel line (serviced by John Paul USA). They can book the same rates found directly on airline and hotel sites without the markup seen on the UR travel booking site run by Expedia. Unlike the UR website, they charge your JPMR for the airfare and issue a statement credit redeeming UR points for the same amount at the 1.5x rate. Also, the statement credit doesn’t negate the 3x points you earn on the airfare charged.
Very interesting, indeed. That'd make the effective value of JPMR points 1.57cpp instead of 1.5. (Still a far cry from the Cent's and former BP's (RIP) 2+ cpp, but it's better than nothing).
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:38 pm

JPMR Travel

Thanks to Magic Pickles, I contacted JPMR Travel, and ended up getting a terrific deal on an air itinerary.

One calls the number listed on your JPMR UR page (see post 1789), and the agent asks for your last four digits. With that, you are identified. They ask for your travel plans, and then tell you when you should expect and email response with options. Sure enough, the email comes within the time-frame promised.

For my flight plans, they provided three options, including one that had a fully-refundable basis. (Being a bit suspicious of what this meant, I had several agents confirm that if I cancelled the trip, the entire monetary value of the ticket would be returned to my JPMR credit card account.) I also provided them with several other options to research, but the best option was one of their original three. This ticket was a few hundred dollars value more than the least expensive option, but given my circumstances, I "purchased" this, using up all my UR points and topping it off with a couple of hundred dollars.

All of the agents I spoke with where patient and courteous. They were interface agents, taking the information and needing to confirm with the "travel desk." One caveat: when I checked with the airline's website for my booking, my passport and KTN information were not entered despite giving this to the agent.

I did ask for information about a hotel booking, and for some reason, it took a lot longer for the information to be forwarded to me (but within the promised three days). Not sure why the hotel booking took so long. I have asked for clarification of this booking, but that has not yet come in.

In summary, the JPMR travel desk really helped find me a great option for our flight needs and could echo Magic Pickles' advice to consider them when it comes to travel planning.

ETA: Just as Magic Pickles mentioned, my transaction ended up earning me 3X UR points, which effectively reduced the points "needed" for this trip by 4.7%.

Last edited by 747FC; Apr 16, 2019 at 10:58 am Reason: update
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
I had to get a replacement card because my account number was compromised. The new card has a 2/19 version date above the magstripe as opposed to the old card having a 6/16 version. The renewal date was oddly 4.5 years rather than 5. The card finish is more matte/silk rather than glossy and you can see a slight indentation on the back where the security code is and due to the chip on the front. I don’t see anything indicating there is contactless functionality. It also didn’t come in that ridiculous gigantic box and instead was in a slimmer carrier without the promotional materials. The old and new cards appear to be the same thickness and weight but I don’t have a gram scale to verify.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Interesting. Do you like one better than the other, or is it simply just different.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by schalliol
Interesting. Do you like one better than the other, or is it simply just different.
I like the new one better as it seems a more elegant finish. However, the numbers are etched in much darker and I prefer the lighter etching on the old one.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Interesting. Is it now covered in plastic to allow the contactless feature? Would you mind posting pics with your number blocked out? Thinking about ordering a replacement but now they change the expiration date and security code when you replace as damaged.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:47 pm

Is it now covered in plastic to allow the contactless feature?
I don’t see anything indicating there is contactless functionality
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Thinking about ordering a replacement but now they change the expiration date and security code when you replace as damaged.
FWIW, I've never had a problem using old expiration dates and security codes when my cards are replaced (as long as the account number didn't change due to loss/theft). I have all my numbers memorized so I rarely bother re-memorizing new exp dates/security codes when cards are replaced and older ones work just fine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.