Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Nick92
Any news on contactless?
I called and asked about this a month ago. They said they are working on it and should have contactless within a year

Meanwhile, my contactless Amex is now my primary card because it's just so much easier to use contactless.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Is United Club access still an unwritten JPMR benefit?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by potus18
Is United Club access still an unwritten JPMR benefit?
Yes.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
I called and asked about this a month ago. They said they are working on it and should have contactless within a year

Meanwhile, my contactless Amex is now my primary card because it's just so much easier to use contactless.
I called to add an AU and was told that contactless is now available. It will be here on Monday, assuming she is right.
ExpatExp and Milwaukee like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:27 am

I called to add an AU and was told that contactless is now available. It will be here on Monday, assuming she is right.
Let us know if it actually arrives with contactless ability.

JPM Executive line just told me that the JPM Reserve card is not available in contactless, and they have no timeline for when it will be. I'd assume it would be the last card in their lineup to get that option as it's likely the card with the least amount of users.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by dcrombie
Let us know if it actually arrives with contactless ability.

JPM Executive line just told me that the JPM Reserve card is not available in contactless, and they have no timeline for when it will be. I'd assume it would be the last card in their lineup to get that option as it's likely the card with the least amount of users.
False alarm. Unfortunately, standard metal card arrived via UPS with another welcome kit.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:59 am

False alarm. Unfortunately, standard metal card arrived via UPS with another welcome kit.
Thanks for the update. Hopefully they will figure this out sooner rather than later.

Maybe they don't want to have to add plastic to the card, as they had to do to the Platinum Amex to get the contactless feature to work.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Don’t you have a cell phone or watch that offers contactless for your JPMR? I use my watch for most of my purchases, save for restaurants or an odd store that requires the physical card. Much easier than pulling out my wallet Also, pulling out my phone for contactless was also easier than the wallet pull.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
Don’t you have a cell phone or watch that offers contactless for your JPMR? I use my watch for most of my purchases, save for restaurants or an odd store that requires the physical card. Much easier than pulling out my wallet Also, pulling out my phone for contactless was also easier than the wallet pull.
Hmm. Good question. I never tried using my phone to pay for anything -- that might be easier!!
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
My Reserve works via Google Pay, which isn't half bad.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Zurick
Still think it is hard to beat the Cent Hertz President where they have your car at curbside waiting for you. Also the Swiss looses some perks but get VIP treatment at ZUR
Assuming you actually rent cars. I use rental cars 0-5 nights/year, so having status with Hertz/Avis/etc...is meaningless for me.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Assuming you actually rent cars. I use rental cars 0-5 nights/year, so having status with Hertz/Avis/etc...is meaningless for me.
And some of us have UA Club access via another method, and Chase refuses to substitute anything for this benefit or even give it to an AU....so, different strokes for different folks. :-P
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by joelfreak
And some of us have UA Club access via another method, and Chase refuses to substitute anything for this benefit or even give it to an AU....so, different strokes for different folks. :-P
I haven't checked in on this thread in a while and Chase isn't great about being proactive with the current benefits. Aside from the UA club which I don't need, are there only hotel or airline statuses being comped? I remember in the early Palladium days we got GHM Black.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
One benefit I haven’t seen mentioned is the J.P. Morgan Reserve Travel line (serviced by John Paul USA). They can book the same rates found directly on airline and hotel sites without the markup seen on the UR travel booking site run by Expedia. Unlike the UR website, they charge your JPMR for the airfare and issue a statement credit redeeming UR points for the same amount at the 1.5x rate. Also, the statement credit doesn’t negate the 3x points you earn on the airfare charged.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I haven't checked in on this thread in a while and Chase isn't great about being proactive with the current benefits. Aside from the UA club which I don't need, are there only hotel or airline statuses being comped? I remember in the early Palladium days we got GHM Black.
why would there be status comped when this card is essentially the same as Sapphire preferred (with the UC membership)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.