Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by 747FC
As far as my experience is common, the JPMS was not auto-converted to JPMR, but to CSP. One had to ask for the conversion to JPMR.
Maybe my post was poorly written, but yes, the JPMS was auto-converted to CSP - both cards have/had a $95 AF. The JPMPd is supposed to be auto-converted to JPMR so I was being cynical in thinking that they delayed that conversion since the JPMPd is a more profitable card (higher AF, less benefits).
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Originally Posted by MDJennings
This along with bribro's point that a JPM PB client would just get a 2% loan from the PB itself.

Also remember the JPM Select was originally available to anyone and it's existence predates CPC itself.
Palladium was available to anyone at one point as well. They did not offer an upgrade from the Select but required a new application. That wasn't for too long though.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by greglvnv
They did not offer an upgrade from the Select but required a new application. That wasn't for too long though.
Actually, I submitted no app, and it was a rep who told me that it was an option (of course, after wonderful FT members first told ne. )

Last edited by 747FC; Mar 29, 2017 at 11:29 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by greglvnv
Palladium was available to anyone at one point as well. They did not offer an upgrade from the Select but required a new application. That wasn't for too long though.
IIRC, the Pd was only available via the backdoor fax number (the loophole was later closed) and was never positioned as a card publicly available to everyone.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:09 pm

Been having a weird experience with hotel charges posting on my card and wanted to see if anyone has this going on. I've done 3 hotel stays in the past month and all seem to post as pending charges as they should until the stay is over and subtract the appropriate amount from my available credit but after the stay is over on any of my other cards the charge would eventually go on to post as the full amount for all the nights but on my JPMR the charges disappear after and the available credit increases as if they never happened and then the full charge will post randomly without going pending in between - sometimes a few days later and in one case almost 3 weeks later. If it matters 2 of the stays were at the Four Seasons Bev. Wilshire and one at the Shangri-La in SGP. Just seems very odd to me?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
How is the Telephone Customer Service?

Maybe it my imagination, but it seems that I used to get far more up-beat customer service agents when calling into the JPM executive line with questions. Not a dramatic difference in the past 4-5 months, but noticeable.

Are these JPM cs agents the same as before the change to JPMR? I'm thinking that perhaps they also handle the Chase SR too, and they are a bit less enthusiastic because of the volume of calls they need to handle...

Anyone have similar experiences or insights?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This thread may be relevant:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tive-line.html
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dlesin
Been having a weird experience with hotel charges posting on my card and wanted to see if anyone has this going on. I've done 3 hotel stays in the past month and all seem to post as pending charges as they should until the stay is over and subtract the appropriate amount from my available credit but after the stay is over on any of my other cards the charge would eventually go on to post as the full amount for all the nights but on my JPMR the charges disappear after and the available credit increases as if they never happened and then the full charge will post randomly without going pending in between - sometimes a few days later and in one case almost 3 weeks later. If it matters 2 of the stays were at the Four Seasons Bev. Wilshire and one at the Shangri-La in SGP. Just seems very odd to me?
Delesin, not sure if this is similar to yours, but with my JPMR, 2 times I went to Popeyes drive thru (lol fried chicken fyi), the charges all showed up as pending and then disappeared?! First one was for 25, and the second one was less than 20. It was during the same week, in February, and they looked to be pending for a week or so, and then just disappeared. I didn't even notice until a few days ago when I logged in to see if I could see the charges. Very strange. 2 free meals.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by cce5858
Delesin, not sure if this is similar to yours, but with my JPMR, 2 times I went to Popeyes drive thru (lol fried chicken fyi), the charges all showed up as pending and then disappeared?! First one was for 25, and the second one was less than 20. It was during the same week, in February, and they looked to be pending for a week or so, and then just disappeared. I didn't even notice until a few days ago when I logged in to see if I could see the charges. Very strange. 2 free meals.
Perhaps another unpublished benefit....First United Club Access and now two free meals at Popeye's! ;-)
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I have about 500k sitting in my small business platinum business checking and an Ink card with Chase. I've had these accounts for a few months. This is an actual business with a tax ID, not just a personal business account I opened for the credit card bonus. I do not have any personal checking/saving account with Chase but do have Chase credit cards. Is there any way to leverage that to get a personal JPMR card? I am under 5/24 if that makes any difference with the JPMR.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
I have about 500k sitting in my small business platinum business checking and an Ink card with Chase. I've had these accounts for a few months. This is an actual business with a tax ID, not just a personal business account I opened for the credit card bonus. I do not have any personal checking/saving account with Chase but do have Chase credit cards. Is there any way to leverage that to get a personal JPMR card? I am under 5/24 if that makes any difference with the JPMR.
Unlikely. You need to be a JPM PB client with $10mm.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by MDJennings
mia & dlesin: Thanks for the responses. I was definitely planning on keeping the new Patek under the same rider for jewelry I have. My interest was more of a matter of curiosity.

Anyway, I found my old Pd card (with the same number) and realized the justification on the card number was much more uniform than on my JPMR. Is this how it appears on your cards? The JPMR looks haphazardly made compared to my old Pd.

Notice how the last digit in my card (1) is aligned under the R on the JPMR card, but under the A on the Pd card.
Funny, I noticed this too. The numbering across the Pd is more widely spaced and has a thinner typeface which, to me, looks more premium than the JPMR.

That and the engraved signature panel are why I still continue to use the Pd over its replacement, since the numbers remain the same. I wonder why they decided to 'cut corners' with the updated design?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Perhaps another unpublished benefit....First United Club Access and now two free meals at Popeye's! ;-)
Will test this for dinner tonight. ^
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:02 pm

I think it's widely known and agreed that the JPMR is not reported by Chase to the credit bureaus and hence the JPMR account does not appear on our credit reports.

After applying for some other chase business and personal cards it would appear that having this card does not count towards the 5/24 rule based on some of my recent experiences.

Most people also agree that because most business credit cards from other banks (such as AMEX or CITI) don't appear on our personal credit reports that they are also not counted in the 5/24 rule. At the same time, there is some consensus that Chase business cards associated with an individual DO count towards the 5/24 rule (even though they don't appear on personal credit reports).

So one would think Chase would be able to see and count the JPMR towards 5/24 (because they can see biz cards not on credit reports) but my recent applications seem to indicate they are not counting it. Are there any other data points that Chase does NOT count the JPMR a card when counting for the 5/24 rule?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Are there any other data points that Chase does NOT count the JPMR a card when counting for the 5/24 rule?
I have a JPMR and can say, with a reasonable degree of confidence, that 5/24 simply doesn't apply to me. I don't think Chase is going to apply 5/24 to people who qualify for this card (which shouldn't surprise anyone, considering CPC also seem to get a pass).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.