FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1786233-jpm-reserve-visa-infinite-replaced-palladium-2016-2021-a.html)

Venomz Oct 10, 2016 8:12 pm

I keep hearing this card is only for JP Morgan Clients... then why the hell did I as a palladium card holder or other "select" customer get the opportunity to product change?

I even was honored a 100k sign up bonus as a courtesy.

This card was meant for anyone who was approved by appropriate means. If product changes are allowed, than clearly this is offered to CPC customers. Yes, you may not be able to go to Cpc and apply, but surely, previous palladium holders and select who do not meet the 10 mil minimum are obviously and graciously accepted by JP Morgan.

Is this an invitation card? Yes. Is it exclusive to only JP Morgan clients... NO.

I had this discussion with a JP Rep, and clearly, even if you only have 100k and a Cpc, you qualify for this card, assuming you had the select or palladium previously.

Please stop with this nonsense that CPC are not supposed to have this card, they clearly want us to have this card, as they are more than willing to product change you. AND NO, they will not be taking your product change privileges away.

This car is exclusive to invite only and product changes.

I don't have 10 mil with JP, and I surely qualify for this card.

Qualify with an emphasis, on product changing from palladium !

Might I mention I used to customer service at least 30 times. They are very well aware I don't have 10 mil with them. I've gone ahead and made that clear to them, they assure me nothing will get in the way of our banking relationship.

If they do, back to Merrill lynch and my BIG 100k+ revolvers/ investments

cce5858 Oct 10, 2016 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by jdbcc (Post 27329744)
Agreed. The letter was very polite and even encouraged people to apply for other Chase cards that would better suit their needs.

I only have one because I'm linked to my grandmother's private bank relationship, not because I myself have anywhere near the assets necessary. What I can't figure out is why a bunch of millionaires on flyertalk care if some people applied for their precious exclusive card...as if you don't have enough other things everyone else doesn't have. I can see closing the mistake accounts to not dilute the benefits, but why do you care so much about the people who applied and were rejected? How do these applications affect your lives in any way, shape or form? Are you so petty to wish them ill?

Just a perspective from someone who comes from a family with money, but doesn't have that much of his own.

Off my soapbox. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

LOL I think petty is the word here...and insecure. Joined this site and was excited to find a thread for us cardholders. Signed up for notifications and EVERY e-mail that pops up is one about some leaked application and account shut downs, or some post about who and who got what letter that is totally irrelevant. Seriously who cares. And some people even had the time to do full research and to pull up posts of other people's account closures to express their pleasure. I wasn't aware that the client base of this card has sunk to this level but whatever. It's the internet and BS will always be abound. Was particularly interested to see if any elite status benefits would be offered with JPMC partners, just like how AMEX does.

And now I don't know how to turn off the e-mail notifications.........

There is a Chinese WeChat thread for HK, Asia Pacific, and US JPM/securities 摩根銀行clients, and there are several pages (like 3-4) discussing this card. The information within has more information than the 64 pages here.....

ferrari_fan Oct 10, 2016 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Nick92 (Post 27329611)
Not really. Here and elsewhere, you have some people celebrating the idea of consumers getting punished over it. Fake accounts happen on both sides, approvals and closures. It's a great way to provide an example to a desired outcome that may not even be true. "Oh look at this link, I was right, I told you people would get punished." I won't believe any of it until there is a letter posted. I'm fine with the account closures but think terminating relationships is harsh and seems highly unusual. What about the CSR applicants using a leaked internal prior to being announced web site to apply and get approved? A few cases of people having the 100k manually applied since it wasn't officially attached to their accounts. So I'm eager to read the notices punishing someone because they applied for JPMR. I'm very interested in the wording and justification they come up with.

Originally Posted by jdbcc (Post 27329744)
Agreed. The letter was very polite and even encouraged people to apply for other Chase cards that would better suit their needs.

I only have one because I'm linked to my grandmother's private bank relationship, not because I myself have anywhere near the assets necessary. What I can't figure out is why a bunch of millionaires on flyertalk care if some people applied for their precious exclusive card...as if you don't have enough other things everyone else doesn't have. I can see closing the mistake accounts to not dilute the benefits, but why do you care so much about the people who applied and were rejected? How do these applications affect your lives in any way, shape or form? Are you so petty to wish them ill?

Just a perspective from someone who comes from a family with money, but doesn't have that much of his own.

Off my soapbox. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

My favorite posts on this thread back to back.

I have been watching a couple of bad apples get away with low life filth for years and just disregarded it but glad to see people can see what this has always been about.

We could go off on a philosophical tangent to dissect their behavior but it will never change them or make any difference whatsoever except probably get posts deleted and or thread closures.

halfleafclover Oct 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by cce5858 (Post 27330176)
There is a Chinese WeChat thread for HK, Asia Pacific, and US JPM/securities 摩根銀行clients, and there are several pages (like 3-4) discussing this card. The information within has more information than the 64 pages here.....

WeChat thread... do you mean a group? If so would be very interested in joining (kindly PM me if it's allowed).

I'm surprised this thread got so long, there honestly isn't much information to be known about this card, it's basically a CSR + United Club + Hidden Credit Line + Shininess. I was extremely critical of the old Palladium but am a huge fan of the JPMR. Whether or not non PB/CPC/whatever clients got the card is fairly irrelevant.

cce5858 Oct 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Yes its a group...its also in the 南加州房地產 group but I think people are talking about the Palladium card

greglvnv Oct 10, 2016 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by cce5858 (Post 27330294)
Yes its a group...its also in the 南加州房地產 group but I think people are talking about the Palladium card

Could you possibly tell us what you learned from the thread, for us non-Chinese speakers? I think we are mostly interested in unpublished perks and benefits. Thank you.

mbfanos Oct 10, 2016 9:38 pm

I just read the whole benefit guide for the JPMR and CSR. The benefits are basically the same. I'm especially interested in the Trip Delay Protection. It seems like the JPMR and CSR only reimburse the cardholder (me), my spouse and dependent childeren under 22.

Chase defines cardholder as: "an individual to whom a Credit Card has been issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and/or its affiliates"

So, are my authorized users considered cardholders?

MDJennings Oct 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by cce5858 (Post 27330162)
And some people even had the time to do full research and to pull up posts of other people's account closures to express their pleasure.

Since you're new to the thread, you missed the deleted posts where the owner (or an affiliate) of that blog came here to advertise it.

Originally Posted by Venomz
Please stop with this nonsense that CPC are not supposed to have this card, they clearly want us to have this card, as they are more than willing to product change you. AND NO, they will not be taking your product change privileges away.
If they do, back to Merrill lynch and my BIG 100k+ revolvers/ investments

I think we covered that pages ago that legitimate CPC-acquired cards were safe. I don't think anyone has claimed otherwise since. Back to ML? I've been moving assets away from them for a few months now. I'd love to discuss our differing experiences with them in PM sometime. :)

Venomz Oct 10, 2016 11:41 pm

I keep reading the 10 mil BS... so I want to be clear, I don't have 10 mil with JP and I am still worthy 😂

Originally Posted by MDJennings (Post 27330449)
I think we covered that pages ago that legitimate CPC-acquired cards were safe. I don't think anyone has claimed otherwise since. Back to ML? I've been moving assets away from them for a few months now. I'd love to discuss our differing experiences with them in PM sometime. :)

MDJennings Oct 11, 2016 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Venomz (Post 27330692)
I keep reading the 10 mil BS... so I want to be clear, I don't have 10 mil with JP and I am still worthy ��

IIRC you got yours legitimately through a Pd PC to JPMR, so no harm no foul there.

Outside of that (Pd/JPMS PC to JPMR), the only surefire way to get it now is through the PB which requires that $10M AUM. Of course exceptions will apply if, for example, PB thinks throwing a verified UHNWI a bone might further entice them to switch. ;)

EDIT:
This whole crowd of people who were trying to get on the JPMR when they knew they weren't supposed to qualify for it is akin to the people who found a way to open USAA accounts without the pre-requisites. They got their accounts shut down.

darkhound Oct 11, 2016 7:32 am

Originally Posted by mbfanos (Post 27330409)
I just read the whole benefit guide for the JPMR and CSR. The benefits are basically the same.

I'm quite disappointed that some of the protection benefits are the same.

I just purchased a $4000 amplifier for my speakers and was thinking of returning it. Unsure of whether the store would accept it, I looked at my JPMR return policy. Not only are we limited to $500 per purchase, but we also "must" return the item to the Benefits Administrator. In other words, I have to give up the $4000 amplifier to get $500 back. Makes no sense.
They also have a $1000 per year limit. You'd think with a card catered to 10M+ clients and spenders on which JPM Chase makes a lot of money, they'd bump this up a little bit. Even Citi Prestige (available to anyone) has a $2500 limit.

Also, extended warranty protection is 1 year, which is very mediocre. Again, the Prestige extends warranties for 2 years, which is why all my major product purchases will remain with them.

I guess JPM Chase meant to limit this to be merely a good travel card. That's ok I suppose... but I wish it were even better, especially this card is geared toward the high spenders (hopefully for JPM Chase since they are high networth).

mia Oct 11, 2016 7:39 am

Originally Posted by cce5858 (Post 27330162)
And now I don't know how to turn off the e-mail notifications.........

While this thread is open click > Thread tools > Unsubscribe from this thread.

schalliol Oct 11, 2016 8:07 am

Originally Posted by darkhound (Post 27331643)
I'm quite disappointed that some of the protection benefits are the same.

I just purchased a $4000 amplifier for my speakers and was thinking of returning it. Unsure of whether the store would accept it, I looked at my JPMR return policy. Not only are we limited to $500 per purchase, but we also "must" return the item to the Benefits Administrator. In other words, I have to give up the $4000 amplifier to get $500 back. Makes no sense.
They also have a $1000 per year limit. You'd think with a card catered to 10M+ clients and spenders on which JPM Chase makes a lot of money, they'd bump this up a little bit. Even Citi Prestige (available to anyone) has a $2500 limit.

Also, extended warranty protection is 1 year, which is very mediocre. Again, the Prestige extends warranties for 2 years, which is why all my major product purchases will remain with them.

I guess JPM Chase meant to limit this to be merely a good travel card. That's ok I suppose... but I wish it were even better, especially this card is geared toward the high spenders (hopefully for JPM Chase since they are high networth).

I agree this should be improved on the JPMR. This is one where the CSR doesn't need the features perhaps as much as the JPMR.

darkhound Oct 11, 2016 9:42 am

Originally Posted by MDJennings (Post 27330735)
This whole crowd of people who were trying to get on the JPMR when they knew they weren't supposed to qualify for it is akin to the people who found a way to open USAA accounts without the pre-requisites.

Wrong. JPM private bankers may have privately told their clients that this was exclusive, but you're talking about the public.

The public never had such knowledge because JPM Chase never stated its prerequisites publicly, explicitly or implicitly. All public indications were that this was just like the JPM Ritz Carlton or the JPM Palladium, neither of which had a JPM private bank relationship requirement.

The fact that it was leaked is irrelevant. CSR was also leaked early, but that doesn't suggest in any way that the people who applied early were not qualified. In fact, they were qualified and remain qualified.

mia Oct 11, 2016 9:51 am

Moderator caution

The discussion is repeating points which have already been made by the same posters. It's not that others do not understand, but rather that they disagree. The function of a Flyertalk thread is to exchange information and ideas, but NOT to extract a concession from a member who disagrees. Having the last word is not important. Let it go.

This is not merely my personal preference. It's in our rules:

Posts that are inflammatory, inciting or unnecessarily provocative are not allowed.

Disrupting a forum by repetitively posting comments of the same general theme or 'piling-on' by posting merely to reinforce or bump a prior post of a disruptive nature are both examples of disruptive posting and not permitted.