Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
If I understand correctly, JPM Palladium becomes JPM Reserve which is identical in every substantive respect to Chase Sapphire Reserve. The remaining question is whether there will also be a new JPM card with a higher annual fee and substantially different benefits?

The annual fees are the same as the CSR: $450 annually, $75 per authorized user. It has the $300 statement credit for travel charges, which include airfare charges.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:08 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by AAdmiral
From what I am understanding so far ...
Thank you. I have split the thread at a point where a new reader can review recent speculative predictions without being overwhelmed. If there are specific posts that anyone thinks should be moved forward into this thread (or back into the Palladium thread), please use the PM or Alert function to let us know.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you. I have split the thread at a point where a new reader can review recent speculative predictions without being overwhelmed. If there are specific posts that anyone thinks should be moved forward into this thread (or moved back into the Palladium thread), please use the PM or Alert function to let us know.
If we have information pertaining to the old Palladium card only and not necessarily to the new JPM Reserve do we still post that information here? I saw that you closed the old thread once you created this one.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
If we have information pertaining to the old Palladium card only and not necessarily to the new JPM Reserve do we still post that information here? I saw that you closed the old thread once you created this one.
I would think its a BIT early to close the Pd forum, as the card is still active. The rest of this is all rumour.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you. I have split the thread at a point where a new reader can review recent speculative predictions without being overwhelmed. If there are specific posts that anyone thinks should be moved forward into this thread (or back into the Palladium thread), please use the PM or Alert function to let us know.
Mia,

That's too bad since the Palladium thread had the highest views of any existing thread (granted other ones had been split up as well).
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by NewYorker545
One open question is, will I be able to cancel the Palladium and apply for the JPMR to get the 100k signup points?
It would be really cool if they saved people the trouble of that rigmarole and just credited 100K UR points when they convert everyone's Palladiums to JPMR.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by joelfreak
I would think its a BIT early to close the Pd forum, as the card is still active. The rest of this is all rumour.
+1 ^
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by MDJennings
It would be really cool if they saved people the trouble of that rigmarole and just credited 100K UR points when they convert everyone's Palladiums to JPMR.
We can only wish...

Sounds like the JPMR is essentially a CSR with extras: lounge guests, united lounge, and hidden trade line. I've been a cynic for a while but wow this card is really shaping up to be something special.

I also agree that it's unlikely they'll split the Palladium conversion into separate camps. Administrative effort aside CPCs do generate good revenue and although their AUM is lower - it's also less sticky. The JPMR might not be available to apply via CPC going forward, but it's unwise to alienate the many CPCs who likely became CPC solely for the Palladium. As for loophole customers - that one is really up in the air.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:31 pm

+1^
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:48 pm

In our dreams
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:54 pm

I decided to convert to JPMR prematurely. The benefits work better for me.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
I decided to convert to JPMR prematurely. The benefits work better for me.
Out of curiosity, are you a JPM Chase PB or CPC client? Did you call the number on the back of the Palladium Card for the conversion? How long did they say it would take to convert and receive the new card?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
It looks like the JPMR carries the same annual fee as the CSR and has a few extra benefits. I am a CPC and would definitely prefer to have a JPMR over a CSR. I won't apply for both a CSR and a JPMR since I don't want 2 cards adding to my 5/24 count nor do I care to receive 2 signup bonuses. It would be nice to know if a CPC can convert his CSR into a JPMR as this information would help me decide whether to apply for a CSR right now and convert or wait for the JPMR application to become available. Anybody have insight into this dilemma?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by EricUSC
nor do I care to receive 2 signup bonuses.
I'm not sure we know that JPMR will offer a signup bonus.

Originally Posted by EricUSC
It would be nice to know if a CPC can convert his CSR into a JPMR as this information would help me decide whether to apply for a CSR right now and convert or wait for the JPMR application to become available. Anybody have insight into this dilemma?
Let me suggest that you call your CPC banker and let us know what he/she says. A number of us (including me) have asked our contacts to develop this info. My CPC banker will report back later this week.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by darkhound
I'm not sure we know that JPMR will offer a signup bonus.

Let me suggest that you call your CPC banker and let us know what he/she says. A number of us (including me) have asked our contacts to develop this info. My CPC banker will report back later this week.
Both have 100k sign up requiring 4k spend plus 5k points per AU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.