Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:44 pm

Here's a direct link to the comments from two posters: http://therewardboss.com/approved-jp...comment-401954
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Few companies actually fire their customers, but Chase has figured out who they don't want!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:10 pm

I wonder if that blogger will make a post when his gets shut down.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:25 pm

Well, the reserve has officially become that much more valuable to me. Decided to put my metal card back into the wallet, and time to SPEND SPEND SPEND
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:35 pm

I don't personally have the ego that the card become any more valuable to me. If anything, my concern is the less holders, the less likely more perks would ever come, but maybe since this card is married to CSR there's some hope. Either way, I am happy with the product. JPM Reserve and CSR beats Palladium and IMO Chase's best offerings to date for my needs. I would like to see the letters if the anonymous posts are true (with personal info redacted). That site seems a little sketchy from get go. And hopefully JPM will be working on something for the benefit of clients too!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by flyinzach
I don't personally have the ego that the card become any more valuable to me. If anything, my concern is the less holders, the less likely more perks would ever come,
What's your reasoning for thinking that? In my opinion, the exact opposite is true. JPM Chase could easily work a deal with any of their partners for top tier status since it would only be maybe 1000 cardholders with guaranteed assets of $10M.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by MDJennings
What's your reasoning for thinking that? In my opinion, the exact opposite is true. JPM Chase could easily work a deal with any of their partners for top tier status since it would only be maybe 1000 cardholders with guaranteed assets of $10M.
In general partners aren't going to waste too much time or effort unless reaching a larger market of people. By the time you're high asset, worth to probably target individuals in branch who are big spenders, not just savers or a pool of a few thousand. Speculative. But time will tell.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by flyinzach
I don't personally have the ego that the card become any more valuable to me. If anything, my concern is the less holders, the less likely more perks would ever come, but maybe since this card is married to CSR there's some hope. Either way, I am happy with the product. JPM Reserve and CSR beats Palladium and IMO Chase's best offerings to date for my needs. I would like to see the letters if the anonymous posts are true (with personal info redacted). That site seems a little sketchy from get go. And hopefully JPM will be working on something for the benefit of clients too!
Seems unlikely to me someone would lie about getting shut down on an obscure website.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Clayfu
Seems unlikely to me someone would lie about getting shut down on an obscure website.
People make fake accounts to advance their agendas all the time. Some people have been accused of using secondary accounts to talk up getting easily approved and so who's to say that the opposite doesn't happen?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:05 pm
x00
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
interested to see weight of Palladium compared to Reserve.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Nick92
People make fake accounts to advance their agendas all the time. Some people have been accused of using secondary accounts to talk up getting easily approved and so who's to say that the opposite doesn't happen?
I certainly believe that. But the opposite seems pointless?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Clayfu
I certainly believe that. But the opposite seems pointless?
Not really. Here and elsewhere, you have some people celebrating the idea of consumers getting punished over it. Fake accounts happen on both sides, approvals and closures. It's a great way to provide an example to a desired outcome that may not even be true. "Oh look at this link, I was right, I told you people would get punished." I won't believe any of it until there is a letter posted. I'm fine with the account closures but think terminating relationships is harsh and seems highly unusual. What about the CSR applicants using a leaked internal prior to being announced web site to apply and get approved? A few cases of people having the 100k manually applied since it wasn't officially attached to their accounts. So I'm eager to read the notices punishing someone because they applied for JPMR. I'm very interested in the wording and justification they come up with.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:31 pm

Not really. Here and elsewhere, you have some people celebrating the idea of consumers getting punished over it. Fake accounts happen on both sides, approvals and closures. It's a great way to provide an example to a desired outcome that may not even be true. "Oh look at this link, I was right, I told you people would get punished." I won't believe any of it until there is a letter posted. I'm fine with the account closures but think terminating relationships is harsh and seems highly unusual. What about the CSR applicants using a leaked internal prior to being announced web site to apply and get approved? A few cases of people having the 100k manually applied since it wasn't officially attached to their accounts. So I'm eager to read the notices punishing someone because they applied for JPMR. I'm very interested in the wording and justification they come up with.
Agreed. The letter was very polite and even encouraged people to apply for other Chase cards that would better suit their needs.

I only have one because I'm linked to my grandmother's private bank relationship, not because I myself have anywhere near the assets necessary. What I can't figure out is why a bunch of millionaires on flyertalk care if some people applied for their precious exclusive card...as if you don't have enough other things everyone else doesn't have. I can see closing the mistake accounts to not dilute the benefits, but why do you care so much about the people who applied and were rejected? How do these applications affect your lives in any way, shape or form? Are you so petty to wish them ill?

Just a perspective from someone who comes from a family with money, but doesn't have that much of his own.

Off my soapbox. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 7:16 pm

What about the CSR applicants using a leaked internal prior to being announced web site to apply and get approved? A few cases of people having the 100k manually applied since it wasn't officially attached to their accounts. So I'm eager to read the notices punishing someone because they applied for JPMR. I'm very interested in the wording and justification they come up with.
I think their justification will be that the JPMR was never advertised as something the masses could apply for and there wasn't even an online application. What people (foolishly) did was put their personal information on a random document that they found on an obscure blog and then faxed it in to some unverified/unlisted number. Who's to say next time one of the crafty criminals doesn't leak a fake app that causes people to fax their info to someone for the purposes of ID theft? I wouldn't be surprise if JPM is upset at people attempting to game the system and wasting their time manually processing invalid apps.

Originally Posted by jdbcc
What I can't figure out is why a bunch of millionaires on flyertalk care if some people applied for their precious exclusive card...as if you don't have enough other things everyone else doesn't have. I can see closing the mistake accounts to not dilute the benefits, but why do you care so much about the people who applied and were rejected? How do these applications affect your lives in any way, shape or form? Are you so petty to wish them ill?
I don't think anyone cares about the people who applied and weren't accepted. I'm guessing any ill will is based on the fact that now people that should be servicing our accounts have to deal with the distraction people trying to get an extra 100K points caused. Most of us probably don't care about the cachet of the metal card and instead carry around our alternate plastic versions anyway.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by MDJennings
I think their justification will be that the JPMR was never advertised as something the masses could apply for and there wasn't even an online application. What people (foolishly) did was put their personal information on a random document that they found on an obscure blog and then faxed it in to some unverified/unlisted number. Who's to say next time one of the crafty criminals doesn't leak a fake app that causes people to fax their info to someone for the purposes of ID theft? I wouldn't be surprise if JPM is upset at people attempting to game the system and wasting their time manually processing invalid apps.
That certainly explains and justifies an account closure but doesn't explain anything else. Outside of your scenarios, a risk the individual decided to take, that doesn't mean much to JPM. The number could be verified easily online and The Reward Boss isn't some obscure random blog. It's on an established network of travel blogs called BoardingArea.com - they have been around for 25 years, so I think more credit needs to be given here.

I disagree about gaming. I think perhaps if the app specified, this product is for JPM Private Bank Clients and asked you to agree you are one, then some fraud took place. I think closing is reasonable but beyond that, I'll have to see the letter and explanation. Look forward to it xD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.