Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by sfeater
The card is meant for clients of the JPM PB. The application and fax number leaked and I'm sure they were inundated with tons of unwarranted applications, leading them to discontinue accepting applications through fax. The proper method is still to send your application to your private banker, who will submit it on your behalf, along with information about you.

The short-lived faxing yourself loophole, if it ever even worked, is likely long over. It looks like a few clients of CPC were able to be approved by having their banker fax in an application for them, but I don't think anyone who didn't do it immediately after the card was released has been able to.
sfeater, thanks for the help!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by MDJennings
So out of the blue the rep was just like, "oh yeah, what we told you before is inaccurate?" Good to hear about having your banker send in that app separately. I might consider doing that, but I've had the Pd, CSR, and Marriott Biz all approved in the past few weeks.
Well if he admitted that and simply said it was an honest mistake on his part, I actually wouldn't have been too upset.

But his varying explanations were more like (1) a repeated robotic statement "it isn't our policy to do that" (me: I know, but we had the conversation and you got approval from your supervisor and promised me an exception); (2) I don't recall; (3) sorry for any misunderstanding you might have had (me: I didn't have any misunderstanding at all. You were extremely clear that I'd get the 100k bonus).

Lesson learned: They say they record the calls for quality assurance. But when I asked them to dig it up, they couldn't/wouldn't. So record it yourself with your iPhone. On the other hand, just realize you win some and lose some with customer reps...
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by maza918
I am a CPC client and asked my banker for more info and he said this card is available by invite only. I said screw it, what do I have to lose, I'll complete the leaked form and fax it in. I just tried to fax in my completed application to the # listed on the application (1-877-576-2828) and it failed with the error message that the # isn't working. Any suggestions on what to do?
That's what my CPC banker said too, initially. Then I gave him the application and told him to submit it. He did, but I'm not sure if he used the fax number or used some other method such as email.

I would fill out the PDF, tell him that hey, it turns out that other CPC clients have been able to get the card through their banker even tho this fax no. doesn't work, so please figure out a way to submit this. Tell him what to do instead of asking for permission. It's all you can hope for at this point.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:32 am

Just received Plastic Reserve cards for my and my AU! They are the select plastics with the infinite logo, and the metal number engraving looks better than my palladium. Maybe I just really like the reserve
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:43 pm

How to get a JP Morgan Reserve card or old Palladium? (fax no longer working...)

I am a CPC customer with Chase not PB client. How can I get either a JP Morgan Reserve card or Palladium (then waiting for card conversion) now?

Apparently the fax is no longer working, we need some different approach (maybe a different fax number for internal use only?). My personal CPC banker is not quite familiar with how to deal with such business. Need advice.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by gcja
I am a CPC customer with Chase not PB client. How can I get either a JP Morgan Reserve card or Palladium (then waiting for card conversion) now?

Apparently the fax is no longer working, we need some different approach (maybe a different fax number for internal use only?). My personal CPC banker is not quite familiar with how to deal with such business. Need advice.
What happens if you simply ask CPC?
https://www.chase.com/online/private...ge-banking.htm

This says:
"Chase Private Clients can choose from any Chase or J.P. Morgan credit card"
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by gcja

The JP Morgan Reserve card is a product that is for JP Morgan Private Bank clients. Chase Private Client customers are now being offered Chase Sapphire Reserve card. I guess the easiest way to get it would be to open an account with the Private Bank. A CPC banker works for the Chase retail division and not the JP Morgan Private Bank which is run separately.

I understand some people might have faxed in an application directly or had a CPC banker submit it but it doesn't change the fact that this product is intended for JPM PB clients. I'm pretty sure that JPM PB will go back and review the cards that they issued and it's quite possible that they may determine that cards issued to people that were not qualified could either be changed to CSR or canceled. I don't understand how some people are upset not being able to get the card when they were not eligible in the first place.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
For those that understand the above post but want to try to get in anyway, I believe this thread covers all possibilities you can try to get the account - some may work and some may not.

We are now beating a dead horse with a high percent of the 472 posts in the thread, and perhaps the thread could transition away from the current focus of card acquisition by non-JPMPB clients.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K®
I'm newly registered but a frequent lurker. I wanted to add my $0.02 on the topic. I had a conversation with my PB Team yesterday and gained some insight. They know all about the fax drama but no info on what will be done to those applications. The "small amount of accounts that were improperly approved," he didn't anticipate much would happen. He made it clear he doesn't know if they will close but seems unlikely based on Palladium. We also talked about a point raised here regarding annual gifts and more elevated benefits, he called it a nonissue. JPM can easily target specific accounts for offers such as annual gifts that don't have to be offered to everyone but instead would be based on annual spend or scope of banking relationship. His last point was that he doesn't think a single JPM relationship is at risk over this and he knows of accounts with $25MM+ AUM that are delighted to use their Chase Freedom cards that tens of millions of people carry. Some even request the normal Chase Visa Debit card to be issued in place of the flashy JP Morgan Visa Debit card.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Providing another data point that may be helpful:

I am an existing CPC customer with Palladium card - went to my branch today to apply for a new CSR card as I want the 100k UR points. After taking the info my banker (who is excellent) received the "pending" screen (not surprising as I already have 4 Chase cards and did not have a "pre-approved" offer for this product). He called the lending group, and I was then provided with 2 options: (1) Submit for additional credit (approval within 5 days was "likely" but not guaranteed) or (2) Re-allocate from existing Chase cards. Naturally I chose option 2 as I really don't need add'l CL and wanted instant approval to lock in the 100k UR. Done and was told card was printing as we spoke

So a couple of tips here:
  • I have exactly 5 credit card apps (now 6 ) in the last 24 months, though none were for Chase cards. So 5/24 is not set in stone, at least for CPC customers.
  • If you are concerned about 5/24 or being denied for maxing out your CL, by all means have your personal banker handle the app, as this can save you aggravation of having to call a random CSR or worse getting a denial without having the opportunity to address the credit concern.
My fear was that as a CPC Customer my Palladium will be converted to CSR rather than JPMR and I would then be declined when submitted a new app for the same product. Now that concern is gone and I can decide later which product to cancel. ^

BTW, we have far more information here than they have in the branches though he did saw the new products were quite popular, and confirmed that they had run out of the card stock.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
The JP Morgan Reserve card is a product that is for JP Morgan Private Bank clients. Chase Private Client customers are now being offered Chase Sapphire Reserve card. I guess the easiest way to get it would be to open an account with the Private Bank. A CPC banker works for the Chase retail division and not the JP Morgan Private Bank which is run separately.

I understand some people might have faxed in an application directly or had a CPC banker submit it but it doesn't change the fact that this product is intended for JPM PB clients. I'm pretty sure that JPM PB will go back and review the cards that they issued and it's quite possible that they may determine that cards issued to people that were not qualified could either be changed to CSR or canceled. I don't understand how some people are upset not being able to get the card when they were not eligible in the first place.
Major data point:

I was able to successfully product change from an existing JP Morgan Select to JP Morgan Reserve. I am non-CPC and non-PB.
The rep informed me that I had 3 conversion options: JPMR, Sapphire Preferred and regular Sapphire. He said that the last day to make a choice was November 2nd and that as of November 3rd all existing Select cards would be converted to Sapphire Preferred.
He confirmed that I would not be eligible for the 100k bonus either.

Also: the conversion took place immediately as I see my Ultimate Rewards account redesigned and with the pic of the new card.

Last edited by greglvnv; Sep 8, 2016 at 4:09 pm Reason: Added more info.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by greglvnv
The rep informed me that I had 3 conversion options: JPMR, Sapphire Preferred and regular Sapphire.
That's really odd that they would allow a PC to the CSP and CS, but not to the CSR.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:23 pm

Very curious, any of you Private Bank folks willing to disclose your net rate of return?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/are-you-...gan-1473268294
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:20 pm

Conversion

Just called to convert my PD card (CPC client) to JP Reserve card. I tried to get them to give me the sign up bonus which they would not.

Ill try and call again when I receive it.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by fanofwigs
Very curious, any of you Private Bank folks willing to disclose your net rate of return?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/are-you-...gan-1473268294
Are you able to send a link that is readable for those of us who do not subscribe?

Edit: Found it .

Last edited by 747FC; Sep 8, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.