Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by IlliniDude
Spoke to my CPC advisor. He said they have received a lot of requests from CPC clients to apply or convert to the JPM Reserve card. Said he thinks there's a decent chance the restriction is eventually lifted, but couldn't do anything at this time.
it's so weird that they are restricting a card that is almost the same as a publicly accessible card. oh well
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by fueldude
Looks like I'll get to revisit this in 5 years.
I don't know why, but this just made me laugh out loud. ^
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by Clayfu
it's so weird that they are restricting a card that is almost the same as a publicly accessible card. oh well
Because they want their best clients to get a little something extra (no miscellaneous fees, United Club, extra travel benefits, fancy-looking card, etc.). Makes total sense to me.

What's weird to me is that a bunch of CPC clients are apparently banging on the door wanting to get a J.P. Morgan card that they shouldn't have access to since they're not J.P. Morgan wealth management clients. IMO, they should have never opened up the old Palladium card to Chase retail clients in the first place (for several reasons); now they've created a loss aversion problem with their mass affluent Chase clients.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
According to the app PDF link there is a box that says do you have a chase checking and or savings account. Why would they ask this question unless they are expecting chase cpc applications for the Jpm reserve?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by bribro
...now they've created a loss aversion problem with their mass affluent Chase clients.
A problem for who?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by dlesin
Under the new guidelines you aren't eligible through CPC unless you're an existing PD card holder and even then the conversion will only last until your first card expires and then you'll be bumped down to the retail product
Seems like applying for the card is confirmed for PB only while conversions are open to anyone with the Palladium. My manager gave me no mention of plans to bump anyone - I also doubt it will happen given the 5-10 year expiration on the new cards. Chase is not in the business to lose customers, and I can absolutely see CPCs leaving if they're kicked from the card. HNW money is far more sticky, "mass affluents have the JPMR I do" isn't a real reason to move PB assets away.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:20 pm

Well it seems like they all merged everything into one product, but just with different veneers

Last edited by fanofwigs; Aug 30, 2016 at 12:36 pm
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:32 pm

Thanks AoshichanX. Why is one card a Visa Signature while the other is Visa Infinite?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Well then, hoping everything is negotiable.
Exactly.

I got the Palladium a year ago, and the CSR last week. Recently, I also got my CPC to submit my application for the JPMR. Maybe it will go through with the 100k bonus. If not, I'll tell them to convert my Palladium (which is discontinued) to the JPMR. If they refuse and offer to convert me to CSR instead, I'll insist because I already have the CSR.

Easy
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by cybaslacka
According to the app PDF link there is a box that says do you have a chase checking and or savings account. Why would they ask this question unless they are expecting chase cpc applications for the Jpm reserve?
Because that's a default question that's on most (all?) JPMC credit card PDF apps. I believe it's used to ensure the properly linkage with online profiles.

Originally Posted by Troopers
A problem for who?
For CPC clients who remember being able to apply for the J.P. Morgan Palladium and feel like something has been taken away from them.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: Walmart Select, Dollar Store VIP, and All Other Cheap CCs
Thanks AoshichanX. That is my first view of the new card. There were some rumors among the bankers that the new card may have a different metal composition in the future (ie: may not have the ~1% palladium anymore since it is no longer the "Palladium" card).

Now, I have to convert to JPMR...to get those coupons for the free McMuffin which came with the cards... LOL

Thanks again for sharing!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Thanks for sending the pics. To be clear because it's hard to tell in the photos, these cards are colored gold and not silver, correct? Do the two cards feel the same and look the same except for the engraved sig on the Pd?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by dlesin
Under the new guidelines you aren't eligible through CPC unless you're an existing PD card holder and even then the conversion will only last until your first card expires and then you'll be bumped down to the retail product
I was certainly not told this when converting? What is the retail product counterpart?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Great photos thanks! Looks exactly like my JPM PC except for the tacky signature strip.

Alas my current one expires in 8 months, and I see no reason to keep it if I'm simply going to be downgraded to the CSR. Might as well get the 100k signup bonus and then simply merge the accounts.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by AoshichanX
Hey Guys,

Here is my data point. When I spoke with the rep, she said the cards were not ready and wouldn't be for a while. Well she was wrong because they arrived today. I was pissed at first because both packages were for my AUs, but they stacked my card below one of them. Whew.

Please note my Palladium was set to expire in 2017. My JP Morgan Reserve is set to expire in 2021, supporting fueldude's statement.

I try to provide helpful data where I can but also want to minimize my online profile under this username so I will edit out this post after a little bit.
Thanks for the pics. I agree the backside is definitely a downgrade since they are still doing engraved signatures for Palladiums. I added an AU today and they signed a signature card. I have a UPS MyChoice notification to expect a shipment from Chase on Monday. Very very odd that they would cut it from the JPMR while still adding it for Pd AUs post 08/21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.