Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:58 pm
bb9

Long time lurker and first time poster here. Prior to the announcement of the JPMR and news that Palladium would stop accepting applications, I rushed to my PC Relationship Manager on Wednesday the 17th to submit an application. Today, I noticed that a new account had shown up in my online banking, but it only says JP Morgan without specifying whether it's Palladium or Reserve. Obviously, I'd much rather it be a Reserve card as it would be a shame to miss out on the 100,000 bonus points. Did any other last second applicants experience the same?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
So to be clear, if I am a current Palladium Card user should I just sit tight and wait?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by bb9
Long time lurker and first time poster here. Prior to the announcement of the JPMR and news that Palladium would stop accepting applications, I rushed to my PC Relationship Manager on Wednesday the 17th to submit an application. Today, I noticed that a new account had shown up in my online banking, but it only says JP Morgan without specifying whether it's Palladium or Reserve. Obviously, I'd much rather it be a Reserve card as it would be a shame to miss out on the 100,000 bonus points. Did any other last second applicants experience the same?
My colleague was approved on the 19th (Friday) and has the exact same thing showing up in his online account where it just says JP Morgan. When he called in to ask about his metal card, he said the rep confirmed multiple times that it was a Palladium card and said there are no metal cards currently available. I'm wondering if that's because they moved all of the blanks to JPMR.

I was also approved about 3 weeks ago and my online account plainly says JP Morgan on it, but it's definitely only a Palladium.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by IflyonAA
So to be clear, if I am a current Palladium Card user should I just sit tight and wait?
Not unless you want to get the 100k bonus points after $4k spend. Holding on to the Palladium and applying for the JPM Reserve is another option.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by NewYorker545
Not unless you want to get the 100k bonus points after $4k spend. Holding on to the Palladium and applying for the JPM Reserve is another option.
I thought we couldn't convert and still get the bonus.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: Walmart Select, Dollar Store VIP, and All Other Cheap CCs
Originally Posted by MDJennings
My colleague was approved on the 19th (Friday) and has the exact same thing showing up in his online account where it just says JP Morgan. When he called in to ask about his metal card, he said the rep confirmed multiple times that it was a Palladium card and said there are no metal cards currently available. I'm wondering if that's because they moved all of the blanks to JPMR.

I was also approved about 3 weeks ago and my online account plainly says JP Morgan on it, but it's definitely only a Palladium.
The online accounts for Pd cards all have the J.P. Morgan logo on them, so even with the serendipitous timing, bb9 most likely received the Pd card instead of the JPMR card.

As for the metal card blanks, my AU went into a NY Chase branch at 5:30 PM last Thursday to submit his signature for the metal Pd card. He received it on Tuesday--probably the very last metal Pd card issued with the Visa Signature logo.

As for the old blanks, the report by fueldude indicates that there are key features missing/changed on the new JPMR card (eg: pre-engraved concierge phone number, "Visa Infinite" logo). Therefore, the old blanks are not going to be used for JPMR unless they are melted down and re-cast. At the very least, I guess we can always hold onto our Pd cards as collector's items (if you're into that kind of thing)...

Last edited by Ben Wa; Aug 26, 2016 at 2:12 am
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Originally Posted by squid720
I sent an email this morning asking about the JP Morgan Reserve and was sent a pre-filled application. I've submitted it. Do any folks have thoughts about the best way to downgrade the Chase Sapphire Preferred that I currently have? It carries a $95 fee.
I would downgrade to regular Freedom because you can get 5% sometimes.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
So, I don't see in the agreement about the United Club, but other posters say it's there. Is there any documentation about how to be sure you'd get it?

Last edited by schalliol; Aug 26, 2016 at 9:03 am
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by MDJennings
I thought we couldn't convert and still get the bonus.
I'm not sure of your question. One could apply for a new JPM Reserve card and qualify for the 100k bonus. No 100k bonus offer if one converts from Palladium to the JPMR.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by schalliol
So, I don't see in the agreement about the United Club, but other posters say it's there. Is there any documentation about how to be sure you'd get it?
It is an unwritten benefit just as it was for the Palladium card. Once approved, you can call the banker or concierge line to enroll for United Club membership.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:27 am

Spoke to CPC advisor and will have advisor submit CSR app for me. I'm at 5/24 and a tad concerned as I just got the Ritz earlier this month. He did not mention the JPMR. Not sure if I don't qualify as a CPC or he's unaware of it.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Spoke to CPC advisor and will have advisor submit CSR app for me. I'm at 5/24 and a tad concerned as I just got the Ritz earlier this month. He did not mention the JPMR. Not sure if I don't qualify as a CPC or he's unaware of it.
Under the new guidelines you aren't eligible through CPC unless you're an existing PD card holder and even then the conversion will only last until your first card expires and then you'll be bumped down to the retail product
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by dlesin
Under the new guidelines you aren't eligible through CPC unless you're an existing PD card holder and even then the conversion will only last until your first card expires and then you'll be bumped down to the retail product
Well then, hoping everything is negotiable.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:45 pm

Spoke to my CPC advisor. He said they have received a lot of requests from CPC clients to apply or convert to the JPM Reserve card. Said he thinks there's a decent chance the restriction is eventually lifted, but couldn't do anything at this time.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA, JPM
Looks like I'll get to revisit this in 5 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.