Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by schalliol
I was told a couple years ago (by JPM) that they made it so you have to now convert to plastic from metal vs just get a plastic set as they used to offer when the card came out. As such, if you go to plastic, the renewal will come as plastic (you can switch back). I like the durability of metal but sometimes like the lower profile of plastic.

is this still the case?
When JPM changed the card from Palladium to the Reserve, I received both the metal and plastic version. I currently only use the plastic version. The metal causes too much attention.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
With the changes to the CSR including $550 annual fee next week and useless hard to use extra benefits, I wonder if they plan to change the JPMR as well? I hope not!
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
J.P.Morgan Reserve® gets you access to:

Free DashPass for up to 2 years, immediately upon activation. Normally $9.99/month.

Hey look, we finally get something more than the regular CSR! 😛

Regular CSR only gets 1 year free. This justifies the entire card! :-P
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by joelfreak
J.P.Morgan Reserve® gets you access to:

Free DashPass for up to 2 years, immediately upon activation. Normally $9.99/month.

Hey look, we finally get something more than the regular CSR! 😛

Regular CSR only gets 1 year free. This justifies the entire card! :-P
According to this link, CSR is 2 years too:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...onth-for-free/
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 747FC
According to this link, CSR is 2 years too:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...onth-for-free/
Oh well, one of the blogs had said it was 1 year. *shrug*
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by joelfreak
Oh well, one of the blogs had said it was 1 year. *shrug*
Just looked at my JPMR and CSR offers page. Each had Dash Deal, and wording appeared identical.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
With the changes to the CSR including $550 annual fee next week and useless hard to use extra benefits, I wonder if they plan to change the JPMR as well? I hope not!
Aside from $550 and Door Dash, any other cahanges?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Aside from $550 and Door Dash, any other cahanges?
Pink Lyft membership starting on 01/12.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor...h-credit-more/
747FC likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:31 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
After removing the price protection and other benefits $100 certainly doesn’t cover these locked-in benefits. Same secondary user AF?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:10 pm

Called into card services today and asked about the NFC card for the JPM Reserve and was told that it will be available in the near future but the card will be like the Sapphire Reserve plastic with the thin metal sandwiched in the middle. Representative said they couldn’t do it with the solid metal card currently used.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Did they suggest that essentially if you request plastic you can have it or they’ll replace metal with plastic with NFC?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Is the AF increase confirmed yet? I was not able to find it on Chase website. The only CONFIRMED change is the DoorDash benefit. Anything else is just a rumor.

Last edited by ktjan; Jan 8, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:00 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Bonvoy, Virgin Atlantic FlyingClub, Hilton HHonors, World of Hyatt
Originally Posted by ktjan
Is the AF increase confirmed yet? I was not able to find it on Chase website. The only CONFIRMED change is the DoorDash benefit. Anything else is just a rumor.
Just called. Same changes and fee change as CSR. United Club remains for those that are eligible still.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by websteth
Just called. Same changes and fee change as CSR. United Club remains for those that are eligible still.
Too bad. Without the UC I would probably cancel due to the increased AF. I am a big fan of Lyft (almost always a better experience than Uber) but I don't need my bank telling me I need to spend $100 a year with a specific merchant (and even worse if they copy Amex with the monthly use-it-or-lost-it credits). A pitiful effort to mask a price increase with a rather dubious perk. Now to be fair it could be worse, just check out the recent bloodbath with the CNB crystal card.

I probably average $200/yr on lyft so I value that at $30. My kids use door dash so perhaps that's worth another $50. So maybe it's close to a wash on the AF increase.

Also don't all JPMR customers have the hidden UC membership or am i missing something?

Last edited by Boraxo; Jan 10, 2020 at 6:34 pm
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:12 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Bonvoy, Virgin Atlantic FlyingClub, Hilton HHonors, World of Hyatt
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Too bad. Without the UC I would probably cancel due to the increased AF. I am a big fan of Lyft (almost always a better experience than Uber) but I don't need my bank telling me I need to spend $100 a year with a specific merchant (and even worse if they copy Amex with the monthly use-it-or-lost-it credits). A pitiful effort to mask a price increase with a rather dubious perk.

Also don't all JPMR customers have the hidden UC membership or am i missing something?
credits are all up front. No monthly like American Express. UC is only for private bank customers now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.