Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:43 pm

I would really like to get this card.

From what it seems only JP Morgan Private Bankers are eligible to apply.

In order to be JPMPB it looks like I need $10MM in investible assets with JPM.

Any advice on how to make $10MM before the sign up bonus goes away?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by vinhsynd
I would really like to get this card.

From what it seems only JP Morgan Private Bankers are eligible to apply.

In order to be JPMPB it looks like I need $10MM in investible assets with JPM.

Any advice on how to make $10MM before the sign up bonus goes away?
Load up on life insurance and fake your death then have wife apply for card after joining pb
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
For those of you who have converted Pd to JPMR, did you get your pro rated AF back?

Trying to decide whether to convert - my AF hit in June, Im $40k / $100k to the bonus, but if we are all force converted in Sept/Oct, I probably wont make it to the bonus. Plus I just got the CSR and was going to direct all my travel spend there (which is what I use Pd for).
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by kethee
For those of you who have converted Pd to JPMR, did you get your pro rated AF back?

Trying to decide whether to convert - my AF hit in June, Im $40k / $100k to the bonus, but if we are all force converted in Sept/Oct, I probably wont make it to the bonus. Plus I just got the CSR and was going to direct all my travel spend there (which is what I use Pd for).
The prior threads indicate that you get your prorated AF back, but I don't think there has been any confirmation yet - too early.

If you convert, let us know if they will allow you to keep using your current card until expiration, which has the laser-engraved signature (versus the regular white box for the JPMR).
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:16 pm

yeah you can keep using your current card

Last edited by fanofwigs; Aug 30, 2016 at 12:34 pm
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:59 pm

I just converted my Palladium to the JPM reserve tonight. I thought converting would ensure I wouldn't have to notify all the merchants I have reaccurring billing with but of course they change the security code so maintaining the same card number is pointless.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:02 am

So my colleague that applied (and was approved) for a Palladium last Friday (the final day to apply for one) was sent a plastic card. He called up and was told that metal cards, "are currently not available at this time."

I'm guessing he might only get his when the replacement metal JPMR cards go out.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by AoshichanX
Yes you can use your current card. I converted to JP Morgan Reserve on 08/23/2016 but it affected my pending Chick Fil A transaction from 08/22/2016 since it posted 08/24/2016. See below Chick Fil A 3x dining vs my Cinnabon 1x.
further reason to eat more chick fil a

Last edited by mia; Aug 25, 2016 at 11:58 am
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA, JPM
Received UPS package

Just received my new card. Converted on Monday afternoon.

Card is identical with the only differences being: white signature panel, Infinite below Visa, and no Concierge phone number listed on card itself.

Books are a nice glossy paper. No mention of Infinite $100 airfare credit. Was told this was a benefit when converting, but nothing in writing. Will have to call and see.

Last edited by fueldude; Aug 25, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by fueldude

Card is identical with the only differences being: white signature panel, Infinite below Visa, and no Concierge phone number listed on card itself.

Books are a nice glossy paper. No mention of Infinite $100 airfare credit. Was told this was a benefit when converting, but nothing in writing. Will have to call and see.
I was told the Infinite $100 airfare credit was not available with the Reserve card. I suppose one could check by entering in your Reserve card number on the Infinite booking site to see if you can get in.

Conceptually, I can see why JPM may not offer the Visa Infinite booking since they would want users to book on the UR portal. The new Ritz-Carlton Infinite card does not accumulate UR points so it makes sense they would offer the Infinite booking benefit.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA, JPM
Originally Posted by NewYorker545
I was told the Infinite $100 airfare credit was not available with the Reserve card. I suppose one could check by entering in your Reserve card number on the Infinite booking site to see if you can get in.

Conceptually, I can see why JPM may not offer the Visa Infinite booking since they would want users to book on the UR portal. The new Ritz-Carlton Infinite card does not accumulate UR points so it makes sense they would offer the Infinite booking benefit.
Indeed you're correct and I was told wrong. Called to figure out where to send my old cards and inquired about credit. Was told it was a RC benefit only.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Looks like there is a pdf application out for the card, anyone try it out yet?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by xinliz
Looks like there is a pdf application out for the card, anyone try it out yet?
Won't work, they've learned from the Palladium situation they had.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by fueldude

Hi,

Like to see pics of the card (front and back). Does it weigh the same as the Palladium Card?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by dlesin
Won't work, they've learned from the Palladium situation they had.
I'm actually dying to know if this is true or not... No doubt some will apply and we will see..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.