Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:51 am

Oh no. This is such a bad news. I called all the number I can think of related to this card. All they told me is that this card is invitation only. Being a PB is one way to get the invitation. Then I called 800-432-3117. The lady told me she has been in this department for over 2 years and never saw any JPMR, that cards application may be processed through another department.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Nothing new. This is a card for JPM PB Clients or those that got the Palladium in the past and were grandfathered in.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:17 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by comptalk
....Just go for the AMEX Gold Card as it has a very similar reward structure.
Chase Sapphire Reserve has the identical rewards, and essentially all of the benefits aside for the United Club membership.
RedSun likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:51 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

You need to keep the $$$$$$ at Chase to get it. Get something else for the itch.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:50 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by mia
Chase Sapphire Reserve has the identical rewards, and essentially all of the benefits aside for the United Club membership.
But it only weighs half as much as the CSR. 27g vs 14g.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:44 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Moderator action

Question about Sapphire Reserve fee waiver moved:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...st-2018-a.html

Originally Posted by DrForce
But it only weighs half as much as the CSR. 27g vs 14g.
In childhood my mother taped a Buffalo Nickel to the arm of our record player to "improve" the stylus tracking. No doubt something similar could be done to increase the heft of a Sapphire Reserve card.

Last edited by mia; Oct 16, 2018 at 9:55 am
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
The purpose is to not need two cards.
I still don't get it. I would never use my credit card to get cash, and I don't link Visa debit cards to my primary checking account. Unfortunately I have found that ATM-only cards (no visa debit feature) do not work at many overseas ATMs. So the best option is to carry a visa debit/ATM card linked to a separate linked account. Easy to do with Fidelity, Schwab, CapOne - and I am having my CPB banker set one up this week.

Originally Posted by Mia
100% correct. But of course the UC is huge for many JPM clients @ UA hubs - SFO, ORD, EWR, IAD - where both Chase and UA have a significant presence. $150 (net) annual fee for PP membership + UR points + other perks is a good deal. $150 for UC + PP + Chase UR points + perks is a stellar deal!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:00 am
mia

Originally Posted by Boraxo
.... UC is huge for many ....
Agreed, but if you aren't eligible to hold this card it's pointless to pine for it. Get the Sapphire Reserve, use the $300 travel credit to offset part of the cost of a United Club membership, and console yourself with the higher interest you will earn at another bank.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:58 pm

True, but the United Club membership is quite valuable.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:19 pm
mia

Originally Posted by comptalk
True, but the United Club membership is quite valuable.
It could be. I have a lifetime United Club membership that I have used once in this century.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by mia
It could be. I have a lifetime United Club membership that I have used once in this century.

Different strokes for different folks.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
How did you get lifetime UC membership? And if so Do you have both the JPMR and CSR?! I find the UC Membership to be quite useful. I get to use Star A lounges when flying domestically which is great. On the other hand I have 5 Priority Pass cards and I have used PP lounges only twice this year.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Back in the early days of this thread, there was a lot of speculation about the JPMR. Some opined that the annual fee would be increased to thousands of dollars, with resulting benefits. Some speculated that measures would be implemented to cull the herd.

Anyone with insight into the future?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by cce5858

How did you get lifetime UC membership? And if so Do you have both the JPMR and CSR?! I find the UC Membership to be quite useful. I get to use Star A lounges when flying domestically which is great. On the other hand I have 5 Priority Pass cards and I have used PP lounges only twice this year.
I actually have a lifetime United Club membership. Mine was a carry over from Continental Airlines and was migrated to United Club when they merged. I also have both JP Morgan Reserve Card, a Chase Sapphire Reserve and a separate JP Morgan Palladium Card which is now my second JP Morgan Reserve. I also have over 15 Priority Passes as well from various credit cards. The best use of PP has been 10% off at Johnnie Walker House at MIA airport. bought a limited edition JW Blue Ceramic edition and got $50 off.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
I actually have a lifetime United Club membership. Mine was a carry over from Continental Airlines and was migrated to United Club when they merged. I also have both JP Morgan Reserve Card, a Chase Sapphire Reserve and a separate JP Morgan Palladium Card which is now my second JP Morgan Reserve. I also have over 15 Priority Passes as well from various credit cards. The best use of PP has been 10% off at Johnnie Walker House at MIA airport. bought a limited edition JW Blue Ceramic edition and got $50 off.
Why are you still holding onto the CSR? I cancelled that after the 100k, and my banker stopped giving me annual fee credits after the second year. I also applied for a second JPMR 50k in 2017, this one with a much higher credit limit than the 80k on my first one. I noticed that it greatly increased my EXP Fico to near 840, since with the 2 trade lines not showing my utilization is basically zero every month. Its silly how I cannot get approved for a United Explorer card but can for the JPMR. And one thing I noticed is that unlike Amex, where all my cards have a Member Since 2013 regardless of when I got them, one of my Reserve cards shows 2016 and one is 2017, not sure if this is a glitch. And regarding Priority Pass, I only have one for both Reserve cards, did you get two?

Last edited by cce5858; Oct 17, 2018 at 12:11 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.