Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:59 pm

Went ahead and switched to the JPMR as well. Rep was clear I'd be giving up any "first use bonuses that could be very generous" and suggested I wait but like a small child I like new things. And now I can stop thinking about cards and get back to work...

Now I know phone reps can be notoriously unreliable but it does sound like there may be some benefits to the more patient among us, just some food for thought.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Indeed. Sadly, I didn't know about the signature. No matter, it's just a minor detail.

My card expires soon, anyway, so I'd have lost the engraved signature regardless.
Do you mean because of a PC to JPMR? I got my Pd ~2 weeks ago and it has my signature engraved. Odd how they decided to still do it for a recent Pd, but not for future JPMR cards.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:39 pm

Now that the new Reserve is out, is there any reason to hang on to the Sapphire Preferred?

It seems redundant to carry both cards but I'm wondering if there's a feature or perk that I might be overlooking?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by OliverB
Now that the new Reserve is out, is there any reason to hang on to the Sapphire Preferred?

It seems redundant to carry both cards but I'm wondering if there's a feature or perk that I might be overlooking?
Nope. Downgrade that puppy
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:05 am

Has there been any indication that the JPMR will NOT have the Visa Infinite $100 air discount?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: AA, JPM
Originally Posted by Troopers
Has there been any indication that the JPMR will NOT have the Visa Infinite $100 air discount?
Was specifically told that the airfare credit and rental car something was also a benefit. Had to be booked through Visa Infinite website and info would come with card.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by fueldude
Was specifically told that the airfare credit and rental car something was also a benefit. Had to be booked through Visa Infinite website and info would come with card.
Wow. I didn't see it in the image that NewYorker545 posted. The JPMR and the Plat will be my go to cards.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: N/A
Fairly certain that I can't get the JPMR if I'm over the 5/24 correect? Have the PD but would surely like the new signup bonus
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by JBG89
Fairly certain that I can't get the JPMR if I'm over the 5/24 correect? Have the PD but would surely like the new signup bonus
Are you CPC or PB?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by NewYorker545
I already did!

My online application for the CSR resulted in a "pending" (no immediate approval. I called up reconsiderations to get a status update. It turns out that by having the high credit limit Palladium card, a manager needs to approve the CSR application (and probably any other Chase/JPM application) because of the incremental credit line above the Palladium's.

They said approval should take 24-48 hours.
I just applied in-branch for the CSR and was approved within a few minutes.

My tentative plan is to try to apply for the JPM Reserve (even though I am a CPC client and even though I already have the Palladium). If approved, great - another 100k points. Then I repeat for my wife. In total, 400k points.

If denied, that's ok assuming the rumors are true - Palladium gets converted to JPM Reserve with the AF credited. For me that is the entire $450. Assuming 100k points = $1000, I "lose" only $550, so not a big deal.

Will keep all posted.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
So can new CPC customers no longer apply for Palladium/this new JPM card? Was thinking about moving some money to chase to set up a CPC account
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Westin.
So can new CPC customers no longer apply for Palladium/this new JPM card? Was thinking about moving some money to chase to set up a CPC account
That's up in the air at this point. Most of the consensus and info from the private bank is applications will be for PB clients only.

Based off previous replies though it looks like anyone (PB, CPC, or loophole) can convert their current Palladium to the JPMR.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:57 am

I saw someone mention that you can have your CPB ask JPMPB to invite you to the card? I'm gonna go talk the local CPB branch and see if it's a possibility or if they even know anything about it.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by Clayfu
I saw someone mention that you can have your CPB ask JPMPB to invite you to the card? I'm gonna go talk the local CPB branch and see if it's a possibility or if they even know anything about it.
Do you have The palladium card now or will this be a fresh app?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Westin.
Do you have The palladium card now or will this be a fresh app?
fresh app, no clue if it'll work. shrug. Seems details are kinda sparse as it is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.