Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by NewYorker545
I spoke with my banker today. JPMR will carry over the United Club benefits (unwritten just like the Palladium) and Priority Pass Select benefits along with 2 additional guests (don't need to be authorized users).

Palladium card is to be migrated over to JPMR "in September".

One open question is, will I be able to cancel the Palladium and apply for the JPMR to get the 100k signup points?
Update:

Confirmed that the United Club card benefits are the same as under Palladium (2 adult guests or spouse and children under 21 yrs old).

Priority Pass Select lounge access is ONLY the card holder and authorized users (who will get their own PPS card).

Update #2:

Priority Pass Select benefits are the same as with the Palladium card, which I believe are the same as the United Club guests. The one caveat was that each lounge has their own rules, so YMMV.

Last edited by NewYorker545; Aug 23, 2016 at 4:40 pm
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
JPMR: 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of the account opening

I don't see any mention of the 5k bonus of the authorized users. in the JPMR documents.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:00 pm

Earlier this year, I passed on the Palladium and my advisor hinted/suggested applying for a new better card (to replace the Palladium). So, I hope I'm eligible for this card as a CPC.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA, JPM
I just converted my Pd to the JPMR. Takes 2-3 days to convert. No points bonus for converting. Inquired about possible "upgraded" card in future and was told two different times that this was the replacement and no new card to "one-up" this one.

AF is pro-rated refunded from Pd and billed in full at time of conversion. Same airfare credit and car rental benefits at RC Infinite card. New cards to be mailed in 2 weeks due to it being brand new. Only difference from current metal card is no engraved signature.

I am neither CPC or JPM client-- I'm 8 hours to the closest Chase/JPM office and my family has used another major firm for generations. Figured I would convert on the off chance they culled the herd.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by fueldude
I am neither CPC or JPM client-- I'm 8 hours to the closest Chase/JPM office and my family has used another major firm for generations. Figured I would convert on the off chance they culled the herd.
Thanks, I'm even more hopeful now.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Thanks, I'm even more hopeful now.
As another note, when I called, I was told I could do it today or wait until they converted me automatically. I was told if I didn't do it today, it would start in late September/October and continue gradually until everyone was converted.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I spoke with my CPB staff today. One of the bankers had already applied for CSR card today, they view it as a no brainer with the 100k signup and $300 fee credits. They did not yet have any information on the "transition plan" for current Palladium customers

I spoke with my banker today. JPMR will carry over the United Club benefits (unwritten just like the Palladium) and Priority Pass Select benefits along with 2 additional guests (don't need to be authorized users).

Palladium card is to be migrated over to JPMR "in September".

One open question is, will I be able to cancel the Palladium and apply for the JPMR to get the 100k signup points?
That's my question too, and it sounds like we have a short window to fish or cut bait.

FYI the current Priority Pass Select card provides free unlimited guests (well I haven't actually brought more than 5) and they don't have to be family members. So 1+2 would be a downgrade... and not driven by the lounges, which are happy to bill PP.

I just converted my Pd to the JPMR. Takes 2-3 days to convert. No points bonus for converting. Inquired about possible "upgraded" card in future and was told two different times that this was the replacement and no new card to "one-up" this one.

AF is pro-rated refunded from Pd and billed in full at time of conversion. Same airfare credit and car rental benefits at RC Infinite card. New cards to be mailed in 2 weeks due to it being brand new. Only difference from current metal card is no engraved signature.
Interesting. So those of us who want the bonus should apply now for a new card, and then try to get a AF credit for converting the old Palladium card and consolidating.

Originally Posted by darkhound
This is a decent idea except I think I'm at 3/24 plus I added my wife as an authorized user, so I think I'm at 4/24. Ideally, I'd sign up for both CSR and JPMR and get 100k bonus each. But if I only get to choose 1 of the 2 because of 5/24, then I'd choose the JPMR. Hence, I'm going to wait to get a bit more info.
I'm currently at 5/24 and won't have any that age out until December. So I think my only option is to have my CPB take the app and hope it clears.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:32 pm

JPMR: 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of the account opening

I don't see any mention of the 5k bonus of the authorized users. in the JPMR documents.
Thanks. If there is a link to a PDF where you got that image, could you share? My CPC banker is a bit clueless and I'd like to direct him to a legit Chase PDF, if possible. But I'll send him the image if that's all you got.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:19 pm

I think I was asked this above (per an email notification) but can't find the post to quote...

I converted/upgraded my Palladium, was told 3-5 business days for the new card (showing Visa Infinite) to arrive. I'll report back if I get it by Friday.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:21 pm

Also, I noticed it was mentioned in their benefits page that the concierge is the Visa Infinite concierge. Does that mean it's no longer the "JP Morgan Premier Concierge" as it used to be (i.e., the same as the Ritz card)?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:41 pm

It appears the bloggers have found our discussion in this thread.

...No points bonus for converting.
Sucks for me since I only got my Pd literally 2 weeks ago.

Only difference from current metal card is no engraved signature.
Boo
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:43 pm

Only difference from current metal card is no engraved signature.
That's sad. I really liked that aspect of it.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
That's sad. I really liked that aspect of it.
Maybe you should have "converted" but asked to use your existing Palladium card until it expires?

AAdmiral stated earlier: "You do not need to apply for the card, you are still able to use the Palladium card until it expires at which point the replacement card will be a metal Reserve instead of Palladium."

I just got my Palladium and the expiration date is 3 years from now...
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:55 pm

$300 travel fee and benefits

According to the fine print, it looks like the $300 fee is calendar year based.^

"3. $300 Annual Travel Credit: A statement credit will automatically be applied to your account when your card is used for purchases in the travel category, up to $300 in statement credits annually ("annually" means the year beginning with your account open date through the first December statement date of that same year, and each 12 billing cycles starting after your December statement date through the following December statement date)."

I was seriously looking at dumping the Pd card,but these changes will keep it in my wallet. Also, the terms of the ancillary benefits are much stronger than Citi's. The language of the trip insurance/delay benefits, etc... are much more favorable for the consumer.

If they can keep all of this up long-term, then it's another nail in the coffin for my Prestige card.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by darkhound
Maybe you should have "converted" but asked to use your existing Palladium card until it expires?

AAdmiral stated earlier: "You do not need to apply for the card, you are still able to use the Palladium card until it expires at which point the replacement card will be a metal Reserve instead of Palladium."

I just got my Palladium and the expiration date is 3 years from now...
Indeed. Sadly, I didn't know about the signature. No matter, it's just a minor detail.

My card expires soon, anyway, so I'd have lost the engraved signature regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.