Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by schalliol
Did they suggest that essentially if you request plastic you can have it or they’ll replace metal with plastic with NFC?
When I asked about getting a NFC version they didn’t offer the plastic card. They mentioned that the current metal card couldn’t offer the NFC version but the would be releasing a JPM Reserve card similar to the CSR with the metal sandwiched in between the thin plastic covers.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:08 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
I don’t think they can cancel a card due to consumer laws.....
Any issuer can close any credit card account.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Am interested to see if any CPC member is able to renew the UC membership later this yr
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:19 am

Can a new CPC accountholder get the JPM Reserve card? If yes, can a Sapphire Reserve product change to this or would one apply for it and then downgrade/cancel the Sapphire Reserve?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Bonvoy, Virgin Atlantic FlyingClub, Hilton HHonors, World of Hyatt
Originally Posted by cheesedawg
Can a new CPC accountholder get the JPM Reserve card? If yes, can a Sapphire Reserve product change to this or would one apply for it and then downgrade/cancel the Sapphire Reserve?
CPC cannot get this card anymore and you can not product change to it. I had a CSR and had to apply for a new card
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:16 am

So is there any reason to get CPC over Sapphire banking other than signup bonus (assuming not interested in any investment services)?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Bonvoy, Virgin Atlantic FlyingClub, Hilton HHonors, World of Hyatt
Originally Posted by cheesedawg
So is there any reason to get CPC over Sapphire banking other than signup bonus (assuming not interested in any investment services)?
I would say it depends on your needs. CPC is nice as you have a dedicated person and team to assist you with everything and it even carries over to when you call in for cards. I would say look at the benefits that CPC offers and see if they will be of benefit to you.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
I requested the brown plastic version of this card because the rep stated it would be contactless, but turns out it’s not. What’s interesting is that the card artwork on the app changed from silver to brown to show it was in plastic status. When I called back to change to metal status again the artwork immediately went back to silver. Thankfully the expiration and CVV still remain the same.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
I requested the brown plastic version of this card because the rep stated it would be contactless, but turns out it’s not. What’s interesting is that the card artwork on the app changed from silver to brown to show it was in plastic status. When I called back to change to metal status again the artwork immediately went back to silver. Thankfully the expiration and CVV still remain the same.
Interesting. I didn’t have that happen but when I ordered plastic version they did ask what my preference for renewal would be which might be what drives it.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by ktjan
Am interested to see if any CPC member is able to renew the UC membership later this yr
Just got my new UC card exp. 1/31/21...Have had JPM Palladium/Reserve with UC membership for about 10 years, although not a Private Banking client (but a CPC).
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by psfcfa
Just got my new UC card exp. 1/31/21...Have had JPM Palladium/Reserve with UC membership for about 10 years, although not a Private Banking client (but a CPC).
My UC expires in June. Will see if I'll get renewed.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by ktjan
My UC expires in June. Will see if I'll get renewed.
Can anyone cite one post in which renewal was not given? Can’t fathom why this is up for discussion.
schalliol likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Can anyone cite one post in which renewal was not given? Can’t fathom why this is up for discussion.
I don’t think renewal is the issue. The issue is adding it for the first time if you are not Private Bank.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by websteth
I don’t think renewal is the issue. The issue is adding it for the first time if you are not Private Bank.
At this time, no one is getting the card who is not PB.

Last edited by 747FC; Jan 26, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Private Bank is probably cost prohibitive to get a credit card at this point?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.