Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 747FC
Received an email today with the above title, which continues to say:

"Help us improve J.P. Morgan Reserve Travel

As a valued card member, your feedback means a great deal to us. Please take a moment to share your thoughts as we use your feedback to help us make future enhancements to our program."

Unfortunately, the email did not come from JP Morgan, but from a survey firm hired by Aspire Lifestyles, meaning that JP Morgan probably will not get the feedback at all.

Did everyone get this, or only those who have previously interacted with Aspire Lifestyles?
I did not get the survey but I have not interacted with Asspire yet.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Just had my first experience with Aspire, and so far it has been a good one. I sought to book two domestic F tickets in Asia, and they were able to get the specific flight of interest, at the same fare I saw quoted on two booking engines (but using UR points). The big difference is that their fare was refundable, a big plus. The agent seemed competent and sent emails within the time frame promised.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
I'm posting observation in this forum since the outcome is likely due to special treatment of the JPMR account vs. other cards: I made a charge in Shanghai, China and was involuntarily DCC'd even though I selected RMB vs. USD on the receipt (I wasn't handed the terminal to select currency, which I thought was shady). I tried to dispute online but the pre-selected options did not fit my situation. Therefore, I called and explained what happened and even mentioned Visa reason code 76 (wrong currency). They immediately credited me for the whole charge. I said I appreciate the gesture but I wasn't disputing the whole charge, just the currency it was charged in. They said don't worry about submitting anything as it's considered complete. The charge wasn't large, but I wanted to merchant to be forced to charge in local currency out of principle. I guess in this case, they either feel it's not worth the effort or just won't want to trouble JPMR account holders.
Boraxo and ExpatExp like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
I'm posting observation in this forum since the outcome is likely due to special treatment of the JPMR account vs. other cards: I made a charge in Shanghai, China and was involuntarily DCC'd even though I selected RMB vs. USD on the receipt (I wasn't handed the terminal to select currency, which I thought was shady). I tried to dispute online but the pre-selected options did not fit my situation. Therefore, I called and explained what happened and even mentioned Visa reason code 76 (wrong currency). They immediately credited me for the whole charge. I said I appreciate the gesture but I wasn't disputing the whole charge, just the currency it was charged in. They said don't worry about submitting anything as it's considered complete. The charge wasn't large, but I wanted to merchant to be forced to charge in local currency out of principle. I guess in this case, they either feel it's not worth the effort or just won't want to trouble JPMR account holders.
I had a similar experience years ago, when I had the JPM Select (or whatever it was called). The Conrad Beijing DCCd me after giving me a receipt showing a zero balance in RMB. I disputed the charge differential, which was about $60, but JPMI placed the whole charge in dispute. I eventually was credited back around $1200 as the Conrad did not respond to the dispute.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Just used Aspire for the first time. Needed to book mixed class travel which the website doesn't allow on the same ticket. Second level agent was able to handle it no problem.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
I've been dealing with a problem due to the change-over in travel. I used the concierge, who used ultimate rewards points on the old system. I wanted to make sure that a 6-person economy round-trip to Europe trip in economy was a normal one that had baggage included when I booked, so I confirmed that with the agent online. They said I was good to go, but when the tickets came back, they didn't have that coverage. So, I called in and they actually played back our conversation to find that the agent did indeed confirm bags were included, and I was told that I should just charge the bags at the airport and they would refund. Well, it's been a bunch of calls to try to get the hundreds back I was promised, and they've always agreed I should be reimbursed. That said, they've had trouble actually figuring out how to do that after they dig in. It's been frustrating that they haven't done a decent job following-up, and now they don't have access to all the old records because they've switched to a different company. Someone at the JPM Exec Line said they'd just be able to credit me back and handle it on the back-end, but then they called back and said they couldn't because it was some other company's liability. It's really quite unfortunate.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
If enough of us are not satisfied with Aspire, perhaps we can band together a group complaint? John Paul was way better.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:51 pm

Chase Offers

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
It appears you are also unable to select JPMR for offers. If you also open a ticket maybe they will see a trend and address this, unless they state that this card was never intended to receive offers which would be a shame.
Talked to a JPM Executive Line staffer. She very quickly said that the Offers were not available on the JPMR. I'd need to put it on my CSR or United Select, on which I put less than 5% of my spend.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:25 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Question about the Merrill Lynch Octave card has been transferred:

Merrill Lynch Octave
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
is there a Contactless Version of the JPMR card? Either plastic or metal?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by hawata
is there a Contactless Version of the JPMR card? Either plastic or metal?
Currently, contactless is only through electronic usage via a mobile wallet such as Apple Pay, Google or Samsung Pay.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 5:59 pm

Fail during international travel

Im
a JP Reserve card holder but not a private banking client. I called one month before doing international travel to Italy letting them know my itinerary and set up a cap on ATM cash advance and my pin as I didnt want to bring a debit card. Result was Not being able to use the credit or debit card. Apparently there was no record of my call and my pin got disabled and Id have to wait till Monday to fix it.
I was stranded not able to check into a hotel and the executive line couldnt offer a solution.
I didnt have my Amex on
me but because I had their phone number was able to call Amex and they secured the room
for me even though the hotel didnt even accept Amex!

Next day i call collect the number on back of JP reserve card. They had no record of my call or issues. Within 5 minutes of being on phone I get a fraud alert email from chase for my attempted room
charge the night before (about ten hours earlier). I get transferred to chase fraud prevention who then clears me to do charges but still have to wait until Monday for cash advance. Monday we will see what happens but Im pretty sure Im canceling my cards.

i was standing in a hotel lobby and was offered no solution after a 40 min phone call. But the next day phone call was more frustrating. After being cleared I made a store purchase and then get denied again about an hour later for another purchase. Fraud prevention alert again. I called and got cleared and will possibly follow up Monday regarding not being able to use cash advance. Ill follow up but anyone ever have similar issues?
Old Aug 31, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
How awful. I've called before some international trips and was told I didn't need to do that. I'm headed to Italy in less than a month as well and guess I'll call at least. I maintain a few cards, so I'm reasonably sure at least one would work, but this is of course unacceptable.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 6:03 pm

Sorry to hear of this fail. Big time fail.

You only travel with one credit card? I always have three with me.
mia and United747 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 6:21 pm

If you only travel with 1 card (I wouldn’t), at least set up Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or whatever. In some European countries it seems more widely accepted than the US.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.