Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
I posted corrections in their comments section twice and they ignored them.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:49 pm

You do NOT need 10 million to get JP Morgan Reserve. But you do need 7 figures investment asset. As long as you can continue to move fund to JP Morgan. Also if you are young, you can start even less.
People keep throwing 10 million because they don't want too many people to get this card, otherwise, it will not be that exclusive. The truth is there are lots of people don't have 10 million and still get the card.
So don't be scared. If you have over a million call the private bank number and see if they can open the account for you. If not, let them say no.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
The private bank does have a hard minimum of $5M. Most of the people I know who bank with JPM have well over $10M, but I do have a family friend who is an attorney who is definitely under that. I think she kind of mentioned somewhere between 5-7M (I didn't ask). You don't call them to apply for their card. It is offered as part of your relationship as a US client. If you are considering shifting assets to JPM consider your financial needs first instead of a CC. I cannot believe that people want to become clients solely for the CC, seems kinda backwards to me.

Also, when I lived in silicon valley, there were plenty of people between 5-10M who remained with Chase. In fact, when I went to a Chase branch for servicing, the Private Client banker told me they don't even refer clients to the private bank if their assets with them is under $10M. But this is a region where meeting someone with $5M+ is as common as seeing a Tesla on the street.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by cce5858
The private bank does have a hard minimum of $5M. Most of the people I know who bank with JPM have well over $10M, but I do have a family friend who is an attorney who is definitely under that. I think she kind of mentioned somewhere between 5-7M (I didn't ask). You don't call them to apply for their card. It is offered as part of your relationship as a US client. If you are considering shifting assets to JPM consider your financial needs first instead of a CC. I cannot believe that people want to become clients solely for the CC, seems kinda backwards to me.

Also, when I lived in silicon valley, there were plenty of people between 5-10M who remained with Chase. In fact, when I went to a Chase branch for servicing, the Private Client banker told me they don't even refer clients to the private bank if their assets with them is under $10M. But this is a region where meeting someone with $5M+ is as common as seeing a Tesla on the street.
I agree with you. Joining private bank is based on lots of factors such as age, career, location, assets etc. I'm just saying people have over million assets potentially should be able to get it. Calling the number, they will get a banker to connect to you and talk about accounting opening.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Herbzzz
I really really want this card. I'm a Chase CPC customer. It there any chase I can get it? Email? fax? CPC banker? Is JPMPCD working? It's almost 2019, does JPM seems allows some CPC to get this card?
You do NOT need 10 million to get JP Morgan Reserve. But you do need 7 figures investment asset. As long as you can continue to move fund to JP Morgan. Also if you are young, you can start even less.
People keep throwing 10 million because they don't want too many people to get this card, otherwise, it will not be that exclusive. The truth is there are lots of people don't have 10 million and still get the card.
So don't be scared. If you have over a million call the private bank number and see if they can open the account for you. If not, let them say no.
Are you reporting your personal success in acquiring the JPMR? If so, how much did you need to invest?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
<snip>If you are considering shifting assets to JPM consider your financial needs first instead of a CC. I cannot believe that people want to become clients solely for the CC, seems kinda backwards to me.
Very well said and I agree completely. FT seems to do strange things to peoples minds.

In reviewing the benefits of this card, I don't really see what the lust is; the benefits seems pretty comparable to the CSR card. Additionally, really don't understand why people with significant wealth use JPM versus a brokerage such as Fidelity/Schwab (unless they need lots of hand holding)

Regards
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by 747FC

Are you reporting your personal success in acquiring the JPMR? If so, how much did you need to invest?
I don't' want to say too much. The only suggestion I can give you is prepared at least 7 figures investment assets and call 877-210-1672. The customer service representative will get you to the right person. The line directly connects you to the JP Morgan. Your CPC banker may not willing to refer you but you can always connect to them yourself.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:03 am

I don't' want to say too much. The only suggestion I can give you is prepared at least 7 figures investment assets and call 877-210-1672. The customer service representative will get you to the right person. The line directly connects you to the JP Morgan. Your CPC banker may not willing to refer you but you can always connect to them yourself.
Please tell me that you are moving seven figures to JPM for reasons other than a credit card that is basically a rebranded CSR...

Regards
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Very well said and I agree completely. FT seems to do strange things to peoples minds.

In reviewing the benefits of this card, I don't really see what the lust is; the benefits seems pretty comparable to the CSR card. Additionally, really don't understand why people with significant wealth use JPM versus a brokerage such as Fidelity/Schwab (unless they need lots of hand holding)

Regards
It really depends on how much money you have. If you have lots of money. It is a good strategy to allocate the asset across different private bank or family office.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
I don't' want to say too much.
Why? Did you or did you not get the JPMR?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:44 am

It really depends on how much money you have. If you have lots of money. It is a good strategy to allocate the asset across different private bank or family office.
Please share some of the specific features and benefits, other than the re-branded CSR, that you are specifically utilizing and that give you value above and beyond the fees you will pay JPM (relative to Fidelity/Schwab/Etrade, etc)

I'm interested in specific benefits, not general "allocate assets around" type stuff. There are plenty of venues to spread assets without supporting the "old world" full service brokerage business model

If there is value in this relationship, it should be simple to point to features and benefits.

Regards
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:26 am

For awhile, JP Morgan was offering Private Client entry to attorneys at the top 10-20 worldwide law firms. They discontinued that offering 2-3 years ago. They were targeting the newer attorneys that while weren't making anywhere near 7 figures a year, had strong prospects to be doing so in the nearish future.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
I just got offered the JP Reserve card> Several questions. I understand it no longer is made of palladium only simple plastic. Also Ihave the AmEx Centurian and it appears not to offer as many perks.(esp vip airport, platinum hertz, etc
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Clayfu
For awhile, JP Morgan was offering Private Client entry to attorneys at the top 10-20 worldwide law firms. They discontinued that offering 2-3 years ago. They were targeting the newer attorneys that while weren't making anywhere near 7 figures a year, had strong prospects to be doing so in the nearish future.
Law firm group still exists at JP Morgan Private Bank. The aforementioned family friend is an associate at one of those firms.
Originally Posted by Zurick
I just got offered the JP Reserve card> Several questions. I understand it no longer is made of palladium only simple plastic. Also Ihave the AmEx Centurian and it appears not to offer as many perks.(esp vip airport, platinum hertz, etc
Never had Palladium, but the Reserve looks identical based on pics. The Palladium was just plated with Palladium. Maybe the Reserve is still plated with Palladium who knows. It still mostly made of brass and coated with some sort of varnish. Certainly no plastic in this card. Centurion is made of this really hard titanium but is like half the weight and sounds like a cheap tin.

Assuming you have the US Centurion yes the airport VIP lounges are probably the most of any card in the world. JPMR has Priority Pass and United Club. Centurion has PP, Delta SkyClub, Centurion lounges, Airspace/Escape lounges, and all SkyTeam lounges when flying SkyTeam (Show your Delta Platinum Medallion credential). Regarding car rental status I don’t rent cars, but I think they are more or less identical with Avis and National, but the Centurion offers Hertz 5 star presidential, which apparently gives you car upgrades. If you are looking at perks it’s hard to beat the Amex with its tons of status benefits, but honestly I find the Centurion to be more and more of a card that I never use, with the exception of occasional restaurant bookings and airport arrival assistance.

Last edited by cce5858; Jan 1, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:32 pm

JPMR has Priority Pass and United Club.
I simply do not understand the allure (or even value) of the JPMR card. It's a rebranded CSR w/undocumented United Club membership. It's not even remotely playing in the same league as the Amex Cent card.

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.