Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Old May 23, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Boraxo, is JPMR's PP losing the larger guest access like CSR? I haven't seen anything about this.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by schalliol
Boraxo, is JPMR's PP losing the larger guest access like CSR? I haven't seen anything about this.
I havent seen anything to indicate losing comp guest access > 2 for PP issued through JPMR or Ritz. Also, for these, the membership is automatic where CSR requires a one time activation.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
The same changes on CSR will be applied to JPMR. Learned about this speaking to the rep on the executive line. The JPMR benefits site also listed that Price Protection will be discontinued in August. Never used it and could care less. Didn’t even know existed. Who files a claim for $16? I’m dumbfounded.

Return protection will stay on most cards, it’s only being removed from the United cards.

Also zero points for the first $300 travel spend that gets reimbursed (reasonable), and also 2 guests per visit for Priority Pass. So nothing negative at all. The lounge access limiting 2 free guests is great. On my paid tickets, I can only guest in 1-2 people in anyways in Star A/ OW/ SkyTeam Business or First, and I cannot pay to guest in more people. Also, does anyone here actually use Priority Pass? I flew almost 100,000 miles last year and used PP twice? Once in Dubai and once in Seoul (Asiana Lounge has nice showers). I have this gut feeling that at least 1/3 of the people at airports have a Priority Pass of some sort as they look like bread lines. And I’m sure people on this website have multiple. I have 5 myself, and used their lounges twice since July of 2017.... so yeah pretty insignificant.

Last edited by cce5858; May 23, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Old May 23, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Please speak for yourself. My job has sent me to 25 countries (also 100k+ last year) and PP lounges are a godsend in some of the places that our current president described with a expletive. Not to mention that PP is useful even in places like PEK, SVO and BKK where the *A lounge options may not be wonderful. And yes, the lounge is a great safe space for my kids to hang out on our airline trips, not to mention the snacks. As discussed in many other thread, PP may be almost useless in the USA depending on your travel patterns, but that's where the UC membership shines.

Everybody has their own reasons for paying the JPM-R annual fee (or in some cases it is comp'd). Some people rave about the concierge, which I have found mostly useless. Others like the lounges. For me the clincher is the built-in comprehensive travel insurance (including medevac), though the UC + PP combo is easily worth $150 to me, plus the 3x points.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Please speak for yourself. My job has sent me to 25 countries (also 100k+ last year) and PP lounges are a godsend in some of the places that our current president described with a expletive. Not to mention that PP is useful even in places like PEK, SVO and BKK where the *A lounge options may not be wonderful. And yes, the lounge is a great safe space for my kids to hang out on our airline trips, not to mention the snacks. As discussed in many other thread, PP may be almost useless in the USA depending on your travel patterns, but that's where the UC membership shines.

Everybody has their own reasons for paying the JPM-R annual fee (or in some cases it is comp'd). Some people rave about the concierge, which I have found mostly useless. Others like the lounges. For me the clincher is the built-in comprehensive travel insurance (including medevac), though the UC + PP combo is easily worth $150 to me, plus the 3x points.

Ah that makes sense. Yeah I am sure there are airports where PP lounges shine. Definitely agree with you on the Concierge. I find them to be useless to me AMEX or JPM. I'm sure they can probably get some amazing things done, but I have not in my life encountered a dependency on such a service. It's one of those "good to have around" perks. I see that you are also in the Bay Area. Have you visited the Polaris Lounge? I think it is my favorite lounge in this country so far, shockingly from an airline that I consider to be one of the worst. But if you travel with your kids like you say you do, you can only bring in 1 guest, not sure if children are counted. If you have the Ritz card, you can add your wife and kids for no additional charge and they will all get their priority pass cards independently. They don't ask for their birthdays or anything, just need the correct spelling of their names.

Also in PVG, I think the best Star A lounge is the Air China First Class lounge that Singapore Airlines uses. It is quite new, they have actual bedrooms to sleep in, a la carte dining, and I was pretty surprised that it wasn't as well known. And both times I went there was less than 5 people.

Oh just noticed you said PEK. Oh the Air China lounge there sucks. Open air and stale food. BKK for Star A I think the Thai lounges are all decent, and the EVA lounge if it is open.

Last edited by mia; May 23, 2018 at 8:55 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old May 24, 2018, 4:15 pm

Argh i want this card so bad, I can meet the PC requirements, but you need $10mm+ in order to get this card?
Old May 24, 2018, 4:40 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Brian Chen
Argh i want this card so bad...
Why?
Old May 24, 2018, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Brian Chen
Argh i want this card so bad, I can meet the PC requirements, but you need $10mm+ in order to get this card?
I remember it is still at $5M although there have been discussion to raise the limit to $10. I dont see it enforced. But consider your investment and banking needs in choosing a bank instead of having a credit card dictate that decision. The AUM fees can be quite steep.
Milwaukee likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by dlesin
Anyone here going to the PB alt investment event this Friday in NYC?
Hi. I was there, but didn't see your post until today. Interesting presentations from Third Point, NWI, Bloom Tree and Rose Grove.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles

I haven’t seen anything to indicate losing comp guest access > 2 for PP issued through JPMR or Ritz. Also, for these, the membership is automatic where CSR requires a one time activation.
On the linked Wiki page for JPMR travel benefits, Footnote 5 (Priority Pass lounge access) notes that the number of complimentary guests will be limited to 2 as of August 2018. I'm surprised that we didn't get an update Ts & Cs from JPM regarding this. I feel like I'm in the minority on this one, but I have found utility in this benefit. Having the JPMR and one AU will cover most situations for me, as that's six total for family travel, but I have, on occasion, brought more than two guests to PP lounges on business travel. That said, I can afford the infrequent extra $27 per guest (although "unlimited guests" just sounded like a cool benefit).

Last edited by HookemHorns; Jun 4, 2018 at 9:16 pm Reason: Minor
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
That is disappointing. I have a family of 5, but I think minors are free, correct? My wife doesnt want to carry her card, and that seems reasonable. Its a long-shot, but I wonder if the new virtual card I mentioned earlier, which shares no numbers with the regular card when presented, acts like a totally different card.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I see the Wiki has a link to an "official benefits" page which now has a footnote (5) that references the new "2 guest" limit, but I don't think the wiki (or the link) provides sufficient notice to change the T&Cs for this card. I suppose JPM would contend that the guest restriction is simply a change to the PP Select program similar to addition/removal of individual lounges, but that's not really correct as different banks have different membership types and different guest limits. I have yet to see an official notice from JPM so I expect they will get some pushback from JPMR cardholders when these guest charges appear on their statements.

Originally Posted by schalliol
That is disappointing. I have a family of 5, but I think minors are free, correct? My wife doesn’t want to carry her card, and that seems reasonable. It’s a long-shot, but I wonder if the new virtual card I mentioned earlier, which shares no numbers with the regular card when presented, acts like a totally different card.
Minors are not free at most PP lounges but if you are nice to the staff you may find occasional "exceptions." Why would it be a hassle for your wife to carry an AU card if you have already paid her fee??

Last edited by Boraxo; Jun 5, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:52 pm

Interesting. Well, the PP Card just one more card for her to put in her wallet. I suppose we could get her virtual card on the phone and that would do it.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:53 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
... the wiki is not sufficient to change the T&Cs for this card, and I have yet to see an official notice from JPM ....
To be sure there is no misunderstanding, the change is not noted on the Flyertalk Wiki, it is on this page:

https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:29 pm

Yeah, that wouldnt cut it to change T&Cs either. It would make it clear for new applicants though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.