Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche

Just got the new card in the mail, replacing my Palladium (the Palladium expires next month, so I guess they were waiting until then to send me the new card). Didn't realize the new card would look exactly like the old card. The box even looks the same. Differences are:

• no etched signature (just a normal white space where you have to sign yourself)
  • JP Morgan Concierge and TTY phone numbers removed
  • no longer says the card is made with Palladium (lol) but the same patent number is engraved so maybe the same material
And what's the difference between Visa Signature (the old card) and Visa Infinite (the new card)?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
And what's the difference between Visa Signature (the old card) and Visa Infinite (the new card)?
I doubt you will actually notice a difference, but VISA's marketing department would like you to believe...

Signature: https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/c...dit-cards.html

Infinite: https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/c...dit-cards.html
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Here’s the letter. It looks like they’re leading with things that don’t appear new to me. Is there anything new of value?

Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
This doesn't appear to be anything that isn't avalible to anyone with UR access?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Substantially the same as the Sapphire Reserve notice. The Enhanced Ultimate Rewards section suggests that they may be moving to a contractor with a wider variety of products.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by mia
I doubt you will actually notice a difference, but VISA's marketing department would like you to believe...

Signature: https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/c...dit-cards.html

Infinite: https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/c...dit-cards.html
Many thanks! Is there now any reason to keep the ex-Palladium card if I still maintain an Amex Platinum?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Many thanks! Is there now any reason to keep the ex-Palladium card if I still maintain an Amex Platinum?
Do you colllect and use UR points?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: HH Gold
I have Sapphire reserve card, formerly palladium card holder until 2016. I just randomly received welcome packet in mail yesterday but no card. Anyone else had this happen to them?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
Do you colllect and use UR points?
Not as a focus or anything… I seem to use Amex points more. But is the ex-Pd whatever it's called now card better when it comes to rental car insurance for example? I think it used to be…
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Not as a focus or anything… I seem to use Amex points more. But is the ex-Pd whatever it's called now card better when it comes to rental car insurance for example? I think it used to be…
Yes, the JP Morgan Resrve card offers primary coverage for rental insurance.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by txcards
I have Sapphire reserve card, formerly palladium card holder until 2016. I just randomly received welcome packet in mail yesterday but no card. Anyone else had this happen to them?
Funny, I just received the same welcome packet. I haven't owned a Palladium card in over 3 years - just never got any significant benefits for owning that card. I get much more value from my Sapphire Reserve.

Wonder if they'll ever make this card more open to public signups in the future.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:31 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
Funny, I just received the same welcome packet. I haven't owned a Palladium card in over 3 years - just never got any significant benefits for owning that card. I get much more value from my Sapphire Reserve.

Wonder if they'll ever make this card more open to public signups in the future.
I do not know what this is. A lot folks here state that this shinny JPM card is far more valuable than the CSR....
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by RedSun
I do not know what this is. A lot folks here state that this shinny JPM card is far more valuable than the CSR....
As repeatedly noted above (I realize this is a long thread) the JPM-R card includes United Club membership (unadvertised) - the CSR card does not. That may have some value for those of us who fly frequently on UA.
747FC likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by Boraxo
As repeatedly noted above (I realize this is a long thread) the JPM-R card includes United Club membership (unadvertised) - the CSR card does not. That may have some value for those of us who fly frequently on UA.
Or other *A airlines when travel internationally
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:56 pm

Is tap pay an option for the J.P. Morgan? I have this with my metal Amex, want to use this feature abroad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.