Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:19 pm

You guys are comparing Apples to Oranges. JP Morgan Private Bank has one goal and that is to grow assets under management (AUM). If they can raise AUM by improving a credit card and thus having clients bring funds from other banks and financial institutions then the annual fee they charge on the card is secondary to what they are trying to accomplish. Amex only generates money from credit card fees. Amex doesn't have a way to subsidize the Centurion card as JPM does for the Palladium or new Reserve card via PB having the discretion of subsidizing depending on AUM of a particular client.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:47 pm

Generally a corporation's goal is to maximize return to shareholders, which takes precedence over subsidiary branch goals. If they can make money off a card I have no doubt they will do so.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA

I did a comparison to RPA0511 (CSR) and it's 100% identical except for s/Chase Sapphire Reserve/J.P. Morgan Reserve/.

Last edited by patrick.barnes; Aug 20, 2016 at 4:33 pm
Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes

I did a comparison to RPA0511 (CSR) and it's 100% identical except for s/Chase Sapphire Reserve/J.P. Morgan Reserve/.
Would have been really nice to see a minimum of 1.5% on "other" purchases since that would eliminate the need to carry any other card unless it was a co-brand or if you cared enough about the 5% Freedom bonuses.

A 3% across the board might have been enough would have convinced me to move enough to qualify for PB, but one can dream right?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by MDJennings
Would have been really nice to see a minimum of 1.5% on "other" purchases since that would eliminate the need to carry any other card unless it was a co-brand or if you cared enough about the 5% Freedom bonuses.

A 3% across the board might have been enough would have convinced me to move enough to qualify for PB, but one can dream right?
As it stands I'll be getting a CSR for myself and the wife tomorrow, and downgrading the CSP to a FU.

Unless the JPMR (the same name thing is going to get annoying has magical benefits like status or whatever.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
As it stands I'll be getting a CSR for myself and the wife tomorrow, and downgrading the CSP to a FU.

Unless the JPMR (the same name thing is going to get annoying has magical benefits like status or whatever.
Why wouldn't you wait until the JPM R is officially announced so you can compare both and then make the decision.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:14 pm

I cannot believe that JP Morgan Chase would create two new credit card products with essentially the same benefits and the only difference being the name, JP Morgan Reserve Visa Infinite & Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite.

Last edited by AAdmiral; Aug 20, 2016 at 5:27 pm Reason: grammar
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by AAdmiral
I cannot believe that JP Morgan Chase would create two new credit card products with essentially the same benefits and the only difference being the name, JP Morgan Reserve Visa Infinite & Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite.
Likewise. If I have no choice but to carry this new JPMR card, I really hope it doesn't follow in the footsteps of the prior iteration Palladium card (mediocrity).

Any word on an updated benefits guide for the Palladium Visa Infinite card? (I think it was mentioned above that Palladium becomes Infinite now too?)
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:30 pm

I'm guessing the JPMR literature that was linked only pertains to the points earning structure and isn't all inclusive of all benefits. With the AF being nearly 5x the CSR's AF, that thing would only appeal to the most vane of PB clients.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:19 pm

I'm guessing the JPMR literature that was linked only pertains to the points earning structure and isn't all inclusive of all benefits. With the AF being nearly 5x the CSR's AF, that thing would only appeal to the most vane of PB clients.
Is the AF confirmed?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:24 pm

Why wouldn't you wait until the JPM R is officially announced so you can compare both and then make the decision.
100k UR?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Is the AF confirmed?
From talking to some people I highly trust (JPM employee and colleagues with PB), expect a ~$2,000 AF.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:46 pm

From talking to some people I highly trust (JPM employee and colleagues with PB), expect a ~$2,000 AF.
Works for me. So long as the status and/or benefits match. (Cent has been losing a lot lately.)
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Works for me. So long as the status and/or benefits match. (Cent has been losing a lot lately.)
It will definitely be worth it for me if it includes even 2nd-highest tier status on some hotels/airlines. I'd even cancel out my Octave at that point.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
It will definitely be worth it for me if it includes even 2nd-highest tier status on some hotels/airlines. I'd even cancel out my Octave at that point.
Already have that. i can't imagine a suite of benefits worth $2k except perhaps top tier status on at least one airline and hotel, if not more. Mid-tier hotel status is relatively easy to obtain and not worth much besides free breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.