Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Wow! Is the CSR losing this too?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by schalliol
Wow! Is the CSR losing this too?
Yes, according to this:

​​​​​​​https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...oss-all-cards/
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue

Thats pretty ridiculous.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:13 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K

Thats pretty ridiculous.
Have you ever used either of these benefits? I’m genuinely curious, I have not.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by United747
Yes, on price protection. It was a huge hassle, I actually sent the original best buy advert and they still wanted more documentation for a $16 claim. I finally just gave up.

That is disappointing on the return policy. I will have to consider switching to AMEX for purchases if it still has these benefits.

Did not see any details on the travel insurance but that's the one that is most concerning. I use JPM for all my travel purchases - both for 3x points but also for the insurance.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Yes, on price protection. It was a huge hassle, I actually sent the original best buy advert and they still wanted more documentation for a $16 claim. I finally just gave up.

That is disappointing on the return policy. I will have to consider switching to AMEX for purchases if it still has these benefits.

Did not see any details on the travel insurance but that's the one that is most concerning. I use JPM for all my travel purchases - both for 3x points but also for the insurance.
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
I noticed that other Chase cards are losing price protection, reimbursement benefits and reduced trip interruption insurance. I haven’t received anything regarding changes to the JPMR benefits, so I wonder if this will further differentiate the card going forward...
I have received no notice of the changes on the regular chase cards either. But that doesnt mean it is not getting removed.

The best insurance and purchase protection is from citi bank anyways. I think its a little odd that this is something that makes the card "better" than other chase cards, when the citi $0 annual fee cards have. They should really step up their game. Putting $10M on a Jp morgan account or investment and then they giving you these "benefits" is not corresponding IMHO. I have a friend who has the Amex Centurion and he gets treated much better. They even fly to his office every year to see how he is going and bring him gifts.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by United747

And this is why it makes business sense to discontinue the benefit. Likely the great majority of the claims come from a relatively small percentage of the cardholders. If looking at FT threads is any indication, a high percentage of utilizers are repeaters. It becomes a moral hazard question for Chase.

I'm not encouraging the discontinuation of benefits, just trying to understand the rationale.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The last JPMR Guide to Benefits that I received is dated August 2016. I would think that they would not be able to change benefits without providing some official notice but no doubt that is covered by the Cardmember agreement.
schalliol likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:27 pm

Anyone here going to the PB alt investment event this Friday in NYC?
Old May 22, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Boraxo
The last JPMR Guide to Benefits that I received is dated August 2016. I would think that they would not be able to change benefits without providing some official notice but no doubt that is covered by the Cardmember agreement.
So far it looks like good news for JPMR. Sapphire cardholders received notice of benefit changes, but nothing here.
Old May 22, 2018, 8:48 pm

That makes sense for this card, really.
Old May 23, 2018, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
So far it looks like good news for JPMR. Sapphire cardholders received notice of benefit changes, but nothing here.
If this is true then it's about time the JPM reserve card offers better benefits than the CSR besides being a heavier physical card. I wish they would add more benefits to the JPM reserve product as well. I doubt JPM reserve card holders are bringing in that many guests when they visit PP lounges. I'd be curious to know how many JPM reserve card accounts exist. I wonder what the ratio is CSR to JPMR card accounts.
Old May 23, 2018, 9:13 am

Don't forget United Club, AAdmiral, but I agree. It should have more exclusive benefits. My guess is most JPMR holders don't play games as maybe some CSR cardholders do with the price protection or lounge access.
Old May 23, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Don't forget United Club, AAdmiral, but I agree. It should have more exclusive benefits. My guess is most JPMR holders don't play games as maybe some CSR cardholders do with the price protection or lounge access.
i would think that a typical JPMR. holder has automatic lounge access flying J/F internationally (or having elite benefit access through status). Domestically, the UA club access takes care of most of my needs. Over he past year, only exceptions to above were several Centurion lounge visits.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That would be me, often J/F international and *G status for the occasional trip in economy. As a resident of fortress-hub SFO I find I use the UC fka RCC far more than PP lounges, and this is one of the reasons I gladly renew JPM-R annually. As for guests there are maybe only a handful of times in a given year that I guest my family (+3) into PP lounges so I will resent paying the $27 (garbage fee) but maybe a reason to add an AU to the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.