Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase account suspension: INK UR transfer to someone not co-owner or household member

Chase account suspension: INK UR transfer to someone not co-owner or household member

Old Aug 15, 16, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

I transferred the Chase UR points to my partner and now I received a letter from Chase informing me, the Chase UR reward transfer is suspended until I provide the following info:

Form 1040 schedule C, E or F
Form 1065 or 1120s of the business tax returns or
Other official document showing ownership of the business, such as an operating agreement, a shareholder agreement or a partnership agreement.

If I don't provide any of the documents, all my accounts will be closed.

I don't have any legitimate business but I do have a rental property on my name. Please help.

Thanks.
Old Aug 15, 16, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ramamosn View Post
I transferred the Chase UR points to my partner and now I received a letter from Chase informing me, the Chase UR reward transfer is suspended until I provide the following info:

Other official document showing ownership of the business, such as an operating agreement, a shareholder agreement or a partnership agreement.

I don't have any legitimate business but I do have a rental property on my name. Please help.

Thanks.
You might be able to correct this by presenting either a DBA license to the bank, or changing the name of the account to reflect your real name instead of the business name.

Source: was told my recently opened business account would be frozen unless I changed the name to match my legal name, according to my banker a new rule for sole prop business accounts that went into effect August 1st.
Old Aug 15, 16, 2:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Assuming that you gave them honest information on the application, just send them the schedule they asked for.
Old Aug 15, 16, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL MM & DM; Marriott, AmEx, Chase, Cap1

Thanks.
If you have rental property then you probably have a Schedule E.
Old Aug 15, 16, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by safigan View Post
If you have rental property then you probably have a Schedule E.
I haven't filed the schedule E yet. I rented out the property early this year.
Old Aug 15, 16, 3:53 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Is that one transfer "suspended" or is your account locked.
Old Aug 15, 16, 3:54 pm

I haven't filed the schedule E yet. I rented out the property early this year.
When did you get the business card?
Old Aug 15, 16, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
Is that one transfer "suspended" or is your account locked.
I added my new partner to my account and transferred the points to his airline account. The account is not locked out but i believe the transfer is "suspended" until I provide the required documents.
Old Aug 15, 16, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader View Post
When did you get the business card?
I got the business card atleast couple of years back but i didn't have any real business sofar.
Old Aug 15, 16, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG Plat
I added my new partner to my account and transferred the points to his airline account. The account is not locked out but i believe the transfer is "suspended" until I provide the required documents.
Did you add your partner recently just before the transfer?
Old Aug 15, 16, 5:36 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Let your CPA handle it, he can show an estimate for your income, and a deprecation schedule.

Let him call the Chase Rep,
Old Aug 15, 16, 5:40 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
If you can still transfer/use points I would get all your points out ASAP if you are not going to be able to supply that info
Old Aug 15, 16, 5:40 pm

Okay, so you got a business card for a business that did not exist and now you have added a partner to the non-existent business in a manner that might suggest to Chase that you have sold your points?
Good luck!
Old Aug 15, 16, 5:58 pm

For clarity, are they asking you for all three or just one of them?
Old Aug 16, 16, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Send in a notarized copy of the lease/rental agreement.

It should take care of the issue.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: