FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase account suspension: INK UR transfer to someone not co-owner or household member (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1784904-chase-account-suspension-ink-ur-transfer-someone-not-co-owner-household-member.html)

ramamosn Aug 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Chase account suspension: INK UR transfer to someone not co-owner or household member

I transferred the Chase UR points to my partner and now I received a letter from Chase informing me, the Chase UR reward transfer is suspended until I provide the following info:

Form 1040 schedule C, E or F
Form 1065 or 1120s of the business tax returns or
Other official document showing ownership of the business, such as an operating agreement, a shareholder agreement or a partnership agreement.

If I don't provide any of the documents, all my accounts will be closed.

I don't have any legitimate business but I do have a rental property on my name. Please help.

Thanks.

invalyd Aug 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn (Post 27068854)
I transferred the Chase UR points to my partner and now I received a letter from Chase informing me, the Chase UR reward transfer is suspended until I provide the following info:

Other official document showing ownership of the business, such as an operating agreement, a shareholder agreement or a partnership agreement.

I don't have any legitimate business but I do have a rental property on my name. Please help.

Thanks.

You might be able to correct this by presenting either a DBA license to the bank, or changing the name of the account to reflect your real name instead of the business name.

Source: was told my recently opened business account would be frozen unless I changed the name to match my legal name, according to my banker a new rule for sole prop business accounts that went into effect August 1st.

farnorthtrader Aug 15, 2016 2:18 pm

Assuming that you gave them honest information on the application, just send them the schedule they asked for.

safigan Aug 15, 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks.

If you have rental property then you probably have a Schedule E.

ramamosn Aug 15, 2016 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by safigan (Post 27068886)
If you have rental property then you probably have a Schedule E.

I haven't filed the schedule E yet. I rented out the property early this year.

flyer4512 Aug 15, 2016 3:53 pm

Is that one transfer "suspended" or is your account locked.

farnorthtrader Aug 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn (Post 27068895)
I haven't filed the schedule E yet. I rented out the property early this year.

When did you get the business card?

ramamosn Aug 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 27069412)
Is that one transfer "suspended" or is your account locked.

I added my new partner to my account and transferred the points to his airline account. The account is not locked out but i believe the transfer is "suspended" until I provide the required documents.

ramamosn Aug 15, 2016 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader (Post 27069418)
When did you get the business card?

I got the business card atleast couple of years back but i didn't have any real business sofar.

frudd38 Aug 15, 2016 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn (Post 27069723)
I added my new partner to my account and transferred the points to his airline account. The account is not locked out but i believe the transfer is "suspended" until I provide the required documents.

Did you add your partner recently just before the transfer?

satman40 Aug 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Let your CPA handle it, he can show an estimate for your income, and a deprecation schedule.

Let him call the Chase Rep,

flyer4512 Aug 15, 2016 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn (Post 27069723)

If you can still transfer/use points I would get all your points out ASAP if you are not going to be able to supply that info

farnorthtrader Aug 15, 2016 5:40 pm

Okay, so you got a business card for a business that did not exist and now you have added a partner to the non-existent business in a manner that might suggest to Chase that you have sold your points?
Good luck!

MDJennings Aug 15, 2016 5:58 pm

For clarity, are they asking you for all three or just one of them?

garykung Aug 16, 2016 12:41 am

Send in a notarized copy of the lease/rental agreement.

It should take care of the issue.