Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase account suspension: INK UR transfer to someone not co-owner or household member

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase account suspension: INK UR transfer to someone not co-owner or household member

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
Send in a notarized copy of the lease/rental agreement.

It should take care of the issue.
Thank you all.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Okay, so you got a business card for a business that did not exist and now you have added a partner to the non-existent business in a manner that might suggest to Chase that you have sold your points?
Good luck!
If he sold points then it clearly goes against the T&C...but that is not what he is saying happened. If he has a business card but didn't have a business he probably read one of the numerous threads on FT suggesting how you can apply for a business card even without an actual business. I never applied for one of the many business cards hyped here and on various FF blogger sites it but it clearly was a popular topic that I am sure many people got lured in by.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:29 am

i could have sworn that read that points in Ink+ can only be transferred to Account Holder or the owner of whatever company it is opened in...

But they asked for proof of business though so idk if anything i said applies...

Im curious what i would do too as i dont have an official business... i wonder if i can prove via 1099 forms...
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ramamosn
Thank you all.
I know this issue has not come up with your issue from Chase.

But you should be prepared to explain your relationship with your partner, as Chase restricts UR transfer among people.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Received a letter from Chase reg. my BUSINESS card: "After reviewing your account, we noticed that you may have transferred some of your Chase Ultimate Rewards points to an ineligible user. As a result, we suspended your ability to transfer points." The letter says that they will lift the suspension if I send them documents that the person I transferred my points to lives at the same address with me. "If we do not receive the requested documents within 30 days from the date of this letter, or if there is any misrepresentation, we may close this and any other accounts you have with us."

The point is that it's a BUSINESS card and my transfer was to an associate who is outside of the country. Should I contact them to explain this? Will they demand any other documents?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by al613
The point is that it's a BUSINESS card and my transfer was to an associate who is outside of the country. Should I contact them to explain this? Will they demand any other documents?
Per Chase's T&Cs:

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household or owner of the company, as applicable.
An associate is an ineligible third party. If Chase goes by the book, your account will be closed eventually.

What's the point anyway?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:55 pm

Per Chase's T&Cs:
An associate is an ineligible third party. If Chase goes by the book, your account will be closed eventually.

What's the point anyway?
The question if anyone had any experience with Chase Business card transfers to non owners?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The question if anyone had any experience with Chase Business card transfers to non owners?
While I understand your question literally, the real question you actually want to ask is if anyone has ever successfully escaped from the unavoidable.

The answer is pretty much obvious.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:35 pm

While I understand your question literally, the real question you actually want to ask is if anyone has ever successfully escaped from the unavoidable.

The answer is pretty much obvious.
So, no one escaped it as long as they have received the letter? Sounds pretty sad.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:15 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

You can read more about account closures here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
So, no one escaped it as long as they have received the letter? Sounds pretty sad.
If your associate is a legit co-owner of your business that would be easy to prove to Chase. If he/she is not you broke the rules and will suffer the consequences. Don't think there is a loophole.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by philemer
If your associate is a legit co-owner of your business that would be easy to prove to Chase. If he/she is not you broke the rules and will suffer the consequences. Don't think there is a loophole.
I do understand this. My question is if anyone here had a similar experience.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I do understand this. My question is if anyone here had a similar experience.
Yes. See examples in thread linked three posts above.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Yes. See examples in thread linked three posts above.
In other word - account closure.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
You can read more about account closures here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html
Yes account closure for not following T&C's!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.