Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
It is a keeper to me, no brainer. For the spending rewards, all will be on either CSR or AmEx Plat. With the $10k spending bonus is gone, I won't put on charges other than RC stays.

For most people, the AF is $450. After the $300 travel credit, it is a $150 AF card. The annual hotel night is worth well above $150. And we get $100 airfare credit, Global Entry credit and MR Gold. For most people the new RC is better with the annual hotel night.

For the first year, RC should get MR Plat. Then we'll have to earn the MR Plat.
AND, the 3 club level upgrades (generally cost around $200/night), plus for me the old $395 fee, make it a double no brainer. Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:40 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I have moved your post into the thread discussing this card. You may wish to begin by reading THIS post for a summary of how the card will change in August, and the read forward to see what others think about it.

Originally Posted by Coinguy
.... I also am not sure what the merger with Starwood and Marriott means for this card?

Anyone know something we should?[/left]
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Lower Credit Limits How Long Before Applying?

Originally Posted by beachfan
There is always a chance. Offer to lower the limits on existing cards. That used to work all the time in the old days, not sure now. Advice seems to be to lower the limits on your open cards before applyinng so they can give you more.
My 6 Chase cards, including the Ink, have a current combined credit limit of $45K on annual income of $170K. Other banks' cards have probably $80K of credit. My Chase balances are extremely low while a few of the other banks' cards have high balances while I take advantage of % APR deals.

Should I lower my Chase limits, the other banks' limits, or both? If so, is a week before applying enough time?

Thanks......

Last edited by Explore; Jul 13, 2018 at 9:21 pm Reason: update
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:26 pm

This was posted over in the Ritz Carlton forum.

Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
My 6 Chase cards, including the Ink, have a current combined credit limit of $45K on annual income of $170K. Other banks' cards have probably $80K of credit. My Chase balances are extremely low while a few of the other banks' cards have high balances while I take advantage of % APR deals.

Should I lower my Chase limits, the other banks' limits, or both? If so, is a week before applying enough time?

Thanks......
if you lower other banks’, you have to wait for the statement to post I believe for chase to see the credit reduction.

If you lower your limits with chase before hand like I did, be careful go still have enough credit to move around as they still wouldn’t give me any more credit in recon so I had to siphon another $10k off.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by nall
This was posted over in the Ritz Carlton forum.

"Automatic Marriot Rewards Gold Elite Status; you no longer need to spend $10,000 each year to maintain your Gold Status."

LOL. I love how they always spin a downgrade as an upgrade. Maybe it's worth everyone calling the number they provide (and encourage you to call) to complain about this. Not a terrible new card overall, but the path to new gold (platinum elite) is closed past 2019, without hitting 50 nights, at the moment.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by applesauce
LOL. I love how they always spin a downgrade as an upgrade. Maybe it's worth everyone calling the number they provide (and encourage you to call) to complain about this. Not a terrible new card overall, but the path to new gold (platinum elite) is closed past 2019, without hitting 50 nights, at the moment.
I'm obviously not happy about it, but they give you 15 elite nights for free. Someone who really values and utilizes the platinum status can hopefully make the remaining 35.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:27 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I'm obviously not happy about it, but they give you 15 elite nights for free. Someone who really values and utilizes the platinum status can hopefully make the remaining 35.
That is only a teaser. Now they make you work really hard to stay the 35 nights. Much easier with the RC/MR/SPG stay/nights together and the unlimited $3,000 night credit. For folks who do not stay at hotel often, the 15 night credit is worth nothing.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Starwood,Delta, Ritz,
Just about to apply but...

I was about to apply for this card. It’s worht the $75k spend to get Platinum across the Starwood chain. I still have 200,000 spg points.

I was holding back Incase this was about to change. If I apply now and reach the $75k in a year do I still get global spg/RC platinum?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
That is only a teaser. Now they make you work really hard to stay the 35 nights. Much easier with the RC/MR/SPG stay/nights together and the unlimited $3,000 night credit. For folks who do not stay at hotel often, the 15 night credit is worth nothing.
If you don't stay at hotels often why does it even matter if you have platinum status?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:53 pm

If you don't stay at hotels often why does it even matter if you have platinum status?
Some of us stay maybe 15-25 nights a year, but value complimentary breakfast or lounge access.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:14 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Do you have to pay to stay at hotel?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:15 pm

Well I hit my $10k and my statement closes the 22nd. We'll see what happens come next month.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:44 pm

Do you have to pay to stay at hotel?
I'm with you @RedSun, still a keeper if i never set foot in a marriott/ritz/spg again(ok maybe a few times a year). New Hyatt card is interesting and may solve your problem if you can handle their footprint and spend. Just ordering my last T+P packages today. As a casual marriott/spg user, I'm not happy but the free night and other benefits of this card more than make up the AF going forward.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
i had my free night lapse and its been almost 3 months -I sent a message to marriott but never heard back about extending - do i still have any luck if i call a line directly? which line is my best bet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.