Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I am just curious what people use for the $300 travel credit. Last year I bought $75 AA gift cards (although the transaction description said gift card) and got the credits. I am curious if AA gift card still works. I saw somewhere that Delta gift card does not work but southwest still works. I would like to buy AA gift cards over SW.
I had some cheap regional flights that were $100-150 each that I was able to use it for last year. Haven't done it this year yet.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
I had some cheap regional flights that were $100-150 each that I was able to use it for last year. Haven't done it this year yet.
Which airline was it?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Which airline was it?
VietJet Air, Hong Kong Air, Rian Air, and Aitalia.

I just told them seat upgrades.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
VietJet Air, Hong Kong Air, Rian Air, and Aitalia.

I just told them seat upgrades.
Good to know. Thank you!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Got a few questions about the Priority Pass, and I'm sorry if it has been answered somewhere.

1. How many authorized users can I add that can get Priority Pass?
2. Do I need to call to request the membership or will it be automatic?
3. If I keep my credit cards next year, will Priority Pass automatically renew or do I need to request new cards?

Thanks.

Last edited by ycc777; Jan 28, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by ycc777
Got a few questions about the Priority Pass, and I'm sorry if it has been answered somewhere.

1. How many authorized users can I add that can get Priority Pass?
2. Do I need to call to request the membership or will it be automatic?
3. If I keep my credit cards next year, will Priority Pass automatically renew or do I need to request new cards?

Thanks.
1) not really sure if there is a limit. but i wouldnt add 10 random people in one go. i have 3 AUs myself added over time
2) for all cases, i find myself needing to call to nudge them to issue PP card to me
3) the new PP card with new expiration date appear to come by itself.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:15 pm

So I'm currently able to get the Ritz again and got two things on my mind (1) it's only 2 free nights and won't be matched to 3, but (2) it's possible the card is discontinued at some point this year and who knows with what type of notice.

Anyone in a similar position and have thoughts on what they're planning to do? I'm in decision paralysis.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Chase has a good track record that when a card is discontinued they keep it going for those with it. Like the presidential plus card, etc.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:25 pm

My AF is coming up in Feb/March. I've already used the $300 credit and received this year's PP membership. Is there any reason I should continue holding the card and pay the AF $450? Or are the remaining benefits not really worth the $450? I am not wealthy enough to stay at Ritz properties and make use of the Ritz-related benefits, and I also don't foresee buying 4+ domestic round trip 2+ person itineraries. Any thoughts would be tremendously appreciated.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by teammelli8080
...received this year's PP membership....
If you close the credit card the Priority Pass membership will be promptly cancelled.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by teammelli8080
My AF is coming up in Feb/March. I've already used the $300 credit and received this year's PP membership. Is there any reason I should continue holding the card and pay the AF $450? Or are the remaining benefits not really worth the $450? I am not wealthy enough to stay at Ritz properties and make use of the Ritz-related benefits, and I also don't foresee buying 4+ domestic round trip 2+ person itineraries. Any thoughts would be tremendously appreciated.
Probably not if you're not flying or staying at the Ritz. The club upgrade certificates would be where you would be getting the greatest value.
Biggie Fries and danbnash like this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:29 am

I was able to get Customer Service to match the 3 night offer. I opened the account on Oct 25th 2017 and immediately called the next day to request a match of the 3 night offer. The representative noted the account to match the offer. I had to call 3 times over the last 3 months in order to check the status but the offer was finally matched last week. Thanks to everyone on the forum for letting me know that an offer match was possible. I will be holding on to the card but am now debating whether I should keep the Citi Prestige since there is overlap and I already have the AMEX Plat.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by teddyo1971
I was able to get Customer Service to match the 3 night offer. I opened the account on Oct 25th 2017 and immediately called the next day to request a match of the 3 night offer. The representative noted the account to match the offer. I had to call 3 times over the last 3 months in order to check the status but the offer was finally matched last week. Thanks to everyone on the forum for letting me know that an offer match was possible. I will be holding on to the card but am now debating whether I should keep the Citi Prestige since there is overlap and I already have the AMEX Plat.
I have all of these cards. The main reason I keep the Citi Prestige is the fourth night free hotel stays. If your travel patterns are different, ymmv. cheers.

Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Trip cancellation insurance on airfare as hedge on advanced purchase hotels?

Work with me on this, people. Please.

I am looking at two different trips to Europe. In both cases:
  1. I am going and so is my wife.
  2. We are flying together -- same flights -- on AA award tickets. But our tickets are booked separately.
  3. All tickets are one-way: Both to Europe and then back from Europe. Different cities in one case, but self-contained go-there, come-back itineraries, even if ticketed separately.
  4. All award ticketing fees -- sometimes as small as $5.60 for one of the roundtrips -- purchased using a common Ritz-Carlton Chase Visa. My wife is primary cardholder; I am AU; to be honest I haven't checked whether the same name was on the card for all tickets, although the number is the same on these cards. Now that I think about it, we had to have used the one with her name on it for the tickets with miles drawn from her AA account, and the one with my name on it with miles drawn from my account, because I'm pretty sure that AA insists that the credit card have the account holder's name when using AA miles for an award.
Also in both cases, we want to stay in some pricey hotels. Pricey enough that I want to save money. One way I will save money is booking four-night stays with Citi Prestige for fourth nights free. I mention this here to be explicit that hotels on trip are not being paid by Chase Ritz-Carlton Visa card.

The other way I am thinking of saving money is by booking some of these hotels -- those where we will be there four nights, but also others -- as Advanced Purchase (AP, i.e., as non-refundable). This is not my usual practice. My usual thinking if that something happens for a trip last minute (and by something I mean the kind of health stuff covered by credit card travel insurance, especially as it pertains to the health of senior family members of close enough kinship to one of us to qualify for need to cancel trip), then at worst we are out (in addition to the stricken family member) $300x2 for the change fees on air tickets, plus maybe the first hotel night of the trip. Plus even the change fee ought to come back from the credit card, as long as I didn't stupidly charge the tickets to Amex.

When I read the terms associated with this card, it sure looks to me that even though we are only paying some chump change on the air tickets, that having done so with this wonderful card, if we need to cancel the trip for a covered reason, they would reimburse us (up to some limit) for non-refundable hotel costs. Is this true? I keep wondering why no one in the blogosphere has made the connection between non-refundable versus refundable hotels and trip cancellation insurance with this card (or other cards) for airfare. There is language about how points (miles) are only reimbursed if they are Chase UR, or through their sites, but I am not worrying about that too much on these AA award tickets. Sure there would be redeposit fees, but what I am concerned about here is what I would be on the hool for with the hotels.

Finally, I don't think anything is too relevant in the 1 to 4 background points at the beginning except that while I don't see specific language in this card regarding need to have defined the trip via a roundtrip airline ticket, I'm wondering if having the tickets with one-way legs might be a dealbreaker here.

Thanks in advance for insights and advice, from experience, their own investigation, or whatever....
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
...One way I will save money is booking four-night stays with Citi Prestige for fourth nights free....
Have you looked at Prestige's insurance benefits which are, in some ways, stronger than Chase's ?

http://i.info4.citi.com/wpm/100164/PDF/Guide11.pdf

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.