Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by sig05
Sorry, I said January and meant it as a little tongue-in-cheek.

The 75k spend is calendar year only, so the earlier you can get it done the better. I believe it is 75k on statement close, but you should be able to search the thread for clarification of real-time spend vs. closing statement.
I thought it was card member year? Or am I misreading this:

Enjoy Platinum Elite benefits of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, such as arrival gifts, room guarantees and more, when you spend $75,000 on purchases each account year.*
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:45 am

Delta

Any updates or data points for Delta GC purchases that can be reimbursed using the annual credit?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Vhflyer

Enjoy Platinum Elite benefits of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, such as arrival gifts, room guarantees and more, when you spend $75,000 on purchases each account year.*
You may be right and I probably misremembered. I thought it was calendar year, but the T&C should answer it for you.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Vhflyer

I'm really confused about this as well. I'm going to go for Platinum with spend and also would like to ensure maximum coverage. My card opening date is October, and my statement closes around the first of every month. My annual fee gets billed on the November 1 statements.

It seems to me this means I could spend some in November and December, and then finish in Jan-March (for example) and I would be Plat until the end of 2019. But I'm not sure. I think the safest thing to do might be to wait until the beginning of calendar year 2018 to start the spending, though that means I probably can't complete it until mid-2018.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:55 am

Per T&C:

Platinum Elite Status
Each account anniversary year you make Net Purchases totaling $75,000 or more you will qualify for Platinum Elite Status through December 31 of the following year. "Account anniversary year" means the year beginning with your account open date through the anniversary of your account open date, and each 12 months after that.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:13 pm

It is still not entirely clear. The question is from when is "through December 31 of the following year" calculated? Is it the year following when you put the first dollar of the $75,000 on your card, or the year following when you put the last of the $75,000 on your card? Or, put another way, the December 31 of the year following your anniversary year the December 31 of the last day of your anniverary year? That's how I would think a normal person would read it, for sure. So, assume June 1 anniversary date:

June 1, 2017 Anniversary.
September 1, 2017: Charge $37,500
March 1, 2018: Charge $37,500

Status good until 12/31/18 or 12/31/19?

I think we can all agree that it should be the last dollar or the last day of the anniversary year, so 2019, but that's what people thought about the $40k Diamond spend on the Hilton Citi card. It turned out they eventually honored it that way, but not without some having to call. Obviously Chase and Citi are different.

If my anniversary date were in June, I would probably just assume this is going to be the case and not worry about it. But, as I said, with a November anniversary date, there's really no downside to my waiting a couple of months start my spend, to be absolutely sure, to avoid having to chase status.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by lkar
It is still not entirely clear. The question is from when is "through December 31 of the following year" calculated? Is it the year following when you put the first dollar of the $75,000 on your card, or the year following when you put the last of the $75,000 on your card? Or, put another way, the December 31 of the year following your anniversary year the December 31 of the last day of your anniverary year? That's how I would think a normal person would read it, for sure. So, assume June 1 anniversary date:

I think we can all agree that it should be the last dollar or the last day of the anniversary year, so 2019, but that's what people thought about the $40k Diamond spend on the Hilton Citi card. It turned out they eventually honored it that way, but not without some having to call. Obviously Chase and Citi are different.

If my anniversary date were in June, I would probably just assume this is going to be the case and not worry about it. But, as I said, with a November anniversary date, there's really no downside to my waiting a couple of months start my spend, to be absolutely sure, to avoid having to chase status.
12/31/19.

I still have status from May 2016 spend despite just usin the card at Marriott affiliated hotels and on discount airfares since then.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by lkar

12/31/19. The anniversary year is on June 1, 2018. Status is granted through Dec 31 of the following year.

You have 12 months to spend $75k...the clock starts on your open date and ends 12 months later on your anniversary date. This is your anniversary year.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:55 pm

Ok, good. Now I just need to figure out how to spend $75k.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by UserMark
I called several times today about the alleged offer for 3 free nights that was supposed to start today. Only one time the agent said there was such a thing, but when she connected me to the application department, over there they couldn't find it.
One of the agents said there was supposed to be a new offer starting on the 23rd for points, not nights, but he didn't say anything else. So... this info they're giving me doesn't seem to be that reliable, but I guess we'll find out in 5 days if any of it is true.
Has anyone seen a point offer ?

Originally Posted by rbears
Ooh points! That would be exciting, maybe the 140k offer will live again. Better yet, if both a 3 night offer and points were options.

Have any NEW applicants had luck with the lowering CL to avoid fee method?
How does lowering the CL avoid the ( I'm assuming) annual fee ?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:25 pm

I asked about the point offer today. A couple of reps couldn't see it, but they did see the 3 night offer which started on the 18th (which they couldn't on the 18th). So there may be a small delay after an offer starts until the reps can see it. Just guessing of course.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
If there is a points offer on this card, I jump right on it. I don't like vouchers (Ritz or Marriott) as they tend to expire on me.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
If there is a points offer on this card, I jump right on it. I don't like vouchers (Ritz or Marriott) as they tend to expire on me.

I would rather add ~140K points to my account towards my next Marriott TP
JHake10 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:46 pm

If I avoid the annual fee, any chance of Chase, Visa, or benefit servicers later turning down card benefit claims like insurance, purchase protection, etc.?

On travel insurance, many aspects look comparable to Allianz's annual plans. I haven't bought yet but wondering if having this card or CSR is comprehensive enough.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:08 pm

I've been eye balling this card for a little bit, unfortunately after the public 3 night offer had already disappeared. Is it advised to call in and inquire about the 3 night offer before applying online? Or just just apply online and send a SM?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.