Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by SoloExperiment
I was declined twice for a match to 100k for CIP, and approved the third time with an instant deposit of 20k UR. I really don't think it can hurt to try a few times SM'ing
Quick update. I didn't SM but when I called to ask for my card to be sent to expedited, I asked about the three night offer. They were able to find the offer and said to call them back once I hit 5k spend. They made a note of it in the file so sounds like it will work.

Thanks for for the suggestions!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:56 am

Received another priority pass membership card at card anniversary...is this normal?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Vhflyer
Quick update. I didn't SM but when I called to ask for my card to be sent to expedited, I asked about the three night offer. They were able to find the offer and said to call them back once I hit 5k spend. They made a note of it in the file so sounds like it will work.

Thanks for for the suggestions!
Great news! I stand corrected.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Troopers
Received another priority pass membership card at card anniversary...is this normal?
Don't the Chase RC PP cards have a shorter expiration than the Citi ones?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:48 pm

Im going into my second year, got my new PP card a couple days ago. Should i wait until anniversary hits for retention or call now? I have 1500 CL and I'm hoping there is no AF charged, not sure how to play this. All help appreciated.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:21 pm

I called to ask about the 3 night offer, and the rep said that this offer will be back on August 18th.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by UserMark
I called to ask about the 3 night offer, and the rep said that this offer will be back on August 18th.

Hope it comes back, although I prefer points (140k a few years ago).
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by bmms8
Im going into my second year, got my new PP card a couple days ago. Should i wait until anniversary hits for retention or call now? I have 1500 CL and I'm hoping there is no AF charged, not sure how to play this. All help appreciated.

Anyone? Thanks
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by bmms8
Anyone? Thanks
Don't call unless the af hits. I'd avoid manual review of the acct so long as you're under the radar.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Don't call unless the af hits. I'd avoid manual review of the acct so long as you're under the radar.
This.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Thanks!

Originally Posted by skipss
This.

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Originally Posted by Vhflyer
Just got approval for the Ritz Carlton CC on 7/24 but my SM request for the third night offer was declined. Is it possible to send another SM or call in or am I out of luck?
I would try again. It seems that HUCA sometimes works wonders.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum; AA 2+MM; National Exec Elite
I'm a 1st time card holder with (approved July 2017). I've paid the AF and hit >$10K in the 1st month. I sent a SMS over the weekend asking for a 3rd complementary night. I received a response this morning that my request was approved, and the 3rd night has already been applied to my account. I've also paid my balance and reduced the CL to $1500. Hoping to share good news later this week on the outcome.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AA PLT
Just signed up for this card and cannot find the answer anywhere - is priority pass membership automatically processed for the primary cardholder? I have a trip coming up on 8/27 I'd like to use my new PP for. Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by BP908
Just signed up for this card and cannot find the answer anywhere - is priority pass membership automatically processed for the primary cardholder? I have a trip coming up on 8/27 I'd like to use my new PP for. Thanks!
You have to call in and request it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.