Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Pro;Ritz Carlton Ambassador;Hilton Silver: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
You are missing the free night and the $100 discount on domestic roundtrip airfare for more than 2 passengers (unlimited use).

Despite what I pretend to be on my calls with Chase, this one is a no brainer a keeper for me (especially as I'm grandfathered to the old rate).
I was wondering about this too. How long will we be grandfathered in to the $395 AF? I wouldn't be surprised if that goes away, though I hope not.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:32 am

Does anyone know if Chase is able to send a replacement solid metal version. They dont seem to know the difference between the 'CSR' metal and the full metal that this was.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The change in material was first reported last September. I cannot see why Chase would instruct their card fabricator to go back to using a different style for a discontinued product.
Ali380 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:50 am

When is cert attached and is it normal to have points deducted first?

Just made a reservation at a 50,000 point hotel. It looks like Marriott deducted 50,000 points even though I want to use my annual free night certificate. “This reservation has e-certificates.” Is it normal for Marriott to deduct the points (and then presumably refund them after the stay), or what?I can call Bonvoy but trust you experts more. TIA.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by jeepie
Just made a reservation at a 50,000 point hotel. It looks like Marriott deducted 50,000 points even though I want to use my annual free night certificate. “This reservation has e-certificates.” Is it normal for Marriott to deduct the points (and then presumably refund them after the stay), or what?I can call Bonvoy but trust you experts more. TIA.
When you reserve online there’s a button to redeem the free night or points. Do you mean you picked that and still you were charged?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
No that is not how it works.

As indicated above when you make the reservation (on the last page) you would have an option to attach a certificate already in your account to the reservation.

I suggest make another reservation attach the certificate, and then cancel the original one.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by rrgg

When you reserve online there’s a button to redeem the free night or points. Do you mean you picked that and still you were charged?
Thanks. I believe I did. It also says:
“Your Reward certificates will be sent to your hotel.”
I might take the other advice to make another reservation and then cancel. I’d also have to get an SNA request back, etc.
Perhaps I’ll take my chances and call the # on the back of the card, and likely get transferred (hopefully to someone capable) at Bonvoy.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:22 pm

Circling back with thanks to you both. Called Ritz Carlton, they connected me to Bonvoy rep, who seemed quite knowledgeable. She couldn’t see why they took the points, but she credited me back the 50k, then attached the cert. All set!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Thanks. I believe I did. It also says:
“Your Reward certificates will be sent to your hotel.”

For future reference - this is a generic Marriott speak. Every award reservation have a certificate attached to it - be it the free night certificate from the credit card, or a certificate that was generated using the points. Once the reservation is booked there is really no good way to know which is which.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:02 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
For future reference - this is a generic Marriott speak. Every award reservation have a certificate attached to it - be it the free night certificate from the credit card, or a certificate that was generated using the points. Once the reservation is booked there is really no good way to know which is which.
You can always call to ask which certificate this is. Rep will be happy to help.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The change in material was first reported last September. I cannot see why Chase would instruct their card fabricator to go back to using a different style for a discontinued product.
Yeah I figured maybe the CS rep was confused.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Plat
recently called to use the airline credit and it seems the card has been devalued further. wait times were very long (no longer going straight to the executive line) and the agents seemed to be for the CSR. it took a long time for them to figure out how to process the airline credit as they told me it should be automatic (like the CSR I assume).
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by runningformqm
recently called to use the airline credit and it seems the card has been devalued further. wait times were very long (no longer going straight to the executive line) and the agents seemed to be for the CSR. it took a long time for them to figure out how to process the airline credit as they told me it should be automatic (like the CSR I assume).
The secure message center is still a very easy way to get your airline credits.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:03 pm

I called in to move some credit lines around and they allowed me to move all of my Ritz credit out and leave only $500. I didn't do it since my annual fee already hit but I wonder if this means the credit line trick could possibly work again? Or did they fix their systems and it'll just charge anyway.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by phant0m
I called in to move some credit lines around and they allowed me to move all of my Ritz credit out and leave only $500. I didn't do it since my annual fee already hit but I wonder if this means the credit line trick could possibly work again? Or did they fix their systems and it'll just charge anyway.
It only works to avoid the first AF and on some occasions the second annual fee. I’ve seen the first AF credit back if it’s already been charged but I haven’t seen this happen with the second, as the window of time is very small.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.