Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Does the free night award benefit applies to original card holder? I just realized I didn't get it last year when it was announced and I didn't get it this year either at my account anniversary.
Old May 20, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by sammyindc
Does the free night award benefit applies to original card holder? I just realized I didn't get it last year when it was announced and I didn't get it this year either at my account anniversary.
You should get it this year. Wait 4-8 weeks after card anniversary. However most people are getting it soon after anniversary.
Old May 22, 2019, 8:04 pm

What's the longest anyone has wanted for their travel statement credit to actually post, once a CSR has approved it? Usually they seem to show up within several business days, but I'm almost at a month now for this latest one.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by nall
What's the longest anyone has wanted for their travel statement credit to actually post, once a CSR has approved it? Usually they seem to show up within several business days, but I'm almost at a month now for this latest one.
Double-check that it wasn't back-dated to the date of the purchase against which it was credited. I had a CSR do that once and it took me a bit to find it.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Double-check that it wasn't back-dated to the date of the purchase against which it was credited. I had a CSR do that once and it took me a bit to find it.
Not the case here. I've used it a few times recently, anyway, so it's easy to tell.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:54 am

For the award night upto 50k points, is it possible to 'buy up' to a 60k property with cash or points?
Old May 25, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Originally Posted by Ali380
For the award night upto 50k points, is it possible to 'buy up' to a 60k property with cash or points?
sadly, no.
Old May 25, 2019, 8:28 pm

For anyone who is wondering, I was able to product change my personal Marriott card to the ritz Carlton card this morning. You need a credit line of $10,000 in order to be eligible. They wouldn’t comment when asked specifically how much longer they’d allow such a change. I’m starting to think it might be... forever.
natieya likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by 3sgtekb
For anyone who is wondering, I was able to product change my personal Marriott card to the ritz Carlton card this morning. You need a credit line of $10,000 in order to be eligible. They wouldn’t comment when asked specifically how much longer they’d allow such a change. I’m starting to think it might be... forever.
Could it be that Chase aren't allowed to open new Bonvoy Lux accounts rather than cards?
Old May 26, 2019, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by sds1493
Could it be that Chase aren't allowed to open new Bonvoy Lux accounts rather than cards?
What? AMEX handles Starwood Luxury now Bonvoy Brilliant (so many confusing names) accounts and cards. As it is now Chase isn't "allowed" to offer new sign ups for the Ritz Carlton card. But they are able to make product changes within their own Marriott card portfolio for current clients. Upgrades/downgrades. For any product changes Chase wants the account to be open for 12+ months (Card ACT interpretation). And in the case of the Ritz card to also have a 10K credit line minimum (Visa Infinite). Those are the main requirements anyway.

Last edited by anam; May 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Old May 26, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
I'm sure this has been discussed before but i couldn't find it. Is it possible to use the club upgrades along with a government official or other discount such as ABA?
Old May 26, 2019, 12:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by m.photog
....possible to use the club upgrades along with a government official or other discount such as ABA?
I think the answer is in this post from 2016:

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
....club upgrade are bookable only into their own booking code (i.e., it is not adding the upgrade to the rate you have booked, but rather changing the reservation to the correct booking code - while usually is the same as BAR, it is not always the case), ...)
m.photog likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by mia
I think the answer is in this post from 2016:
Thanks for that information.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Wondering if worth keeping card. My annual renewal date is July 1. Let me know if I am missing anything. I am reluctant to cancel since this card is no longer open to new members. I do not travel on business so getting card mostly for lounge passes and free nights and plat status when I stay in Marriotts which is 2-3 times a year mostly. I don't use this card for everyday spend and already have SPG Amex card also. When I called customer service, they could not tell me if I was to receive annual free night award since the free night started August 26 and I was cardholder June 2018. Does anyone have insight if I would get free night if I keep card

Benefits for me
- $300 Travel Credit
- Free Priority pass for cardholder and 2 guests
- Unlimited additional users for free which means I can give lounge access to everyone of my family members.
- 1 global entry every 4 years
- Elite nights
- Club upgrades (already see in my account for 2020)

Cons
- no platinum status, only spend less than $10,000, so I am guessing Feb 2020 I will be downgraded to gold

Anything else? If I get the free night, that would justify the $450 fee since I look at it as $300 travel credit and paying $150 for the annual night plus the lounge access which I use 2-3 times a year and my family also. Just want to see if I missing anything before deciding to keep the card.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Wondering if worth keeping card. My annual renewal date is July 1. Let me know if I am missing anything. I am reluctant to cancel since this card is no longer open to new members. I do not travel on business so getting card mostly for lounge passes and free nights and plat status when I stay in Marriotts which is 2-3 times a year mostly. I don't use this card for everyday spend and already have SPG Amex card also. When I called customer service, they could not tell me if I was to receive annual free night award since the free night started August 26 and I was cardholder June 2018. Does anyone have insight if I would get free night if I keep card

Benefits for me
- $300 Travel Credit
- Free Priority pass for cardholder and 2 guests
- Unlimited additional users for free which means I can give lounge access to everyone of my family members.
- 1 global entry every 4 years
- Elite nights
- Club upgrades (already see in my account for 2020)

Cons
- no platinum status, only spend less than $10,000, so I am guessing Feb 2020 I will be downgraded to gold

Anything else? If I get the free night, that would justify the $450 fee since I look at it as $300 travel credit and paying $150 for the annual night plus the lounge access which I use 2-3 times a year and my family also. Just want to see if I missing anything before deciding to keep the card.
You are missing the free night and the $100 discount on domestic roundtrip airfare for more than 2 passengers (unlimited use).

Despite what I pretend to be on my calls with Chase, this one is a no brainer a keeper for me (especially as I'm grandfathered to the old rate).
Biggie Fries likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.