Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:25 am

Super late to the game

Hi guys! I realize but I am super late to the game. However, I was wondering which of the Bonvoy cards would be the best card to get with the intent of product changing it within a year? I know there are no guarantees that it will work, but I'm willing to take that chance.

I've been doing a lot of research about credit cards and it appears this is one of the only (if not the only) that allows you to use your travel credit on seat/class upgrades. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by natieya; Mar 26, 2019 at 11:26 am Reason: Typos
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by natieya
....which of the Bonvoy cards would be the best card to get with the intent of product changing ....
Chase issues only one card for Marriott:

https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott-credit-cards
natieya likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Chase issues only one card for Marriott:

https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott-credit-cards
Well that makes it clear. Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:08 pm

If I have the City National Bank Crystal card and an Amex Platinum (as far as premium cards go), would you still recommend I try for this card (by which I mean, the Bonvoy card and then PC after a year)? What are the main differences? I see a bit of overlap, but I also see the potential for really great rewards with the RC.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
If I have the City National Bank Crystal card and an Amex Platinum (as far as premium cards go), would you still recommend I try for this card (by which I mean, the Bonvoy card and then PC after a year)? What are the main differences? I see a bit of overlap, but I also see the potential for really great rewards with the RC.
The Ritz Carlton card has been closed for applications since July 2018. If you are interested in a different card, this is not the thread for it.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
The Ritz Carlton card has been closed for applications since July 2018. If you are interested in a different card, this is not the thread for it.
I was told there's a small chance that Chase will allow you to product change to it. I just applied to the Bonvoy Boundless and hope to PC it in a year to the RC if they let me. I'll be the DP for others to see if this works. We'll see what happens in 2020.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:00 pm

I was told there's a small chance that Chase will allow you to product change to it. I just applied to the Bonvoy Boundless and hope to PC it in a year to the RC if they let me. I'll be the DP for others to see if this works. We'll see what happens in 2020.
You are in the right place. SO contacted chase and they advised she could PC from the old Marriott card to the RC. She opted not too because she was looking for the point upgrade for the updated Marriott card before the Boundless transition. I believe other posters had success doing PC as well.
natieya likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Werty7777

You are in the right place. SO contacted chase and they advised she could PC from the old Marriott card to the RC. She opted not too because she was looking for the point upgrade for the updated Marriott card before the Boundless transition. I believe other posters had success doing PC as well.
My mistake, I misunderstood.

As for the research saying this is the only card that allows a travel credit to be used on seat fees, that's not true, as Amex does and I believe other cards do too.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:47 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

My mistake, I misunderstood.

As for the research saying this is the only card that allows a travel credit to be used on seat fees, that's not true, as Amex does and I believe other cards do too.
Read the details of the card features and benefits. Do not listen to what others say. This is an Visa Infinite card that has more features and benefits. Particularly the $100 airfare discount. The other card that has the same benefit is the City National Bank Crystal Card. But that card is even harder to get approved.

This card has an annual reward night up to 50k. This much better than the other Marriott/SPG cards that only offer 35k FN.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
Read the details of the card features and benefits. Do not listen to what others say. This is an Visa Infinite card that has more features and benefits. Particularly the $100 airfare discount. The other card that has the same benefit is the City National Bank Crystal Card. But that card is even harder to get approved.

This card has an annual reward night up to 50k. This much better than the other Marriott/SPG cards that only offer 35k FN.
I have the CNB Crystal card. It's a pretty great card. It won't allow me to pay for an airfare class upgrade with the travel incidentals credit, though. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) That's why I want the RC.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... won't allow me to pay for an airfare class upgrade with the travel incidentals credit, ....
Why does this matter? These credits are nothing other than a refund of your own money. As long as you obtain the refund it doesn't matter what activity qualified. It's makes no sense to open a new account and pay the fee, to get part of it back for a specific activity.
Adam1222 and RedSun like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
You mean the card she already said she had and was comparing it too? Yes.
I was responding to a specific statement made that other cards don't allow annual airline fee credits to be used on "seat" fees, which has nothing to do with the $100 airfare discount. She has now clarified she doesnt mean seat fees, but rather specific kinds of paid upgrade instruments.
But I agree, she needs to look at the listed benefits and make a determination for herself if its worth getting the Bonvoy card with the hope of getting a product change and the right to pay the annual fee, for whatever marginal benefits the card provides over her existing cards, including the CNB card. Many of the perks of this card (especially those that aren't on the Visa Infinite she already has) provide more or less value based on an individual's specific travel habits and preferences.
natieya likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by mia
Why does this matter? These credits are nothing other than a refund of your own money. As long as you obtain the refund it doesn't matter what activity qualified. It's makes no sense to open a new account and pay the fee, to get part of it back for a specific activity.
Some people would like the benefits of a premium card, and if you can get incidentals covered on one card vs another, could make a significant difference on the "net cost".
natieya likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:33 pm

You mean the card she already said she had and was comparing it too? Yes.
I was responding to a specific statement made that other cards don't allow annual airline fee credits to be used on "seat" fees, which has nothing to do with the $100 airfare discount. She has now clarified she doesnt mean seat fees, but rather specific kinds of paid upgrade instruments.
But I agree, she needs to look at the listed benefits and make a determination for herself if its worth getting the Bonvoy card with the hope of getting a product change and the right to pay the annual fee, for whatever marginal benefits the card provides over her existing cards, including the CNB card. Many of the perks of this card (especially those that aren't on the Visa Infinite she already has) provide more or less value based on an individual's specific travel habits and preferences.
Originally Posted by nall
Some people would like the benefits of a premium card, and if you can get incidentals covered on one card vs another, could make a significant difference on the "net cost".
Thank you both.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:03 pm

Has anyone received the new card? (Guess it’s the same card but without the words “Rewards” on it)

just wondering if if they started shipping them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.