Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by 350hp
Marriott sent me a twitter message saying that I haven't met my spending threshold. I called into JP Morgan Executive Line who said they are well aware of the issue and Marriott is working on a resolution. I insisted on having a conference call with Marriott. After a long pause an utterly incompetent rep from Marriott came on the line. She sounded like she was on the verge of breaking down. After a shouting match between her and the Chase rep, a supervisor came on the line and started screaming right off the bat. He referred to the Chase rep as the "guy on the line". Still no resolution and call dropped after that. What a disaster!

Some observations from the call:

1. Reps don't seem to understand that the old Gold status matched to Platinum. All they care about are the words "Gold". You were gold and still are gold, go away is the attitude.
2. They CAN see a history of your status. Every time I ask them to check my status on March 3, they seem to be confused about how I was Platinum.
3. They can only see the nights credited by your credit card. They don't seem to understand that some cards like the Ritz give status directly instead of night credits. The automatic upgrades seem to be happening in the background.

Can anyone help me with this, please?
Send an email to the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker and they can escalate. I find their normal chain of command is horrid and incompetent.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Call Marriott and they will be able to tell you. It is in its system. But they would not able to tell the changes from the RC card.
Looks like my status is good until Jan 31, 2020. We'll see how much the status is worth this year since I have a bunch of upcoming stays. However, they're mostly at Ritz Carltons so I'm mostly aiming for nice upgrades.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:36 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by phant0m
Looks like my status is good until Jan 31, 2020. We'll see how much the status is worth this year since I have a bunch of upcoming stays. However, they're mostly at Ritz Carltons so I'm mostly aiming for nice upgrades.
If this is from Marriott, then it confirms what I've been saying. Marriott told me my status is good to Jan 31,2020. But several people kept disputing that, but say that the status should change by end of February each year.

I do with whatever Marriott told me.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by RedSun
If this is from Marriott, then it confirms what I've been saying. Marriott told me my status is good to Jan 31,2020. But several people kept disputing that, but say that the status should change by end of February each year.

I do with whatever Marriott told me.
Not really red sun given that nobody's status changes on 2/1. Historically, it has always been 3/1. I'm not the only one to report this. But I feel like we are beating a dead horse here.

AND, I personally wouldn't always just take what one Marriott rep says as the truth. If I had done that, I wouldn't be back to Platinum now.
krazykanuck and nexusCFX like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Not really red sun given that nobody's status changes on 2/1. Historically, it has always been 3/1. I'm not the only one to report this. But I feel like we are beating a dead horse here.

AND, I personally wouldn't always just take what one Marriott rep says as the truth. If I had done that, I wouldn't be back to Platinum now.
I don't know why this Jan 31 date keeps coming up. It was mentioned by a Marriott rep? As if Marriott reps are infallible and never just make things up. As you said, the status year has gone until end of February since forever, including this year when all status changes were processed in batches at the very start of March.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:47 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by pharmawalk

That was the Marriott rep said. I know you do not have to believe them. But they are the ones who upgrade and downgrade you.

We move on.... One month does not matter.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by phant0m
Send an email to the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker and they can escalate. I find their normal chain of command is horrid and incompetent.
I emailed Bonvoy Lurker two weeks ago about the downgrade from Platinum to Gold. No update so far.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K, SPG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globablist, Mlife Gold, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by happychic
I emailed Bonvoy Lurker two weeks ago about the downgrade from Platinum to Gold. No update so far.
I'm in the same situation and decided to send in an update request to the lurker. She very specifically mentioned that I needed to have met the $10k spend by the 8/26/18 deadline. I assured her that I qualified and was told to wait till 3/25 for my account to be reinstated. Let's hope 3/25 is the magic date!!

Last edited by bosca418; Mar 20, 2019 at 10:21 pm
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: AS 75K, SPG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globablist, Mlife Gold, Caesar's Diamond
Account was reinstated two days ago!
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:26 am

Congratulations to those who have been reinstated. I'm still waiting (and contacting Marriott again). Is anyone else still stuck at Gold (who should be Platinum Elite)?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
I was downgraded for a few days but was reinstated with no action on my part
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:07 am

I also was restored to Platinum a couple of days ago - thanks Bonvoy Lurker!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Thanks Bonvoy Lurker and escalation desk. I was restored too, took about 10 days.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:16 pm

A big bunch of thanks to the Lurker team, my status does show that it has been restored to Platinum. It took a little more than 2 weeks, but all's good now.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:58 am

I was finally restored also and have to echo a big thanks to the Lurker team (finally had success going directly through Twitter). Interesting side note--before going the Twitter route, I called in (thought why not--almost for entertainment value). Interestingly, the CS rep was knowledgeable and understood right away what was going on. She then explained that she was from the Starwood side before the merger and would have been able to correct it right there on the spot if they still had the old system. But, Marriott took away that ability and centralized everything (which is the exact opposite of what many successful companies do, by the way), so things like this are getting backlogged into some central research team. She transferred me to someone who supposedly had fast track authority above the research team (in the "Affairs" office), but this person eventually just tried to deal with the same person who was handling my case and couldn't get him to respond either.

Later that day, I received a reply from the Lurker team on Twitter, clarified a few questions, and they seemed to have solved it right there on the spot (so they must have greater authority than the front line CS reps). Lesson learned--if you have a problem with something in the Bonvoy program, then contact via Twitter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.