Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:52 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Nobody said you got the entire 2021....

But, I think everyone is in unison here....think we are digressing.
@pharmawalk,

You never say what I overlooked.

This is what I said in post #2971:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrgg If it's "next full year," then don't you mean 2021? Also, I thought Marriott status resets March 1st.
No, this is not only Marriott, but most other hotel reward programs too. You get the status for the remainder of the calendar in which you earn it, and the next full year.

Since you earn the status in 2019, you get the status for remainder of 2019 and 2020 full year. Not 2021.

This RC spending is always cardmember year. The updated Marriott site says it is "account year". The last Marriott rep told me it resets on Feb-1 each year. But it is good if it is Mar-1. But it is early of the year.

rrgg asked if it is 2021, I said not entire 2021. I do not care about the one or two months of 2021. You do not get the full 2021.....
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
To be honest, Redsun, I think this is a semantics situation and you are getting a little defensive. If you reread every post, nobody said until the end of 2021.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
Annual fee hit. Still getting the $395 price on my end.
I'm still grandfathered in on the $395 annual fee too. Just used my $300 travel credit for a nice upgrade to 1st class for a 6.5 hour Hawaii flight.
danbnash likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:13 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

To be honest, Redsun, I think this is a semantics situation and you are getting a little defensive. If you reread every post, nobody said until the end of 2021.
You never answer my question where I overlooked. And what I overlooked. I do not know is more defensive....

Someone did ask about 2021. One or two month of 2021 is not consider year 2021....
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:12 pm

Thank you for reminding me (and everyone) that this is done by cardholder year. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry that pointing out a typo turned into a discussion.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
But AA miles

Has anyone gotten reimbursed with the $300 travel credit for buying AA miles?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
I'm still grandfathered in on the $395 annual fee too. Just used my $300 travel credit for a nice upgrade to 1st class for a 6.5 hour Hawaii flight.
Off topic but curious about details of this upgrade. I thought premium cabins to Hawaii were dearer than gold.
flymax77 likes this.

Last edited by rj123456; Mar 8, 2019 at 2:55 am
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by rj123456
Off topic but curious about details of this upgrade. I rhthoug premium cabins to HawaaH were dearer than gold.
Sorry, I cannot understand your poor English spelling. You might want to edit that.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
Thank you for reminding me (and everyone) that this is done by cardholder year. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry that pointing out a typo turned into a discussion.
Yes - thank you RedSun for correcting me. I corrected my initial reply to slivrflyr.

rj123456: Delta FCM at its finest...think i got lucky on this one tbh.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Mar 7, 2019 at 5:46 am
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:17 am

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...omment-2176236

"Thanks for all of the reports one way or another. I’ll reach back out to Marriott for an update on the situation for those who spent $10K before the deadline. I’m sure it’s not any consolation to anyone stuck at Gold, but I completed $10K spend in July 2018 (previous cardholder) and my Platinum stuck — so I’m at least 80% confident that this can be fixed for those who dropped to Gold. I’ll report back with whatever I hear."

Am a previous cardholder as well and completed the $10k spend in July 2018 as well. So completely astounded that some have fallen through the cracks.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Originally Posted by rj123456
Off topic but curious about details of this upgrade. I rhthoug premium cabins to HawaaH were dearer than gold.
guessing this was United
i also got a nice upgrade offer
booked a coach flight using chase UR
was less than $200 one way LAX-OGG on United
United treats the UR as cash equivalent fare
then a few days before flight,
offered less than $300 to upgrade to first class
in the United app.

great deal, but this was during the Dec slow season
so timing is everything
rj123456 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Fixed. Perils of trying to reply on a mobile.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:12 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Here's another data point regarding Platinum to Gold downgrading. First off, I'm Platinum Elite as a result of acquiring the RC Reward card in June 2018. I still maintain my Platinum Elite status on the Marriott app and in my account on their website. I have a reservation this month at a Ritz-Carlton hotel and I received a welcome email ahead of my visit. In the email I was thanked for "being a loyal Bonvoy Gold Elite Member" and the Gold Elite benefits that I would receive were listed. After reading the email, I called Marriott and confirmed that they have me as Platinum Elite, just like their app says. The Marriott rep said the confusion was probably due to issues with the "transition" (merger). I replied to the RC guest relations rep that I am really Platinum Elite and she apologized for the confusion and said that I can show my membership status at check-in. What is odd about this is that it appears that the Marriott and RC computer systems may not be integrated, which would be strange because the RC app and SPG app both had me as Platinum Elite as well before they became non functional and the Marriott app took over. So something is really strange here. I just hope Marriott's computer system doesn't have a glitch and downgrade me to Gold just before check-in. It's a real hassle having to prove that you are the status you say you are and it wastes a lot of my valuable time.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: Kettle Class
I had the same experience at RC Kyoto in late-February. The Marriott app showed my status as Platinum (since downgraded to Gold despite having spent 10k+ on the RC card in 1H2018), but the hotel's records nonetheless had me as Gold for the duration of the stay. You may be on to something with this thought that Marriott and RC databases aren't quite integrated yet either, among all the other post-merger issues members are having to suffer.

I'll be moving all my future 2019 stays over to Hilton until (if at all?) Marriott can fix this status discrepancy.

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Here's another data point regarding Platinum to Gold downgrading. First off, I'm Platinum Elite as a result of acquiring the RC Reward card in June 2018. I still maintain my Platinum Elite status on the Marriott app and in my account on their website. I have a reservation this month at a Ritz-Carlton hotel and I received a welcome email ahead of my visit. In the email I was thanked for "being a loyal Bonvoy Gold Elite Member" and the Gold Elite benefits that I would receive were listed. After reading the email, I called Marriott and confirmed that they have me as Platinum Elite, just like their app says. The Marriott rep said the confusion was probably due to issues with the "transition" (merger). I replied to the RC guest relations rep that I am really Platinum Elite and she apologized for the confusion and said that I can show my membership status at check-in. What is odd about this is that it appears that the Marriott and RC computer systems may not be integrated, which would be strange because the RC app and SPG app both had me as Platinum Elite as well before they became non functional and the Marriott app took over. So something is really strange here. I just hope Marriott's computer system doesn't have a glitch and downgrade me to Gold just before check-in. It's a real hassle having to prove that you are the status you say you are and it wastes a lot of my valuable time.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Elite, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Re downgrade from Platinum Elite to Gold...I have had the Ritz Chase card for at least 3 years and always have qualified for old Gold/ new Platinum Elite based on spending, not nights. Last week both the app and website starting showing me as Gold. I contacted the Lurker March 5 via the email and they said they would forward my request to the right department. As luck would have it, i was booked at the Westin Hapuna Resort in Hawaii starting March 8. Lurker said they would contact the hotel for me to let them know about my status issue. They did not say one way or another whether my status would be restored, just that they would send on my request. I arrived at the Westin Hapuna who didnt know anything about any of this, just that I was listed as Gold. They said they would give me Platinum breakfast vouchers if I could get my status restored. I called Marriott, and talked to 2 customer service reps the second more senior one being very very definite that minimum spend would no longer get you Platinum, only nights will, and that he has been telling callers this all day and so, my Platinum status will not be restored. On all the online chatter about this issue, I have not seen anyone with this outcome. Anyone else???? It's possible I missed some new developments on this issue in the last day or so since I am on vacation. Thanks for any wisdom anyone might have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.