Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by senyah
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...omment-2176153

Hopefully, we haven't missed the update train.
Thanks! I see some there do fall into the classification I inquired about. Personally, I wouldn't worry senyah. Marriott will make this right.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Mar 5, 2019 at 6:25 pm
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
My status dropped to gold and then was restored to platinum without my doing anything. Card opened early July 2018, so still in first year.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Mine was never downgraded. Sitting at the St. Regis Bal Harbour with an upgrade to an atlantic suite on points because of the platinum status.
However, during the merger, both my accounts SPG Gold, and Ritz Gold, were showing as Platinum
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:49 am

Hi guys. How does the $75k spend work. Is it based on trailing 12 months , calendar year or card member year. If my AF bills on January statement and by thins statement I hit $75k. Does that mean I have plat until Feb 2021? How about if i hit $75k mid year this year?

rep told me that status from a challenge stay/nights is only good for the remainder of the calendar year. Is that also the case?

Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Hi guys. How does the $75k spend work. Is it based on trailing 12 months , calendar year or card member year. If my AF bills on January statement and by thins statement I hit $75k. Does that mean I have plat until Feb 2021? How about if i hit $75k mid year this year?

rep told me that status from a challenge stay/nights is only good for the remainder of the calendar year. Is that also the case?

Thanks
Calendar year (this is wrong per Red Sun, its cardmember year). As soon as you hit the threshold, you'll be upgraded to Platinum and it will extend through the next year period. So, if you hit that threshold this year, then you'll be good until end of Feb 2021. Status challenges are sometimes unique (i.e., I have one now going that has to be completed in 3 months apparently), so hard to say exactly in your case.
slivrflyr likes this.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Mar 6, 2019 at 9:27 pm
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:58 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Calendar year. As soon as you hit the threshold, you'll be upgraded to Platinum and it will extend through the next year period. So, if you hit that threshold this year, then you'll be good until end of Feb 2021. Status challenges are sometimes unique (i.e., I have one now going that has to be completed in 3 months apparently), so hard to say exactly in your case.
The $75,000 is in a cardmember year. Not sure if this has changed recently. When you hit the $75k, you'll be upgrade for the remainder of the calendar year and the next full year. When you get to $75k today, you'll be Plat to 1/31/2021.

Upgrade to Platinum Elite status when you spend $75,000 or more in a cardmember year

Also from Marriott:

https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...n/elite_status

Platinum Elite is Within Reach*

When you spend $75,000 on your card in an account year, you will be automatically elevated to Platinum Elite status.

Last edited by RedSun; Mar 6, 2019 at 11:54 am
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
... When you hit the $75k, you'll be upgrade for the remainder of the calendar year and the next full year. When you get to $75k today, you'll be Plat to 1/31/2020.
If it's "next full year," then don't you mean 2021? Also, I thought Marriott status resets March 1st.

Last edited by rrgg; Mar 6, 2019 at 10:49 am
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:43 am

Today I was Bonvoy'd by the Lurkers. I had sent an email requesting an extension on two Ritz 60K certificates after being declined by phone reps. The response was yes on the extension but a reduction in the value of the certs to only 50K each. Not the response I was hoping for.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:45 am

The $75,000 is in a cardmember year. Not sure if this has changed recently. When you hit the $75k, you'll be upgrade for the remainder of the calendar year and the next full year. When you get to $75k today, you'll be Plat to 1/31/2020.

Upgrade to Platinum Elite status when you spend $75,000 or more in a cardmember year

Also from Marriott:

https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...n/elite_status

Platinum Elite is Within Reach*

When you spend $75,000 on your card in an account year, you will be automatically elevated to Platinum Elite status.
Yeah, I have hit the 75k before and it worked for me the way I explained above (received Plat for the rest of the year + the entire following year + the extra two months of the subsequent year). I would definitely call JP Morgan to precisely clarify whether it is calendar or cardmember year, because that could clearly make a difference. I may have gotten those confused....sorry if I did (if so, good catch RedSun). My calendar year and cardmember year are very close to each other, so essentially the same for me.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Mar 6, 2019 at 10:56 am
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rrgg
If it's "next full year," then don't you mean 2021? Also, I thought Marriott status resets March 1st.
No, this is not only Marriott, but most other hotel reward programs too. You get the status for the remainder of the calendar in which you earn it, and the next full year.

Since you earn the status in 2019, you get the status for remainder of 2019 and 2020 full year. Not 2021.

This RC spending is always cardmember year. The updated Marriott site says it is "account year". The last Marriott rep told me it resets on Feb-1 each year. But it is good if it is Mar-1. But it is early of the year.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:14 am

No, this is not only Marriott, but most other hotel reward programs too. You get the status for the remainder of the calendar in which you earn it, and the next full year.

Since you earn the status in 2019, you get the status for remainder of 2019 and 2020 full year. Not 2021.

This RC spending is always cardmember year. The updated Marriott site says it is "account year". The last Marriott rep told me it resets on Feb-1 each year. But it is good if it is Mar-1. But it is early of the year.
I think you are overlooking the fact that Marriott status extends status until end of Feb of the following year Redsun.

Similarly, Delta status extends until the end of January the year following. Hilton extends too.

Most programs don't actually discontinue your status on Jan 1st.

Edit: The reality is that if slivrflyr hits 75K this year (to be safe, prior to his/her card anniversary date), slivrflyr will have Plat status this year, next year and the following year until the end of Feb (i.e., until Feb 2021).

Last edited by pharmawalk; Mar 6, 2019 at 11:36 am
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I think you are overlooking the fact that Marriott status extends status until end of Feb of the following year Redsun.

Similarly, Delta status extends until the end of January the year following. Hilton extends too.

Most programs don't actually discontinue your status on Jan 1st.

Edit: The reality is that if slivrflyr hits 75K this year (to be safe, prior to his/her card anniversary date), slivrflyr will have Plat status this year, next year and the following year until the end of Feb (i.e., until Feb 2021).
What did I overlook? Did you read my entire post and the post prior. It does not matter if it is end of Jan or of end of Feb. It is the beginning of the following full calendar year. If you earn status now, you get to keep it to beginning of 2021. But you do not get the entire 2021....

Pls read more what I said...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:47 am

What did I overlook? Did you read my entire post and the post prior. It does not matter if it is end of Jan or of end of Feb. It is the beginning of the following full calendar year. If you earn status now, you get to keep it to beginning of 2021. But you do not get the entire 2021....

Pls read more what I said...
Nobody said you got the entire 2021....

But, I think everyone is in unison here....think we are digressing.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:48 am

Annual fee hit. Still getting the $395 price on my end.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:49 am

I never said you'd get status for all of 2021. I was only pointing out your typo.

Earlier you wrote, "When you get to $75k today, you'll be Plat to 1/31/2020."

The date you named is about 10 months away. Instead you would get Platinum through 2/28/2021 (or potentially 1/31/2021 if that is really the reset month).

Last edited by rrgg; Mar 6, 2019 at 11:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.