Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
It seems like Marriott's IT didn't distinguish between first year, spend, etc. it just saw "Plat status from Ritz" -> Gold.

I too am showing as Gold as of today. Just as I finished booking some hotels for Asia next month where I chose them because of Plat status. Lovely. Hoping for a speedy resolution for all otherwise this is just another nail in the coffin for my future with Marriott.
I've also reached out to Chase and if not resolved shortly, intend to file complaints with the appropriate regulatory authorities. The representation on the old website is available at https://web.archive.org/web/20190213...com/privileges
AlertPenguin likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
It seems like Marriott's IT didn't distinguish between first year, spend, etc. it just saw "Plat status from Ritz" -> Gold.

I too am showing as Gold as of today. Just as I finished booking some hotels for Asia next month where I chose them because of Plat status. Lovely. Hoping for a speedy resolution for all otherwise this is just another nail in the coffin for my future with Marriott.
I'm on the phone right now trying to get this resolved satisfactorily. When I explained everything to the agent, she totally comprehended everything without getting confused (which is great) and now I am on hold while she checks into everything. Will update.
AlertPenguin likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
You're right in that we're in a different boat in that it's a different "benefit," although I resent the moral implications. I'm actually a Lifetime Gold Elite and paid $450 for a card with the representation of "Platinum Elite Status through 2019" for the first year. This wasn't "hacking" or any remotely dishonest or disingenuous behavior on my part.
ALOT of people signed up last minute to specifically take advantage, how am I supposed to know who did it for whatever reasons. Just saying there were two camps. Didn't mean to imply anything about you personally (forgive me) and I clearly stated that it shouldn't make a difference either way really.

Edit: just frustrated right now
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
ALOT of people signed up last minute to specifically take advantage, how am I supposed to know who did it for whatever reasons. Just saying there were two camps. Didn't mean to imply anything about you personally (forgive me) and I clearly stated that it shouldn't make a difference either way really.
I guess I'm still just befuddled to the extent you are using "take advantage" derogatorily, to suggest people did something wrong by signing up and paying for a credit card at a later date than you did.
nexusCFX and AlertPenguin like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Not to tell people what to do, but if you're going to call, please also email the lurker team. They are honestly better equipped to handle this sort of thing than phone reps, and hopefully a number of people emailing them will lead to the right people hearing this internally.
@Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I guess I'm still just befuddled to the extent you are using "take advantage" derogatorily, to suggest people did something wrong by signing up and paying for a credit card at a later date than you did.
I guess I am just sticking my feet in my mouth Adam1222. As my original post stated, there shouldn't be any difference regardless. Granted I have been on on both sides of that coin, so it is what it is. Not trying to get in an internet battle.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by RedSun
The $75k spend gets you the current Marriott Platinum, not Titanium....
Yeah I know...........You asked how so I told you how but that's why I have ? for this year.

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
SPG had arguably the best hotel in both Kyoto (Suiran) and Tokyo (PG)
Agreed!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
The Chase RC service line has no clue about this. I'll take my chances with Marriott CS next, but help from @Marriott Bonvoy Lurker would be much appreciated by everyone in this situation. I sent an e-mail to their profile email as well.

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Not to tell people what to do, but if you're going to call, please also email the lurker team. They are honestly better equipped to handle this sort of thing than phone reps, and hopefully a number of people emailing them will lead to the right people hearing this internally.
@Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
jdj27x111 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by progapanda
The Chase RC service line has no clue about this. I'll take my chances with Marriott CS next, but help from @Marriott Bonvoy Lurker would be much appreciated by everyone in this situation. I sent an e-mail to their profile email as well.
Chase shouldn’t as this isn’t their problem. Marriott tried to spin me around in circles when I reached out to them on Twitter and now they’re waiting to hear back from the correct department after I sent them the archive.org link shared earlier in the thread.
jdj27x111 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:28 pm

Things gave changed for the better.
jdj27x111 likes this.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Mar 5, 2019 at 7:51 am
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
The app downgraded me to Gold. Still Platinum on the website.

I do have a confirmation from Marriott in writting that my Platinum should last until 2020 (recieved in September), although I doubt it worth anything.

When I talked with Chase about it several months ago (including with the front office personal in October) they washed their hands of the entrie issue completly (and told me I'm going to be Gold).

All in all bad customer service all around.

UPDATED: Talked with Marriott customer representative - the issue had been forwarded to a specialized department and they should get back within 5 business days. I'm not holding my breath.
jdj27x111 likes this.

Last edited by MD/DC Flyer; Mar 3, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
The app downgraded me to Gold. Still Platinum on the website.

I do have a confirmation from Marriott in writting that my Platinum should last until 2020 (recieved in September), although I doubt it worth anything.

When I talked with Chase about it several months ago (including with the front office personal in October) they washed their hands of the entrie issue completly (and told me I'm going to be Gold).

All in all bad customer service all around.
I'd recommend refreshing and removing cookies related to Marriott and see what the website says....from my experience the app is actually more accurate.
RedSun and jdj27x111 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I'd recommend refreshing and removing cookies related to Marriott and see what the website says....from my experience the app is actually more accurate.
I'm not suprised they are out of sync for a while. I still Platinum on the website (even incognito and even in freshly used browser). On the phone now with them with "welcome to the Gold line" - so that's that.
jdj27x111 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Another thing I might recommend is sending an email over to Greg at FrequentMiler. He is the blogger that talked about earning platinum status via this card in a number of posts, and Marriott confirmed to him directly that everyone who had it would get platinum until the start of 2020. Could be helpful to have a blogger highlighting Marriott reneging on the original terms here. It wouldn't be the first time that public coverage was required to get them to do the right thing.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:06 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

For most of the RC card holders, Marriott system shows the Plat status expiring Jan-31-2019. But the system did not switch over until now. This has nothing to do with the folks who spent $10k with RC card. But folks who opened the RC card in 2018 still get another year of Marriott Plat from its original program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.