Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
When does the annual free night post?

I noticed that the annual club certificates into my Marriott account today but no sign of Free night.
After card anniversary I believe.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
When does the annual free night post?

I noticed that the annual club certificates into my Marriott account today but no sign of Free night.
My annual 50k night posted the day after my club certs so hopefully tomorrow brings you good news!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
And still Platinum, so far so good...
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
You could file down the RC card so that its edges are all sharp and then use it as a throwing star.
I'm somewhat ashamed to say that I may have infact actually already done this. I was lazily sharpening some knives using this and the idea popped into my head. I thought it be simple to do and so it was.

Originally Posted by Willbur
My annual 50k night posted the day after my club certs so hopefully tomorrow brings you good news!
I'm back to gold. It was so easy to just load 10K into my bank account. Now it's 75K. That's much more problematic First time I lost platinum. I think I was Platinum for at least 3 years in a row thanks to this card.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I have had the regular Marriott Premier for many many years and recently converted to the Marriott Premier Plus. Just wondering if its possible to PC to this card. I think the $100 discount for flight tickets may be worth the increase in annual fees
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Smile

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I have had the regular Marriott Premier for many many years and recently converted to the Marriott Premier Plus. Just wondering if its possible to PC to this card. I think the $100 discount for flight tickets may be worth the increase in annual fees
Yes, there are several DP's that PC'ing to this product is possible. However, I haven't seen any since the Feb 13th Bonvoy launch. I suggest calling as you have nothing to lose.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I think the $100 discount for flight tickets may be worth the increase in annual fees
Fyi, it’s been worth it to me, except that notifications (flight time changes, etc.) go to their travel agent, and I don’t get notified. Almost missed a flight due to that. Makes it much less valuable, to me. Ymmv. Cheers.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Mine posted 3 days after the club upgrade certs.

Originally Posted by nk15
And still Platinum, so far so good...
Same, I think the real test is going to be March 1 and after. From what I understand the Marriott elite status year has historically gone through the end of February, so I think people hoping for Jan 31 to be the D Day were hopeful/misinformed/who knows what, the way this merger has gone.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing if Plat sticks or not since will impact my work stays in the next quarter.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

deleted
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:20 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by krazykanuck

Same, I think the real test is going to be March 1 and after. From what I understand the Marriott elite status year has historically gone through the end of February, so I think people hoping for Jan 31 to be the D Day were hopeful/misinformed/who knows what, the way this merger has gone.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing if Plat sticks or not since will impact my work stays in the next quarter.
As I said before, in its system, Marriott had my Platinum expired on 1/31/2019. But SO's Platinum expires on 1/31/2020.... SO's RC card opened in July-2018, just before the card close.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Still no free night.... did the free night arrive soon after the annual fee?

My annual fee still hasn't hit.

Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by krazykanuck

I think this is spot on and perhaps we should be ready for a status change. The reason I say this is because I just made a reservation for a Hawaii property last night with the stay initiating on the 3/8. I just called the hotel about something and in passing, they mentioned that they could see I had GOLD status even though my app and the marriott website say i'm PLATINUM. I corrected her and she said she was correcting the reservation to Platinum status, but I suspect I may wake up tomorrow and see something I'm not going to like.

Edit; 3/1 and I awoke to a pleasant surprise!

Last edited by pharmawalk; Mar 1, 2019 at 7:31 am
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedSun
As I said before, in its system, Marriott had my Platinum expired on 1/31/2019. But SO's Platinum expires on 1/31/2020.... SO's RC card opened in July-2018, just before the card close.
OK, but did your status actually disappear per the app or website? The reason I'm wondering is because Marriott statuses roll over at the end of Feb, not Jan.

Edit: it's now March 1 and I'm still Platinum per the app.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Mar 1, 2019 at 7:05 am
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still looking good and Platinum as well, it looks like a BonVoy so far indeed...
danbnash likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: cnb reward for travel/gas/restaurant/grocery
where to find the ritz carlton annual free night in Marriott account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.