Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:46 am

Very upset

I thought The Ritz Carlton was the top hotel of Marriotts
so you would think that having the very heavy metal card would be something that would standout, apparently The executives At Marriott and Chase didn’t think the Ritz Carlton card should be different, should be unique
Now the card is like every other card
they should give the holders of the cards an option
very heavy metal or not
a top Hotel should have a top card
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:05 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk. As you are aware, the Ritz-Carlton card is a discontinued product, and Chase changed the card material in August, first reported HERE.

The contract to issue the premium Bonvoy Brilliant card was awarded to American Express, but it is not Ritz-Carlton branded.

Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Hawker44
I thought The Ritz Carlton was the top hotel of Marriotts
so you would think that having the very heavy metal card would be something that would standout, apparently The executives At Marriott and Chase didn’t think the Ritz Carlton card should be different, should be unique
Now the card is like every other card
they should give the holders of the cards an option
very heavy metal or not
a top Hotel should have a top card
Yeah, I feel your pain.

Of course, I have also felt the pain of dropping that card on my foot. Haven't lost any toes yet (there might be a separate thread for that), but I do now make sure that we are wearing work boots when we call in to get the travel credits.

Welcome to Flyertalk!
nk15 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: cnb reward for travel/gas/restaurant/grocery
Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk. As you are aware, the Ritz-Carlton card is a discontinued product, and Chase changed the card material in August, first reported HERE.

The contract to issue the premium Bonvoy Brilliant card was awarded to American Express, but it is not Ritz-Carlton branded.

wow, didn't know that till now. Luckily I can still enjoy another 3 years of full metal, hopefully down to the road they can change it back.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:02 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by thomasmessi
.... Luckily I can still enjoy another 3 years of full metal,....
Perhaps. The name of this card has been slightly changed, and Chase may send replacement cards to everyone. This doesn't seem cost effective, but if someone is obsessed about the branding it might occur.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
So sad that the Ritz Carlton card is dead for new applicants and will not be renewed for existing applicants. SAD SAD SAD!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:21 pm

Sad

Maybe if enough of us card holders complain they would offer a choice of metal or that thing we now have
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Yeah, I feel your pain.
Of course, I have also felt the pain of dropping that card on my foot. Haven't lost any toes yet (there might be a separate thread for that), but I do now make sure that we are wearing work boots when we call in to get the travel credits.

Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Perhaps. The name of this card has been slightly changed, and Chase may send replacement cards to everyone. This doesn't seem cost effective, but if someone is obsessed about the branding it might occur.
I can confirm that my letter on Ritz-Carlton stationary contained the following….

"…you will receive a new Ritz-Carlton Credit Card when your current card expires."

For me that's 4 more years of watch-cashiers-drop-my-credit-card entertainment. In truth, the thing lives in my sock drawer.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Yeah, I feel your pain.

Welcome to Flyertalk!
This. A lot of individuals were using the card as a throwing star, it had to be banned for safety reasons.
krazykanuck and Adam1222 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by holyPockets
For me that's 4 more years of watch-cashiers-drop-my-credit-card entertainment. In truth, the thing lives in my sock drawer.
Mine comes out to play when I rent cars. That's about it.
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AGR S+, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by nk15
This. A lot of individuals were using the card as a throwing star, it had to be banned for safety reasons.
Using the RC card as a Ninja Star do attract a lot of attention, especially in anime conventions....
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by holyPockets
I can confirm that my letter on Ritz-Carlton stationary contained the following….

"…you will receive a new Ritz-Carlton Credit Card when your current card expires."

As long as no one skims your card or copies it's number or you lose it or the number leaks due to a data breach or whatever else would cause Chase to re-issue a new card number.
Also it looks like at least on the AMEX side of things, they (Marriott?) decided to replace existing cards before they expire. Just got this in an email:
our Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card also has a new name: The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card. The new, stainless-steel Card design will be available to new accounts in March 2019. Existing Card Members will automatically receive the new Card design starting in April 2019 and over the following months.
For the business card:
...Existing Card Members will automatically receive the new Card design in June 2019.
Haven't got the email for the regular Bonvoy Amex yet, but I'm sure it will be replaced in a similar time frame. To that "sexy" new design

That's an extra not so necessary expense, but it seems like they really want to get rid of the old branding. Hopefully I can keep my slab of metal Ritz card for atleast a little while longer.

Last edited by anam; Feb 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:24 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by neutralist
Using the RC card as a Ninja Star do attract a lot of attention, especially in anime conventions....
In the movie the "Glimmer Man," Seven Seagal uses a credit card to destroy a gang of Russian Mafia thugs. However, his is plastic, with a hidden razor blade in it. You could file down the RC card so that its edges are all sharp and then use it as a throwing star. If you do, make sure the card is expired so that you're not giving your account information away. Credit card fight scene: (spoiler alert: not for the squeamish)

With the new Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant being stainless steel, I suspect they will eventually phase out the RC card completely and if you want an all-metal card, you'll have to choose the Bonvoy Brilliant.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Feb 25, 2019 at 5:28 pm Reason: To add information.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
In the movie the "Glimmer Man," Seven Seagal uses a credit card to destroy a gang of Russian Mafia thugs. However, his is plastic, with a hidden razor blade in it. You could file down the RC card so that its edges are all sharp and then use it as a throwing star. If you do, make sure the card is expired so that you're not giving your account information away. Credit card fight scene: (spoiler alert: not for the squeamish) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbRMqd3n3-o

With the new Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant being stainless steel, I suspect they will eventually phase out the RC card completely and if you want an all-metal card, you'll have to choose the Bonvoy Brilliant.
Interesting take on the card.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
When does the annual free night post?

I noticed that the annual club certificates into my Marriott account today but no sign of Free night.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.